Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[OPEN SOURCE] Flash Eclipse

Baron

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Honestly it shouldn't be that hard but I am not the greatest website developer in that regard. Anyone who is handy at php and xmlsocket connections shouldn't have an issue sending / retrieving info from the server, particularly if some server side coding was done to support it.
>
> I am personally unlikely to add standard hookups for the same because I have always had the mindset with the rollout that the file would end up on "hostile" servers, that either dont care or dont want to do non standard setups to make flash files run. If it was being rolled out to your own website that you controlled then a hook to a CMS system should be fairly straightforward to setup for somebody in the know.

This might be a stupid question and I'm sorry if it is, but is it possible to combine flash and php so when you're logged in on the cms and you open the site the flash is on, it can detect the username you're logged in to and find the account on the server (or create one if it doesn't exist) and then login automatically? If this works, is there a safe way to do this? Or is it just stupid?

> This might be a stupid question and I'm sorry if it is, but is it possible to combine flash and php so when you're logged in on the cms and you open the site the flash is on, it can detect the username you're logged in to and find the account on the server (or create one if it doesn't exist) and then login automatically? If this works, is there a safe way to do this? Or is it just stupid?

I am sure there would be a way to implement this, but it i not something I am going to code or implement.

I personally have not spent much time delving into making flash content interact with PHP scripting.

A quick google turns up that passing variables i possible and well documented using GET and POST by the looks of it.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4211684#4211684

so you could set your PHP script up to pass the user and pass to the swf based off your CMS login, then have the flash player pass thoe as the login details.

> I am sure there would be a way to implement this, but it i not something I am going to code or implement.
>
> I personally have not spent much time delving into making flash content interact with PHP scripting.
>
> A quick google turns up that passing variables i possible and well documented using GET and POST by the looks of it.
>
> [http://forums.adobe….4211684#4211684](http://forums.adobe.com/message/4211684#4211684)
>
> so you could set your PHP script up to pass the user and pass to the swf based off your CMS login, then have the flash player pass thoe as the login details.

Oh, I didn't think that you would implement it, I just wanted to know if that was a good way to go since you clearly knows flash/as2 better then I do, thanks!

This looks really nice ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png). Love all the extra's and layout,but can someone tell me how i can put new images for sprites,tilesets and stuff in here? Or am i not alloud to do that?

> This looks really nice ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png). Love all the extra's and layout,but can someone tell me how i can put new images for sprites,tilesets and stuff in here? Or am i not alloud to do that?

Hi Ripper,

New images for sprites / tilesets etc must be swapped out for the existing assets in the flash file.

Currently the release version available (v3.0.0) is just a compiled .exe as im still fine tuning a few things ready for release of the first official ource code version.

When the .fla is available again you will be able to simply open open it up using Adobe Flash, find the asset in the library and update its location through the right click menu to point it at your alternative sprite / tiles / etc.

i want you use this but it needs a quest system and im to lazy to try to add one lol. Looks amazing so far

whats version of flash do you need

i have cs3 cs5.5 and cs6 but i prefer cs3 does it work with it

will there be an open source client any time soon

> Why do the character/options/spellbook not work?
>
> Also, I cant find any way to change the client files. (aka edit the swf)

to answer the first question : because i havent finished programming them yet.

To answer the second question: Currently the release version available (v3.0.0) is just a compiled .exe as im still fine tuning a few things ready for release of the first official source code version.

> i want you use this but it needs a quest system and im to lazy to try to add one lol. Looks amazing so far
>
> whats version of flash do you need
>
> i have cs3 cs5.5 and cs6 but i prefer cs3 does it work with it
>
> will there be an open source client any time soon

I do have an event system planned on the horizon.

Use CS6 Ideally. I too liked the layout of CS3 much better but all the other parts of the suite I use is now CS6….

Re Open Source client : Currently the release version available (v3.0.0) is just a compiled .exe as im still fine tuning a few things ready for release of the first official source code version.

> This looks really awesome! Thanks alot Baron for sharing this with us. I remember you back in EE/ES era you use to make some pretty amazing scripts like i remember one being a resource/leveling system much like runescape's.

Hehehe, yeah going back a while now that is….. The resource system was all scripting... still have it floating around somewhere. Should post it up with this source maybe. It would work fine with it.

> to answer the first question : because i havent finished programming them yet.
>
> To answer the second question: Currently the release version available (v3.0.0) is just a compiled .exe as im still fine tuning a few things ready for release of the first official source code version.
>
> I do have an event system planned on the horizon.
>
> Use CS6 Ideally. I too liked the layout of CS3 much better but all the other parts of the suite I use is now CS6….
>
> Re Open Source client : Currently the release version available (v3.0.0) is just a compiled .exe as im still fine tuning a few things ready for release of the first official source code version.
>
> Hehehe, yeah going back a while now that is..... The resource system was all scripting... still have it floating around somewhere. Should post it up with this source maybe. It would work fine with it.

Ah, i await there finish. This will definitely be the system i work with.

> Hehehe, yeah going back a while now that is….. The resource system was all scripting... still have it floating around somewhere. Should post it up with this source maybe. It would work fine with it.
>
> Really so this will support sad scripting? If so I will marry you lol. I'm not really much of a programmer myself but sad scripting let even me make some features it was much easier to understand.

> I would love to have sad script in an engine, and I would love for that to be FLASH!!!
>
> BTW, would it theoretically be possible to have a flash AND vb6 client connect to the SAME server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> –Matt

Yea it's possible, but why would you?

> I would love to have sad script in an engine, and I would love for that to be FLASH!!!
>
> BTW, would it theoretically be possible to have a flash AND vb6 client connect to the SAME server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> –Matt

This is how I developed the flash client in parallel to the older VB6 client. Just set it up to output what packets passed back and forwards and why, then redid the same in flash. There is a standard vb6 client alongside in the dev files even still, but the changes ive made specifically for flash mean she runs *terribly* / not at all now. But it is entirely possible to have a vb6 client and a flash client, but that would be retarded as you would then be supporting two builds of client. I'd be much more inclined to port the code over to an android app and deploy it for mobile devices if I was going to do this.

The engine inherently has sadscript ( Sorry to rain on your parade Spectre) as it is based on the final version of EE that I released back in the day with TheYellowMole and unnown.

Long term however it is **VERY LIKELY** that the event engine I have planned will supersede sadscripts as it would handle the same functionality just as well but in a visual manner and at full speed without any interpretation speed issues (which is why most the people who "hate" on sadscript do so, its slow and prone to code errors due to lack of checking prior to runtime).

> Baron, I was only wondering if it was possible, I have no intention of using both. I had also considered making an android app and, even though flash is no longer natively supported, you can use the adobe air repackager for it (I think).

Sorry, didnt mean to sound offended if I did, was just stating the way things currently are. I dont think anybody would have intention of using a vb6 client if there was alternatives available….

I've done some dev work for Android through flash before, it's quite straight forward.