Find results in...

[ENGINE] Eclipse Advanced v3.0.21

tslusny

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I will make option for increased movement speed maybe

That's fine I guess, should have just kept it in there it was a nice feature, at least it helped me a lot for mapping on larger maps.

Also the removing the collision is not very helpful as it was needed to test and make sure your blocks are in the right spots, maybe make a toggle for that.

Just trying to help out as I would like to use EA as my main engine when it's 100% done so I figure that giving lots of feed back is helpful.

I keep getting an error , when I fight a npc and leave to another map, heres the code it takes me to on error.

```

Sub ProcessNpcMovement(ByVal MapNpcNum As Long)

' If debug mode, handle error then exit out

If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

' Check if NPC is walking, and if so process moving them over

If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).Moving = MOVING_WALKING Then

Select Case MapNpc(MapNpcNum).Dir

Case DIR_UP

TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset - ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))

If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset < 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = 0

Case DIR_DOWN

TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset + ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))

If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset > 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = 0

Case DIR_LEFT

TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset - ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))

If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset < 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = 0

Case DIR_RIGHT

TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset + ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))

If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset > 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = 0

End Select

```RTE 9.

> Ok guys new version. I do not added all bugfixes what you all posted yet, but i will do it in next versions. And becouse Iris dropped his Eclopti (and he pointed reason of dropping it directly to me, what is little rude) i will add my GUI class in next version maybe too (i do not wanted to add it, becouse Iris wanted to do it for Eclopti).
>
> New version
>
> Eclipse Adavanced v3.0.18
>
> What is new?
>
> * Server side check for developer suite
> * Removed collisions when in Developer suite
> * Added more options when logging to Developer Suite
> * Matched Admin Panel style to be more fitting Developer Suite style
> * Removed many things from editors what i forgot to remove in normal .exe
> * Removed Admin Warp feature (shift + click) becouse it wasnt needed becouse of collisions removal
> * Removed Level Up feature from admin panel and removed packet for it too. It was unneeded command.
>
> **Some screenies**
>
> **![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/cc17c6ec5fbbf92cf519b13e585b65dd.png)**

Its also Kinda rude That you called him a liar.

> (and he pointed reason of dropping it directly to me, what is little rude)

Just like how you claimed that I stole my own code, and plagiarised from you, amirite?

Anyway, I'm past this vendetta now. The rant's out of my system. Have fun using this broken engine, people!

> I keep getting an error , when I fight a npc and leave to another map, heres the code it takes me to on error.
>
> ```
>
> Sub ProcessNpcMovement(ByVal MapNpcNum As Long)
>
> ' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
>
> If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler
>
> ' Check if NPC is walking, and if so process moving them over
>
> If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).Moving = MOVING_WALKING Then
>
>
>
> Select Case MapNpc(MapNpcNum).Dir
>
> Case DIR_UP
>
> TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset - ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))
>
> If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset < 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = 0
>
>
>
> Case DIR_DOWN
>
> TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset + ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))
>
> If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset > 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).yOffset = 0
>
>
>
> Case DIR_LEFT
>
> TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset - ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))
>
> If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset < 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = 0
>
>
>
> Case DIR_RIGHT
>
> TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset + ((ElapsedTime / 1000) * (Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).num).speed * SIZE_X))
>
> If TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset > 0 Then TempMapNpc(MapNpcNum).xOffset = 0
>
>
>
> End Select
>
> ```RTE 9.

I think adding check **if MapNpcNum > 0** will fix it. I will add it to next version. In next version i fixed all TakeItem, GIveItem Event System bugs (fix what Ertz posted wasn´t 100 % working). I am working on EA Classic now too with basic EO resolution and VB6 GUI (but that GUI will be fitting current EA GUI grey color style, so it wont be basic EO 2.0/3.0 GUI)

Oh i forgot an important thing , npc minimum speed is "1" in npc editor but if we don't want it to move then we can't there need to be an option for it :/ (or maybe speed = 0 then after that 1.

**IMPORTANT BUG FOUND**

**(I made test with my friends ) and we found that :**

**-When we add ressources (Like trees) that make tchat latency (send and receive message latency ) ! and gameplay fluidity decrease) FPS decrease too !**

**-****And also Npc Spawn attribute may cause some lags (fluidity decrease)**

**Information :

This happens only when "Online" not when you are localhost**

**Please post the bugfix as soon as possible (code only too ) so i can fix it without changing version for the moment.

This is urgent that was the tchat latency and lag i was talking about to you !

please take a look fast on it !**

> Oh i forgot an important thing , npc minimum speed is "1" in npc editor but if we don't want it to move then we can't there need to be an option for it :/ (or maybe speed = 0 then after that 1.
>
> **IMPORTANT BUG FOUND**
>
> **(I made test with my friends ) and we found that :**
>
> **-When we add ressources (Like trees) that make tchat latency (send and receive message latency ) ! and gameplay fluidity decrease) FPS decrease too !**
>
> **-****And also Npc Spawn attribute may cause some lags (fluidity decrease)**
>
> **Information :
>
> This happens only when "Online" not when you are localhost**
>
> **Please post the bugfix as soon as possible (code only too ) so i can fix it without changing version for the moment.
>
> This is urgent that was the tchat latency and lag i was talking about to you !
>
> please take a look fast on it !**

If you wanna make NPC not moving, use Shopkeeper NPC layout.

And for that Latency bug, i am using almost entire EA features and engine in Prospekt and i never noticed it.

Maybe you fixed it somehow and you just didn't noticed?

But i swear it happens if you want you can take a look by yourself on my game i made alot of tests in local it doesn't happen but online it does , also when there is no trees like i said the fps stays to 32 when i add trees it decrease .

(adding alot of trees cause the problem )

Ok we tested this with clark on 2 different server machines in other countries, and EA do not have this problem what clark wroted

EDIT:

We found problem - You must have all resource informations filled correctly, otherwise it will start epicly lag

> Please specify how the client connects to the server? Remote Desktop Protocol, terminal services, Vpn, Browser (IIS), the other?

You run the EXE on a desktop.

Also why cant vb6 have things like this.

```

#if BUILD_DEVSUITE

Some Dev Code

#endif

![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)

```

**Eclipse Advanced v3.0.15**

I am not sure about other versions, I am testing with this one for now.

When you apply a sound effect to an animation, it does not play that sound

When you make a heal skill/spell the healing does not get applied instantly but only when you take damage from some source

> im having a problem with monster's not moving fast at all they might move 1 space ever 3 min (yes i moved movement speed up to 6 and even all the way to 10 and still hardly move at all)

Thats becouse you are running server and client on same machine, their both using a lot of CPU when unlocked, so it will slow down both, when they are both running and one of them is unlocked.