Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Mega

Ertzel

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I tend to make quests/items and close out of the server/client before it properly saves everything and sometimes it seems I upload version of a client with different data then the server lol. I think in the last download the admin character has a quest already completed and a NPC is setup with a quest, but that quest is not saved in the server so it was causing problems.

Death said he is going to look into adding a different more stable version of a pet system to EM so I removed Naill's version as it wasn't the greatest for now. I also added in the Screenshot fix I re-coded so you can now take in-game screenshots using the PrintScreen keyboard key and they are stored as .jpg's client side in a ScreenShots folder labeled by the map name and a number indicating the amount of screenshots of that map you have.

Ya, I fixed that for the next version. I added a isPolearm boolean to the sub. To fix it on your own, add:```
Dim isPolearm As Boolean
```to the top and add this:

```

If GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon)).CombatTypeReq = 5 Then isPolearm = True Else isPolearm = False

Else

isPolearm = False

End If

```
above that check and replace the line with:```

If Not isPolearm Then ' Check for Polearm

```

Also I think the current version doesn't unequal your shield if your put on a two handed weapon or unequal your two handed weapon if you put on a shield. If that bug is in the current version it's fixed in the next. I also added a unarmed skill which levels up as you kill things if you have no weapon on and don't use a spell. The unarmed skill is the first combat skill now and they go up to 9 instead of 8.

In the next version will have a new version of the mini-map. It will still look the same ingame but now the map tiles stationary events are cached into memory when you join maps or change maps and have their own drawing sub. I also added a grey tile for resources to appear on the min-imap.

The change to the mini-map should help reduce some of the lag I've been told it causes.

Thanks . ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) Other than that I would just say that the combat level Req, doesnt work . It will still allow you to equip the item even if your level is under the req.

lols, somehow I completely forgot to put the code for checking your level and the item level when equipping lol.

Below:

```

' access requirement

If Not GetPlayerAccess(index) >= Item(itemnum).AccessReq Then

PlayerMsg index, "You do not meet the access requirement to equip this item.", BrightRed

Exit Sub

End If

```
Add:

```

' skill level requirement

If Not GetPlayerCombatLevel(index, Item(itemnum).CombatTypeReq) >= Item(itemnum).CombatLvlReq Then

PlayerMsg index, "You do not meet the skill level requirement to equip this item.", BrightRed

Exit Sub

End If

If GetPlayerEquipment(index, weapon) > 0 Then

tempItem = GetPlayerEquipment(index, weapon)

End If

```

In the current download, the 90% of the menu code is still in the source just commented out so it is very easy to add back in. I removed all of that code from the next version though as I am sticking to no menu. If people want to add it back in they can look at another version of Eclipse with it and add it back in on their own, its very easy to do.

What I'm working on now, I don't know if I'll be able to actually do and get it working correctly, but I am trying to implement bags/crates/extra storage for inventories and banks. So you could have an item that holds a certain amount of items to increase your inventory or bank storage. You could then place items into these containers and take items out just like you do with your inventory and view them on screen the same as your inventory.

When I was making ZE over a year ago with an old version of EO, I had this system in and working perfectly but I didn't code it for the game and have never tried it, so I don't know if I will end up getting it working but I think I know how to do it and will try.

Okay, good to know that wasn't just me being spazzy. I was wondering if the actual system wasn't saving or I was just ducking something up on my end. I'll look into the system and how Deathbeam implemented it into EM and try to fix that for the next version. When I tried to add it the first time, saving worked fine it was just the dialog part that was bugged to shit….

I think the next version of EM will be the last though. Once I fix quests and maybe add containers I'll probably stop development on EM and go back to just releasing tutorials.

All I want to ask is if your stopping EM, in the next release if I find a bug then would you help fix it if I show you the error code and what not? Because I am using your engine for my game as of last version, and I just want to know if I find something that gives me an error im not screwed like all of my other versions of my games Ive worked on in the past. Im asking if you would help, is all for bugs.

I'll continue giving support for EM related questions/bugs. I just wont be releasing any versions with new features/systems in them. If there are any major bugs related to EM though I'll release fixes for them either as downloads or show the code for the fix if its something simple.

> I'll continue giving support for EM related questions/bugs. I just wont be releasing any versions with new features/systems in them. If there are any major bugs related to EM though I'll release fixes for them either as downloads or show the code for the fix if its something simple.

Good Job anyway !

> Okay, good to know that wasn't just me being spazzy. I was wondering if the actual system wasn't saving or I was just ducking something up on my end. I'll look into the system and how Deathbeam implemented it into EM and try to fix that for the next version. When I tried to add it the first time, saving worked fine it was just the dialog part that was bugged to shit….
>
> I think the next version of EM will be the last though. Once I fix quests and maybe add containers I'll probably stop development on EM and go back to just releasing tutorials.

You stopping EM, i stopping EA ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) Every1 is getting lazy now ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> Heh, so rob's version wont have any opponent versions? Good for him ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

There is still ER, and EA have great features XD EA is bassically graphicall overhaul and ER is epicly stable and fast for now.

> You stopping EM, i stopping EA ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) Every1 is getting lazy now ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Nothing to do with being lazy. I will still continue to code new systems/features and work on bug fixes. I will just only be releasing tutorials for them like I already do and not adding them to this engine anymore.