Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What brought you to eclipse?

Hippoman789

It was awhile ago, but it was after PiffyRO died and Gwen lost her job and I wasn't in touch with her very much. I liked working on PiffyRO and was wondering if there was any free MMO engines to do stuff with; so yeah Google search found Eclipse.

Was near the end of the green forums, and Total Eclipse was the big thing. I liked it, it seemed like it had potential, so I was messing around with it. Obviously I wound up sticking around.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I used to play a game made with this engine, it died ages ago and recently i thought about making one myself or rather getting on board with someone else who had some ideas already (i tried the "ill think some stuff up now you guys make it" method once before, it didn't work ;) )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Well,actually I came here before,like back in 2009(lol remember Anna?I made that Pokemon Ice storm online thread in the active games and you locked it.I was shadowchris14).I came here,but I came to the website to take the client and develop it on another game.End of sotry ;D.

• 4 weeks later...
I got pissed at Jagex for messing up Runescape and said, "Fine Juckex, I'll make my own game where the power is the players!" So I go on google and find a 3d MMO maker and I was like, "OMG! that would 1\. kill my pockets 2\. I have no idea how to use that thing." So I look for a 2D MMO maker and boom Eclipse! Of course I did not know how to use Eclipse so I got on the forums, my best idea ever.

Now two years later Elazar is coming along nicely, and I know what I want to do for a living.

@Sir:

> I got pissed at Jagex for messing up Runescape and said, "Fine Juckex, I'll make my own game where the power is the players!" So I go on google and find a 3d MMO maker and I was like, "OMG! that would 1\. kill my pockets 2\. I have no idea how to use that thing." So I look for a 2D MMO maker and boom Eclipse! Of course I did not know how to use Eclipse so I got on the forums, my best idea ever.
>
> Now two years later Elazar is coming along nicely, and I know what I want to do for a living.

That's the exact same way I found Eclipse! The only difference is my game is not coming along very nicely.  :sad:

@[PIERATE:

> uh-nig-muh-xâ„¢ link=topic=38546.msg625032#msg625032 date=1270603683]
>
>   I came here because they said this was a hot chick hangout… and well I haven't seen any yet, that ad lied :(

Mean. :icon_crap:

Anyway, I can't remember why.. I came on here back in the fugly green eyesore free forums days.. Good times :P Probably boredom and the will to learn I guess.

me… i have no idea whatsoever. i think that my attempt at a portal to the distortion world warped me here and im like 'cool an MMOrpg maker i so know the difference between rpgs and mmorpgs this is awesome i'll do this instead of rpg maker 2003!'

Lol I came here before. I went to my friend with a idea for a game and he directed me to here. Now I didn't actually join the community, I just took the engine and left with only mapping skills. Then I decided to advertise my game here (Anna remembers, it wAs called pokemon ice storm online).

@[Cake:

> Guacamole link=topic=38546.msg650185#msg650185 date=1276716689]
> @Sir:
>
> > I got pissed at Jagex for messing up Runescape and said, "Fine Juckex, I'll make my own game where the power is the players!" So I go on google and find a 3d MMO maker and I was like, "OMG! that would 1\. kill my pockets 2\. I have no idea how to use that thing." So I look for a 2D MMO maker and boom Eclipse! Of course I did not know how to use Eclipse so I got on the forums, my best idea ever.
> >
> > Now two years later Elazar is coming along nicely, and I know what I want to do for a living.
>
> That's the exact same way I found Eclipse! The only difference is my game is not coming along very nicely.  :sad:

Maybe I could give you a hand? Just let me know what problems you are having and I'll try by best.

• 3 weeks later...