Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the average age of people using Eclipse?

StingRay200

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 15 years old and I could write a lot of books just about programming and scripting.

I'm experienced with **generally (= I use these languages a lot)**: Intel Assembly (AT&T/Intel-syntax), Amiga Assembly, Zilog 80 Assembly, C, C++, BASIC (and the sub-languages like: Visual Basic, AmigaBasic, etc.), [X]HTML (W3C), CSS (W3C), Javascript, PHP (4 & 5), VBS, etc.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Umm I got a question. Isn't the law for using some of the Internet type like Forums s 13+ or 13- with Parent Permission and send the files to the Owner of the site? Becuase I was required to do that when I signed up for E-mail and use/buy the Web Hosting/VPS.

Rithy

well, as encouragement for the young members of eclipse, I started out doing websites and stuff like that at age 10-11\. my very first website I made in 4th grade and can be found here: http://maxpages.com/nickslinks

I am almost ashamed because of how bad it is but, if you have seen my current work, you know that it is way better. I just hope to tell you that although people may make fun of you because of your age (me being one of them, sorry), you still have plenty of time to improve so age doesn't really matter. what really maters is how devoted you are to your work, because you will improve no matter what.

I started to focus and study HTML and CSS when I'm around 6-8\. 2 of my cousin that visited me know a lot about Computer although they got Master Degree at Math. I'm also good with Math. And when I'm 10 Years old(6th grade, new school) I enter my school website contest. All the kids used the Web Maker some company sponser my school, and lol I used Notepad and Paint. I won the contest. And then I was asked to make the school website and I did stoklosa.org . Now I'm in 8th Grade and no one ever did what I did they used the Web Maker. So the teacher made the new website and post all the websites that is good on a page on the website.

So don't worry about your age. Young or Old, Male, or Female, we can all do these stuff. My uncle is like 65s and he can still do HTML! He forget some of the command but he still remember the Hello World! lol.

lol, I built a fucking robot when I was 8 and it was fucking awesome. What it did was basically just navigate around the room and it was slow. I used a copy of microbasic or something. lol, I shorted out so many chips.

lol, amazingly I did not win the "Technology Expert" award in Middle School. The award was so biased, all the winner did was set up the Yearbook DVD. When this girl received the award, everyone in the graduating class looked at me with a confused stare.

@AdrianC:

> There is no "law". There are rules set by the site owners, to protect themselves.

Actually, there is a "law" governened by the Federal Agency called the 'Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998' which describes the legal issues of an operator or a site collecting personal information from users under the age of 13\.

Official documenttation:

http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm

Yep, I just read that too. But who care, Our Community is the greatest community ever! There's no one here want to kid nap kids. We all here to enjoy the Open Source Project and have some fun.

Btw Chief, What are you talking about? I barely used wrong spelling or grammar. Only once in a while. And no the website is not my work. They changed over time. Mine was 3 years a go >.>