Find results in...

Lets make a tileset!

AdrianC

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here's what's wrong with it.

The palette has no contrast. You can barely see the little circles on the wall. Also, what are the little circles on the wall meant to be? :\

You're using very few colours. Four colours aren't enough to make something look good, even when it's so small. As well as that the different colours look exactly the same when you zoom out. The roof is just random lines. There's no texture at all, same with the… window? in the top left.

Most of it has no actual shading, just random colour placements, and where you _have_ added shading it's just nonsensical pillow shading.

The house looks more like a piece of toast, I have no idea what's in the top left, the signs don't look like signs and there's a… balloon and frog's head? :x

If you want to give pixel art away, that's fine, but at least make something that actually _looks_ like something first.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm reserecting this article. I think with the new EO version some people might be intrested in making a game with custom graphics. In fact im going to start doing all my EO testing with these graphics.

• 4 weeks later...