Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robin's Discount Programming!

Robin

Robin's Discount Programming

I'm offering to program some set features into your engine for a discounted price. Why the discount? I've programmed these features so many times, it'll take a lot less time for me to program them in compared to features with custom specifications. Because of this, you get a cheaper price and I don't have to get too many headaches from request for 3D ray tracing and shit :P

Here's some personal information; My name's Robin. I live in Yorkshire, in the UK. I've been around Mirage & all it's off-spring for the past 5 years of my life, and I've had a fairly heavy influence, I've been told xD I'm an Administrator on Mirage & OGCore, and a Developer on Eclipse. For 3 years I was head of the most publicly known Mirage-based game around. NarutoRealm. NarutoRealm was one of the first games to boast alpha blending and advanced combat, allowing players to have many different attacks, including kicking, punching and weapon mastery. Although it was very popular, I eventually shut it down due to the pixel artists doing bugger-all and the community growing into one merged globlet of retardism. For as long as I can remember I've been working on fairly big features, but as well as that I've always had an eye for detail, and I've spent far too much of my life carefully sorting out my GUIs to work seamlessly. Because of that, I've made quite a name for my self on quite a few forums as being very good at what I do. Currently I'm working on Winds Whisper, Nin Online and Crystal Harvest. Three very different games, but all rewarding.

Now, here are the set features I'm willing to program. I'll be adding new ones all the time, so keep checking back. Here we go.

**Alpha Blending**

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/alphablending.png)

Who doesn't want some nice alpha blended… stuff in their game? Well, with this little beauty you can finally have it. For just €22 (£17/$28) I'll program it in for you.

**Scrolling News w/ Fadein and Fadeout**

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/scroll.png)

Ever wanted a professional looking news system in your main menu? I did, so I created this. It's a normal picture box which loads your news from an external file then scrolls it through, fading in at the bottom, and fading out at the top. It takes the colours directly from the picturebox's properties, and can even handle image backgrounds. I'll add this in for only €12 (£10/$15)! A small price to pay for giving your first-time players a fantastic first-impression!

**Custom Music Player**

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/musicplayer.png)

This searches through a specific folder, and lists all the music found in it. The player can then go through this list of music in-game and play it at will. This is mainly there for full-screen games so players don't have to keep alt-tabbing out to change their music. I'm afraid I can't do this until I sort out a few issues with the music playing system I'm currently using. I'll be able to supply you with this system once I'm 100% sure it'll be perfect for you.

**Independent Animations**

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/welcome.png)

This is a mostly client-based system which allows the server to create absolutely independent animations anywhere on a certain map. Say you want an animation played when a player levels up? Easy. How about when a player finishes harvesting a resource, using my tradeskill system? Easy. You can play an animation anywhere on the map, for spells, levels and all sorts of other random shit you have in your game. I'll add this into your server, and give you a few examples of the syntax for creating your very own animations for just €10 (£7/$12).

**Tradeskills**

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/test-1.png)

There are plenty of people out there releasing "tradeskill" tutorials. They're all very poorly done, most of them not working. I decided to make my own, more advanced system which worked perfectly. This sexy system includes random chance 'harvest' (Meaning you can set the chance of a player being able to 'harvest' a resource spot) and also allows graphics for both the states of the resource. Normal & Harvested. It's a fantastic system, if I do say so myself, and more of my more popular features. As you can see, it'll keep people occupied on your game, as it does on mine. It doesn't have to just be woodcutting either. I'll program in mining, fishing, any type of skill that is based around collecting a resource. I won't program in smithing or 'second level' tradeskills like that. This is just raw resource gathering. I'll do it for just €12 (£10/$15) per skill, too.

**Different sized sprites**

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Robin.png)

Ever get tired of being limited by the silly restrictions in your engine? Ever wanted a huge 200x200 boss, but don't want to mess around in your code to make it possible? This little system allows each and every sprite to have a _custom_ size. It does everything for you. It'll load up the sprite's image file, take the dimensions of the image then calculate the width and height of each frame automatically. Then, when rendering the sprite it'll centralise it properly, change the location of the npc/player's name to make sure it doesn't overlap and it does all this in _one small subroutine_. It doesn't use the ugly BltPlayerTop or any of that crap. In the main loop, it'll render the sprites based on their Y-position on the map, effectively halving the rendering time per sprite. Clever, eh? You can have this for just €20 (£16/$25)!

**Visual Bank w/ Proper Stacking**

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/bank.png)

Every game needs some sort of storage. This system is something I made for myself. A simple bank. It's completely visual, and since this screenshot was taken I also added in item stacking, so you can store 5, 10 or even 50 Big Fire Swords all in one slot. Something like this is _needed_ for a complete and professional feeling game. Also, each bank is stored separate to the player's account file. I'll add this in for just €12 (£10/$15).

I'll be adding many more features available for purchase in the future.

Anyone interested in purchasing a system, please add me on MSN/Gtalk:

[email protected]
[email protected]

When you do, send me a PM first, telling me which email address you're adding me on.

Please note that some of these features contain code which I personally didn't create. I am _not_ selling these parts of the systems, I am simply offering to add these into your source code, along with my own code, for a small fee. By doing so, I am able to give you my assurance that the system will work. Thanks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@The:

> wow. someone must be really desperate to pay you for source edits don't forget lazy. (you'll make a ton of cash off the second one =p). can't they just check the source edit board and get half these source edits without paying?

Thats a dumb assumption.

The most basic awnser is not everyone has VB and wants to illegally download it
*not to mention some people just cant code, dont understand how or where to add snippets, ect*

Dont be ignorant.

@The:

> wow. someone must be really desperate to pay you for source edits don't forget lazy. (you'll make a ton of cash off the second one =p). can't they just check the source edit board and get half these source edits without paying?

Haven't yet seen any alpha blending tutorials or clever sprite rendering tutorials around ;D

Hell, this is the first time I've ever released alpha blending. If you don't want to buy it, don't, but I'm good at what I do, and I can assure you my features are first rate.

I've done work on plenty of games in the past, both paid and unpaid, and all of those games have gained a lot from my skills. I'm not saying I'm the best, but I'm good. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be developer Eclipse right now ;D

@l0lz!:

> Ah, the cupidity of currency right now. Q_Q; Great stuff on sale Robin.

Yeah. $ & £ are Ducked atm. I'm from England, so I usually use £ and $ (Conversion used to be practically £1:$2, now it's £1:$1.7 or something) but I've had to start charging in euros because of the terrible conversion rates. xD

@anasky:

> If the different sized sprites were cheaper, I would defenitely take them :P

Well, I've had a lot of requests for that one already so I'm thinking the price is about right. Keeping in mind you'll be able to future-proof your game against sprite changes, people seem to think it's a good investment. It also clears up the mess past-developers left in their wake.

@DrNova:

> Thats a dumb assumption.
>
> The most basic awnser is not everyone has VB and wants to illegally download it
> *not to mention some people just cant code, dont understand how or where to add snippets, ect*
>
> Dont be ignorant.

i see your point. i think ill be less ignorant next time. i forgot that not everyone has vb6\. lol

@Simius:

> wow, Im doing most of that for Eclipse for free…
> <.<
> >.>
> meh, eclipse is cool. If Robin want to sell programming, w/e. This will cut down on the people asking for 3.0 features in their TE-based game.

I haven't seen any of these features in the latest SVN. You hiding them from the rest of the team? :D

@MrMiguu:

> LOL!![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/bullshit.png)
> http://files.filefront.com/spriteconverterrar/;12162409;/fileinfo.html

Wow, learn to read. That's a sprite converter. My feature allows each sprite to be a different size, meaning sprite1 can be 32x32, sprite2 can be 64x64, sprite3 can be 200x200 and sprite4 can be 134x567\. Whatever you want. Not only does it do that, it removes the BltPlayerTop and renders based on the y-positioning of the player/npc, effectively halving the rendering required. It's not some retarded external application, either.

If you really think I'm going to sell something that's publicly available, you really need to do some research first. All those features listed are ones which people have been wanting for years, and I'm finally offering them. Not only that, but because of my experience and position, I can assure people they're going to get the very best programming.

So next time if you're going to try and own someone, aim it at someone who easily makes mistakes, because I don't.

Thanks,
_Robin_

@Robin:

> I haven't seen any of these features in the latest SVN. You hiding them from the rest of the team? :D

yes. =D
jk no.

**Custom Sized Sprites**

> Sub DrawSprite(ByVal X As Long, ByVal y As Long, _
>     ByVal xOffset As Long, ByVal yOffset As Long, _
>     ByVal SourceX As Long, ByVal SourceY As Long, _
>     ByVal color As Long, _
>     ByVal SpriteSheet As String, _
>     **Optional ByVal OverrideW As Long = 0, Optional ByVal OverrideH As Long = 0**, _
>     **Optional ByVal SizeX As Long = 0, Optional ByVal SizeY As Long = 0**)

overrideh & overridew will use custom sizes if set to a number greater than 0\. SizeX and SizeY are scale factors.

**AlphaBlending**

> Function ARGB(**ByVal A As Integer**, ByVal R As Integer, ByVal G As Integer, ByVal B As Integer) As Long

> Sub initDX(Optional ByVal Override_HWND As Long = -1, **Optional ByVal NoAlpha As Boolean = False**)

hmm, yeah. there's alpha. Just use layered windows for chatbox.