Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robin's Discount Programming!

Robin

I don't think I made it definite. I'm asking for some crazy stuff, and I personally don't have the time to sit for months or years to learn a nearly dead programing language. Personally I'd rather pay him and have a game that ends up looking good and is actually fun to play. If it costs me money then by all means I've got it to spare. I've spent 500$ in 4 hours, I'm good to spend a couple hundred over the next few months.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Warconn:

> hmm well i am possibly thinking about the independant animation, and the tradeskills, but i have some questions.  For the independant animation, would that be something like attack, or is it just for spells and effects…  And for the tradeskills, would you be able to show me once you are done how to add the secondary skills such as refining the ore, or widdling the wood.

As I said, independent animations is just a function  you call using 1 line of code in the server. If you want to use it for attacking, spells or whatever, go ahead ;D

If you want to make secondary tradeskills, go ahead, but I'm not gonna teach you, sorry.

@DrNova:

> Might only show when you hover over the item, that its stacked.  **Or he just didnt have stackable items in the pic**? Dunno

@Robin:

> **Visual Bank w/ Proper Stacking**
>
> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/bank.png)
>
> Every game needs some sort of storage. This system is something I made for myself. A simple bank. It's completely visual, and **_since_** this screenshot was taken I also added in item stacking, so you can store 5, 10 or even 50 Big Fire Swords all in one slot. Something like this is _needed_ for a complete and professional feeling game. Also, each bank is stored separate to the player's account file. I'll add this in for just €12 (£10/$15).
>
> I'll be adding many more features available for purchase in the future.
>
> Anyone interested in purchasing a system, please add me on MSN/Gtalk:
>
> [email protected]
> [email protected]
>
> When you do, send me a PM first, telling me which email address you're adding me on.
>
> Please note that some of these features contain code which I personally didn't create. I am _not_ selling these parts of the systems, I am simply offering to add these into your source code, along with my own code, for a small fee. By doing so, I am able to give you my assurance that the system will work. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
This seems like almost a necro post, but wow, this is Ducking pathetic, people are so high on themselves these days especially the programmers, you guys flaunting all around like you know some knowledge that people couldn't learn in three days of determination and research

Jesus Robin could you blow your horn any louder? all this shit, is easy junk. You guys didn't tap some kind of vast pit of knowledge. I may have had my coc-ky moments, but the whole time I started my engine up I didn't make a forum that said "Spainion made it… so it must own" or something retarded like that.

Give me a break man, don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to say you suck or anything, but everything you post and say just seems like it’s coming from some greedy bastard that thinks he is a god compare to everyone else. Your slogans, your posts here and there about how "I don't feel like doing this..." so I'll just quit, like on Essense.

News to everyone: Spodi is the only real programmer who made something revolutionary, long before any of you people learned how to piss around in directX8 go ahead and trash it but his shit and trash me for saying that but that’s the damn fact here. Right now, Simius is making Eclipse what it should be and also accomplishing the same thing.

Before you go to blast me, I never put myself on a pedestal here but proof:
"There are plenty of people out there releasing "tradeskill" tutorials. They're all very poorly done, most of them not working. I decided to make my own, more advanced system which worked perfectly"
Alright so I guess everyone who developed that sucks? learn to write diplomatically asshole.

"Although it was very popular, I eventually shut it down due to the pixel artists doing bugger-all and the community growing into one merged goblet of retards."
You know generally when everyone else is the problem you are the problem.
Oh and… if anyone saw his site slogan.

You know I just sat at the sidelines for a long time, and good for you you’re selling your shit, whatever, it’s not that that insults me. It’s that fact that you treat everyone else like they are the dirt you walk on… and yes guys, if you wait then most likely will come in 3.0 and if it doesn’t you could take a couple hours out of your busy lives to learn/have almost everything on here.

_Oh and since you have nothing on me, don’t go burning my shit, Im attacking your character not your skill… but by all means, I’m up for a good argument. **In advance:**_

*Quote all your bullshit about what I posted*
“So next time if you're going to try and own someone, aim it at someone who can’t spot a fvcking prick when he sees one” (Half of a quote from something you said to someone earlier)

I have to post a QFE here.

Robin is a little turd. There is no better description.

I could go on and on but Spanion said it too well. I have seen robin on all the boards, acting the same way and for what? his google skills? this is Visual Basic, not rocket science.

Its called Basic for a reason.

Holy hell… I think spainion ripped robin a new ass hole O.o personally I think charging for things like this is a little absurd, I wrote a source edit for an action bar system instead of a memorize then cast system and IMO that's more useful than half the things in your thread and I released it for free.

I will admit the completely custom sprite size is unique so far, however they are right in saying that it will be released in 3.0 for free...

Anyways, I personally think Unnown is considerably more talented at source editing than what's on this thread and he does it for free as well.

Not saying you shouldn't charge. Just saying I personally think it's ridiculous. No offense to you.

Wow, Spainon you have so much anger! How can you spend so much time writing such a post because of how someone acts on the internet?

Let me repeat that; the internet.

When I'm on the internet, I don't sit down with the 'Post Reply' window open trying to think of how to tell someone that the picture they drew, the program they scripted or the story they wrote is rubbish without insulting them. I give my honest opinion on things.

As for the prices, you're acting as if I've just come out of the blue selling these things. I haven't. I've been selling features like this for ages. It's only after people requested a list of the different features I'll do that I created this thread in the first place.

The rest of you post is kind of convoluted. I managed to salvage those few points, but all I can really get from the rest is;

"TYLER ROCKS AND ROBIN SUCKS LOLOLOL"

I didn't realise I was supposed to be making something like vbGore… or even competing with Tyler. I don't remember ever saying anything bad about Tyler's engine, or ever doing anything to try to undermine the power of vbGore.

@Devogen:

> And I'm sure robin told you that himself. Legalities aside, this topic should be locked.

Told him what? That my sources are good? Lets look around the Eclipse forums. Go ahead, do a search of my posts. Try and find a single one where I say 'Essence is good.' Anything along those lines. As for the slogan, it wasn't made by me. When thinking of a slogan, Harry said 'How about just, Robin made it so it's gotta be good'. I asked ZoSo about it, and he added the little smily to the end.

There you have it. The creation of a tongue-in-cheek slogan. I think you should stop making a fool of yourself by getting so worked up over a fun little project I do in my free time. Go out with some friends, have a few drinks and have fun. I'm not on the internet to be in all this drama. I'm here to have fun ;D

Some of you might disagree with his prices, but from what I've seen, there has been quite a few happy customers that payed for Robin's services. Reasons include not able to program themselves, nor able to find an engine at the time to fulfill their needs.

As for the ego issues, I really don't want to get in the middle of this. But, I really don't want to see you guys fighting. I do like you both, and I don't want to take sides, but please; can we drop this and get over it? Plus I'm a moderator. I should be dis encouraging it.