Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Twilight Movie….

ENIGMAX

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As anyone who knows me is aware, I hate this series rabidly. No, I have not read the books, but I actually intend to, simply so that I can tear it to shreds with surgical precision. We have this movie in at the place I work, and not joking or exaggerating, every time I see it on the shelves I actually cringe unintentionally. I don't think the world would be any worse if someone went back in time and stopped these horrid tomes from ever being written.

I'm sorry, I just had to represent the other side of the Twilight debate.
The RIGHT side.

@Thorn:

> As anyone who knows me is aware, I hate this series rabidly. No, I have not read the books, but I actually intend to, simply so that I can tear it to shreds with surgical precision. We have this movie in at the place I work, and not joking or exaggerating, every time I see it on the shelves I actually cringe unintentionally. I don't think the world would be any worse if someone went back in time and stopped these horrid tomes from ever being written.
>
> I'm sorry, I just had to represent the other side of the Twilight debate.
> The RIGHT side.

If anything, the books being written destroyed the social lives of teens and brainwashed them. It's sickening!

@[Illi:

> Crazy Smurf link=topic=42658.msg429448#msg429448 date=1240080137]
> Exactly. If anything I liked it. But I don't see the hate for it. Cmon there are far worse movies. Such as um… Back me up here I can't remember...

Super Mario Bros.

There is this girl in my school, in my form, who loves Twilight. Seen the movie, read all the books. She sits there going on and on and on and on about TWILIGHT! I just hit myself on the head, hoping I can get out of the nightmare, whether being decleared crazy, or killing myself. By what I have heard off her, I hate the movie. They glitter in the sun? They are super strong and super fast? I mean come on!

Well, they may not be vampires, because apparently they only drink blood now and then, the sun causes them to glitter dramatically, and I've even heard some dire talk of them being visible in mirrors. Also, a vampire is by it's very nature DEAD. meaning that they can't get someone PREGNANT, as apparently happens in the series. When asked about this, the troll that is the author stated that 'she took some inspiration from the Incubus'. Way to go stupid broad, then don't call them vampires since they clearly aren't.

That aside, at least the story of a beautiful girl falling in love with a tormented and darkly handsome fellow who must stay away from normal civilization is fresh. Actually wait, I think I've heard that before… Something about a Beauty... possibly also a beast? Something about a Beauty and a Beast anyway.

So congratulations pathetic author, you've successfully hopped on a popularity train for something your derivative book doesn't even contain (vampires) and managed to, at the same time, set up countless young girls for heartbreak when that 'dark, quiet boy' doesn't turn out to be madly in love with her, but just wants to get into her 14 year old pants. Renzo would be proud.

@Thorn:

> As I said, I may read the book so that my angry jabs will have that much more accuracy. But see the movie? Really? I'd rather slide naked down a ten foot long greased razor blade, thank you very much.

But you would bother to read a series of horrible books (which would take longer than watching a mildly boring but not horrible movie), just so you would have accurate material to hate on said series? Seems a very big waste of time, you know I would not have heard about this series if it weren't for the people who HATE Twilight… isn't that ironic?