Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First day of High School

demon xxx x

Wow, it was actually.. fun.. o.o

Every story I heard about the school, it's all BS.. because I made an ass of friends in 1 day..

xD It was just, fun.  I've also decided not to cut tomorrow.  Haha, btw, THE CLASS LEARNS NOTHING!!!!! Everyone just talks and curses, it's too fun!!!

xD No, I'm actually learning, they gave me a worksheet of all the work I missed and I've got to work on it daily.

[No School on Monday(MLK Jr. Day) OR Tuesday(Obama Inauguration)]

I'll let you know how today goes.

19 over here in the states isn't old enough to drink. You have to be 21\. I think it's a little screw up. 18 to die for your country 21 to have an alcoholic beverage. I'm past highschool too. I'm also 19 and college is the good life.

High School isn't really any different from other schools. The only thing that might be different is your path to university or college; these paths hold much stricter examinations than before.

Even university isn't that much different. You sit in a lecture hall or classroom, read an overpriced book, and listen to a professional talk about their subject in detail and how you can utilize it in the future.

Anna is right, schooling doesn't change much from country to country. The only difference is how strict they are. Japanese student's who get rejected in japan often come to the states because our standards are so much lower. Honestly I feel bad that our standards are so low.

@kerii:

> I wish I was that smart… I'm too ADD to be though.

I've got ADD.. o.O I'm learning C++, pretty fucking fast, and I'm doing great in school…

Science: Didn't know wtf to do, and taught myself based off of little examples in the text, or the question itself, and I got 100 + bonus points lol.. I helped like 4 people cheat and made new friends XD

My problem is that I tend to get distracted and wonder off. Like when I'm doing math I tend to bomb my tests but I do everything write on the homework. Also I'm good with the complex theories we have to learn, but I suck at doing it on paper. I always mess up and make a lot of minor mistakes. I'm getting better, but I have to right really big and really slow so I don't make careless errors. it's been helping me a lot. It does take me a lot longer to do it though.

my high school is fucking hard.
schedule is as follows:
Varsity band
mathematical independent study
P-ib French 1
p-ib world history integrated with world geography
p-ib theater (very difficult)
p-ib physics (very difficult)
p-ib english
p-ib biology (very difficult)
Computer Science 2 at Midwestern State University

And this is my freshman year…

That's the smart people group if I ever knew one. I could have been in classes like that, but What intelligence I do have was never nurtured at a young age I've become as stupid(I misuse my knowledge, I don't lack it because that's ignorance) as the rest of the kids my age in the U.S.

For me my freshman year was ok skipping alot failed alot….Im actually really smart im just not  motivated.  But when I went to summer school I got the highest grades out of 200  people I got 3 credits in 1 week ^^ I just wanted to get out of there.  Now im in year 2 and I stoped skipping I just sleep in class and get yelled at alot and things thrown at me.

@(~~):

> For me my freshman year was ok skipping alot failed alot….Im actually really smart im just not  motivated.  But when I went to summer school I got the highest grades out of 200  people I got 3 credits in 1 week ^^ I just wanted to get out of there.  Now im in year 2 and I stoped skipping I just sleep in class and get yelled at alot and things thrown at me.

xD I go to the potentially "worst" school in Philly..

It's better than my old, no one messes with me.. they like me lol.

Okay, personally I have to get this off my chest. High school is no different than any other school level. You arrive there via bus, car or legs. Then you sit in classrooms and learn. You eat and go back to learning. Finally you go home and work your ass off on homework. Personally, I don't see the big thing about High School. In all honesty, I think most high schools are just over run by hooligans who would rather harass an intellectual (meaning the teacher) instead of actually put their minds to some use. I mean my god, no wonder we only use 10% of our brain power.

- Adulese

PS: Good to hear you like it though. Just try to stay on the administrations good side, yeah?

@Teh:

> Okay, personally I have to get this off my chest. High school is no different than any other school level. You arrive there via bus, car or legs. Then you sit in classrooms and learn. You eat and go back to learning. Finally you go home and work your ass off on homework. Personally, I don't see the big thing about High School. In all honesty, I think most high schools are just over run by hooligans who would rather harass an intellectual (meaning the teacher) instead of actually put their minds to some use. I mean my god, no wonder we only use 10% of our brain power.
>
> - Adulese
>
> PS: Good to hear you like it though. Just try to stay on the administrations good side, yeah?

Correction, 1%-5%.
Einstein only had 10%.