Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Instancing (MapPacks Style)

Scott

Newest Version

This version adds persistent items to instancing, when you leave an instanced map instead of deleting the items they are added to a temp list of instanced items. Limit is 1 maps worth of max items(225?) per instance, can be changed.

(Updated to fix 2 bugs in first download)

Download: [https://mega.co.nz/#…KQ9S5-x3OYWrVW8](https://mega.co.nz/#!n8gCmAwY!GP2i3iSk7wL0OWvbjwbl5QIh_wNuKQ9S5-x3OYWrVW8)

(I had to use outside hosting because some one though it would be funny to make the upload limit 2 mb… and the built in File Host won't accept zips or rars from me.)

Old Versions

(These Downloads will be missing updates/bug fixes use at your own risk I will provide no help with them)

[attachment=157:PostMapInstance2.zip]

So over the past few weeks in my free time(Sorry guild tutorial people hoping for an update) I've been writing a tutorial for instanced map, along the way it changed into more than just a single instanced map. I had the idea why can't you walk around this instanced world with your friends, transition map-map in per-designed template worlds.

Example

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/636695f20c364b71320fb4c53f6e7651.png)

You can have as many folders as you want all filled with as many maps as you want. Any warp tiles/border map transition will read off these folders moving the player around these per-designed worlds, simply placing an instance map tile inside the instance will act as an exit. For this release it will always load a player into map 1 in that set of maps, you can choose the x/y of the spawn though(Plan to change this).

Example

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/83604d13b06d0a995c68d669e3303ca6.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6558ecaad977898d96f1043c84b7c0e3.png)

Already has full party support, if your in a party you will all be able to see each other and play together inside the instances. It will let each player explore maps in the instance on their own or be on the same map together.

You have to make these map packs, I gave 1 very simple example inside but you have to use this client/server to map the maps out for those folders. It works like the gfx for eclipse if you skip a map ie.1,2,3,4,6 it will only read the first 4 maps since there is a break in the sequence.

Note:The example map with the instance warp is on map 2, my bad.

So let me know what else you would like to see in this/all bugs you find no matter how small and stupid. I'll rip it to a tutorial when I feel there is no major issues with it.

This contains both the source/compiled versions of it, if you want to rip this for your game before I make this a tutorial search the source for "'TUT TUT" as I labeled most if not all of the edits with that tag.

[attachment=157:PostMapInstance2.zip]

> now if we could combine this with random generated dungeons, we would have such a great system xd

Originally started out as that, and I plan to write a separate section on how you can use it like that, this one is for people who want a bunch of static instanced worlds for bosses/dungeons ect.

Yes damian as being someone who got to test the dungeon generator I must say u could make a very cool game just with that.. and I really thought it would be slow to use but instantly it made a dungeon full of different sized rooms and multiple doors and dead ends and stuff… was really cool can't wait to see more

First bug fix, this fixes an issue where if a member of the party attempts to join a different instance mappack than the rest of the party, they would just be taken to their groups map and override that map temporarily for that part of the group.

For those who already downloaded it

Server Side

Find

```

'Check if in a party

If TempPlayer(Index).inParty > 0 Then

For i = 1 To 4

If Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i) > 0 Then

If Player(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).Map = Player(Index).Map And Not TempPlayer(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).CurrentInstanceMap = MapToUse Then

'Where with our friend but moving to a different map than him

NeedNewMap = True

Exit For

End If

End If

Next i

End If

'Check if in a party

For i = 1 To 4

'Check and see if another player is on this instance map

If TempPlayer(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).CurrentInstanceMap = MapToUse Then

NewMap = Player(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).Map

NeedNewMap = False

Exit For

End If

End If

Next i

End If

```

Replace it with

```

'Check if in a party

For i = 1 To 4

If Player(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).Map = Player(Index).Map And Not TempPlayer(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).CurrentInstanceMap = MapToUse Then

'Are we on the same mappack?

If TempPlayer(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).MapPack = TempPlayer(Index).MapPack Then

'Where with our friend but moving to a different map than him

NeedNewMap = True

Exit For

End If

End If

End If

Next i

For i = 1 To 4

'Check and see if another player is on this instance map

If TempPlayer(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).CurrentInstanceMap = MapToUse Then

'Are we on the same mappack?

If TempPlayer(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).MapPack = TempPlayer(Index).MapPack Then

NewMap = Player(Party(TempPlayer(Index).inParty).Member(i)).Map

NeedNewMap = False

Exit For

End If

End If

End If

Next i

End If

```

Sorry i never understanded what is instanced maps etc could you explain me what it does clear as possible

And if your instanced maps are fully working with Eclipse Advanced engine?

Thanks ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) !

Instanced maps is where you take a map(or set of maps in this case) and allow multiple players to play on that same map alone(and in groups with this take on it).

It's written for EO 2.0 only, I plan to write a version for events but that's after it works as intended on 2.0\. I don't see why it wouldn't work on Eclipse advanced though seeing as it does not look to have any changes that would mess with areas I edited.

Yes you can do anything with this, but it will require some programming to integrate it differently than I did with the mappacks but the core instance code is there so it shouldn't be to hard for people with light vb6 programming experience to do something like that. You could achieve alot with mostly copy pasting stuff and making slight changes to it.

How isn't it a good way please explain it?

> Wow… I wrote an instanced system which lead onto random dungeons long ago... This isn't the best way of doing it however its a start. Keep it up!
>
> ~Kibbelz

Please go into detail on why this isn't the best way of doing it, are you referring to the code or the user interface part? This has nothing to do with random dungeons though I simply stated that you could convert this to allow instanced randomly generated dungeons this release is simply for people who want static instanced dungeons ect.

> Npc's don't spawn correctly, and when you die on an instanced map it doesn't take you to the starting map or boot map, just puts you back onto the instanced map somewhere.

x2 on this bug. its the top left corner for the npcs, probly 0,0

> Npc's don't spawn correctly, and when you die on an instanced map it doesn't take you to the starting map or boot map, just puts you back onto the instanced map somewhere.

![:wacko:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.png) Oops lol completely forgot to re-write the on death sub lol thanks I'll fix those both asap and get version 3 out.

> Sweet tut man, thanks for the submission. Eclipse has really come a long way.

Thanks