Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What brought you to eclipse?

Hippoman789

i was playing a game made by elysuim. but i got so good (like lvl 100+) that i got bored. i had a house, a custom sprite, and lots of other amazingly epic shit. Then, out of nowhere, he scrapped the game, making a third version. and that sucked. so i looked in the credits and i saw elysuim. i did it for a while but then i got bored and google  searched 'mmorpg maker' and found eclipse.

Thankfully, he learned to get good with some other languages. he's programming an iPhone app and also writing programs with java. He's like NJ's version of Goddie!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About five years ago … I searched up free mmorpg maker because I got sick of runescape.
It brought me to a mmorpg maker called Century, which ironically I didn't know was based off of mirage and sucked. I was like OMG THIS IS T3H S3X.

About a year later I said, hmm. I'm going to try finding that game maker I found awhile ago ... So I googled random crap and found the green forums and Eclipse 3.9 and was like OMG TIS IS MOAR THAN SECKS (I think)

Now I wanna write up an epic post like Robin/Kreator did. D:

I was playing runescape and got pissted about the member thing so I decied to make my own mmorpg that was free so i went to google and googled free mmorpg maker and found a mmo maker so i downloded it and it dident work on my computer so i googled it again and found 5 on the sme page rhat i had to pay for then i google again and found eclpse.

I found it out of boredom. I was SOOOO bored. i was just typing things in on google… i typed in MMORPG and when through the stuffs and saw eclipse freemmorpgmaker and i was like, "Hey, that sounds.... NOT BORING! :)" And when i downloaded it i was screaming at my brother to come look. XD Ahhh, i remeber when the forum looked like the normal website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have been on eclipse since the orange website. But I never joined the forum, or used the software. For some reason I just stared at it, then left, and three years later I coincidently ran into again and joined.

• 3 weeks later...
When I was younger, I always wanted to make a MMORPG, and two years ago, was my first attempt.

First I tried that Xtremeworlds. I hated it.

Then I went to eclipse, but I saw all that Data.ini stuff and I freaked.
Two years later, I tried the Xtremeshit again, still hated it.
However, I decided to take my chances with Data.ini this time, and I understood a bit. Then I failed epicly a few miniutes later.
Thats how I got to the fourms.

Well i first found game maker around 3 years ago got really good at it learnt gml then i wanted to make an online game it worked but it was soo slow then i typed in free mmorpg maker on google and found eclipse started using it 2 years ago then found the forums a year ago.

Hmm well out of all of the rpg makers I saw on google this one seemed the most promising, plus it is old school so I really like that. One of my friends had originally told me about it, but I was like meh IDK, but now that I have it I'm glad I am using it. Plus now when we have another game making contest at school I'll totally kick some butt, thanks to all the developers of this kick ass game maker, creds to all of you :)