Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[OPEN SOURCE] Flash Eclipse

Baron

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> So it means the client it's flash, so it can be uploaded and played on browsers?

yes.

> So I edit the game?,. The source of the game is. Exe as Baron Thank edit! excellent job

The source is coming shortly. Last night I just wanted to get something out that was playable for people to fiddle with

> Help Error source
>
> ![](http://g1303.hizliresim.com/17/9/kwxdj.png)

There is no useful information here. As far as I am aware the serve rno longer had major dependencies like this. If you had allowed it to show what it was refernecing I could have done something with that.

Looks awesome so far Baron. Once you get the source out I hope someone continues this on and updates it to keep this version going. Like General, I'm not a huge fan of Flash, but at least this gives more options for Eclipse users and people can make web based clients now.

> Looks awesome so far Baron. Once you get the source out I hope someone continues this on and updates it to keep this version going. Like General, I'm not a huge fan of Flash, but at least this gives more options for Eclipse users and people can make web based clients now.

I still don't get why people hate flash so much. Its performance heavy sure, but its a 2d game we're making, not a 3d monstrousity.

> Oh hey it's like the only other Aussie around here. I remember this thing. Killing many ghosts for great justice (okay. Great doubloons).
>
> I have nothing against flash but I don't plan to learn it, still, awesome contribution.

Actionscript is quite an easy one to pick up. If you can code in VB6 you'll be fine with as2

it keeps erroring on loading classes, saying "file not found" and its always the class ini's. I copied an pasted up to class6 but it then searches for class7, if i put class7 in it will try and load class8

if i dim "FileExists = (GetAttr(App.Path & "\" & FileName) And vbDirectory) = 0" out i can bypass it then undim it, but when i try and load into the game its file not found same line filename = "accounts\aaaaaa\playermap_1.dat" its not there

> it keeps erroring on loading classes, saying "file not found" and its always the class ini's. I copied an pasted up to class6 but it then searches for class7, if i put class7 in it will try and load class8

Are you using the 3.0.0 download? I've just run that up no problems at

[http://www.stripedelephants.com/GAMEZ/Destiny_v15.html](http://www.stripedelephants.com/GAMEZ/Destiny_v15.html)

Yeah, i had to remove the reference to the jet byte in order to stop it erroring on "Chr$", it then loaded up until the loading classes it then seems to be stuck in a loop of loading class+1

this is what i have tried:

making 7 classes0-7 just asks for the next one over and over

i dimmed "FileExists = (GetAttr(App.Path & "\" & FileName) And vbDirectory) = 0" out, then it loads until the experience,

then Overflows on "Call PutVar(App.Path & "\Experience.ini", "EXPERIENCE", "Exp" & I, I * 1500)" (i = 22, not sure why its erroring here)

i dimmed that line out and it overflows on " temp = I / MAX_CLASSES * 100" i = 0 max classes = 0

i dim that and the server loads (finally!) and proceed to load client and make an account BINGO! Client 1 sent: newaccounthhhhhhhhhhhNOMAIL - check 1 on server and client side verified it with message

Had to go back and un dim the "FileExists = (GetAttr(App.Path & "\" & FileName) And vbDirectory) = 0" for me to be able to login and i proceed to login

i click create and make a char i click Play and bam file not found, i hover over Filename on the line above and playermap_1.dat

i dimmed out the fileexist line and the game load, the playermap_1.dat is created and_2 _3 _4 are also created

> Yeah, i had to remove the reference to the jet byte in order to stop it erroring on "Chr$", it then loaded up until the loading classes it then seems to be stuck in a loop of loading class+1
>
> this is what i have tried:
>
> making 7 classes0-7 just asks for the next one over and over
>
> i dimmed "FileExists = (GetAttr(App.Path & "\" & FileName) And vbDirectory) = 0" out, then it loads until the experience,
>
> then Overflows on "Call PutVar(App.Path & "\Experience.ini", "EXPERIENCE", "Exp" & I, I * 1500)" (i = 22, not sure why its erroring here)
>
> i dimmed that line out and it overflows on " temp = I / MAX_CLASSES * 100" i = 0 max classes = 0
>
> i dim that and the server loads (finally!) and proceed to load client and make an account BINGO! Client 1 sent: newaccounthhhhhhhhhhhNOMAIL - check 1 on server and client side verified it with message
>
> Had to go back and un dim the "FileExists = (GetAttr(App.Path & "\" & FileName) And vbDirectory) = 0" for me to be able to login and i proceed to login
>
> i click create and make a char i click Play and bam file not found, i hover over Filename on the line above and playermap_1.dat
>
> i dimmed out the fileexist line and the game load, the playermap_1.dat is created and_2 _3 _4 are also created

I'm not sure what you have done here man. Chr$(0) is a native VB6 operator, not one from a dependency.

The Jetbyte library is completely removed and superseded as i rolled it back to Winsock operations same as EO.

The playermaps shouldn't be causing issues because they are jsut copies of existing map files already created.

> I still don't get why people hate flash so much. Its performance heavy sure, but its a 2d game we're making, not a 3d monstrousity.

Ya, I know there really isn't any problem with Flash, I just personally don't really like it. I like it a lot more then vb6 though lol..

Can't wait till the source is released to start working on some stuff for this engine. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> Ya, I know there really isn't any problem with Flash, I just personally don't really like it. I like it a lot more then vb6 though lol..
>
> Can't wait till the source is released to start working on some stuff for this engine. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Yeah right now im thinking I might wait until a couple more of the already serverside features are implemented clientside so that we don't have divergence starting at an unfinished base engine.

I'll put some work into it over the next couple weeks, get it up to speed, I'll make time for it.

Looks great in game, Baron! Thanks for taking time to work on the bugs.

I have a question though, since you can put this on a website, it would be awesome to merge this with a login database on a website (cms), is this easy to make? I wouldn't mind if the character information saves on the server, but you had to log on the website in order to play.

> Looks great in game, Baron! Thanks for taking time to work on the bugs.
>
> I have a question though, since you can put this on a website, it would be awesome to merge this with a login database on a website (cms), is this easy to make? I wouldn't mind if the character information saves on the server, but you had to log on the website in order to play.

Honestly it shouldn't be that hard but I am not the greatest website developer in that regard. Anyone who is handy at php and xmlsocket connections shouldn't have an issue sending / retrieving info from the server, particularly if some server side coding was done to support it.

I am personally unlikely to add standard hookups for the same because I have always had the mindset with the rollout that the file would end up on "hostile" servers, that either dont care or dont want to do non standard setups to make flash files run. If it was being rolled out to your own website that you controlled then a hook to a CMS system should be fairly straightforward to setup for somebody in the know.