Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azyru:

> Oh ok

I do like the texture you requested. If I do choose to use the scrolling 'cloud scene' I will definitely use it.

[Update]
Finished coding the sliding bars (All bars will appear remotely hidden unless touched with the mouse, then will they slide out in full view).

@ramoneknot:

> mr miggu  that jump feature on old sources is totally free of bugs? i mean we can paste it to e.2.0?

I could come close. I didn't like how I coded the old jump system so that's why I don't want to do that.

Hey Mr.miguu aren't you planning on doing something with c++ later (forgot what it was) anyways looking forward to using this for a game I have planned. Although I want to learn c++ to make a game similar to maple, wonderking, and the other cool 2d mmorpgs.

@zeph77:

> Hey Mr.miguu aren't you planning on doing something with c++ later (forgot what it was) anyways looking forward to using this for a game I have planned. Although I want to learn c++ to make a game similar to maple, wonderking, and the other cool 2d mmorpgs.

I suggest you wait for Eclipse programmed in C by Stephan. That code will be more desirable than anything I could whip up. Plus, C is very close to C++ in terms of syntax.

@MrMiguu:

> I suggest you wait for Eclipse programmed in C by Stephan. That code will be more desirable than anything I could whip up. Plus, C is very close to C++ in terms of syntax.

Ah ok, I want to see the difference from what C can actually do. (totally of topic kinda) In my college in order to take a c++ class they say I need to take a C class, in your opinion do you think its good to learn C first?        Thanks for any reply you can give, Ill still want to definitely try your version though since I see you have an interest in 2d mmorpgs like maple If I'm not mistaken xD.

@zeph77:

> Ah ok, I want to see the difference from what C can actually do. (totally of topic kinda) In my college in order to take a c++ class they say I need to take a C class, in your opinion do you think its good to learn C first?        Thanks for any reply you can give, Ill still want to definitely try your version though since I see you have an interest in 2d mmorpgs like maple If I'm not mistaken xD.

Have you asked your college why taking a course in C is a prerequisite to taking a course in C++? That seems very peculiar to me.

@MrMiguu:

> Have you asked your college why taking a course in C is a prerequisite to taking a course in C++? That seems very peculiar to me.

To be honest I'm not sure, I think Ill have to ask since many people say C and C++ are almost similar. But C++ seems more commonly used in the game industry so.

@Yami:

> Of course not, it's written in an entirely different engine. Use your head for once and stop being redicilous. You'll need to change it to work with the new engine's internal workings.

Yami you cant be arrogant and stupid only coz you are a global moderator

you must have respect with each others

You know, I believe any language can do what you want it to do. But being experienced enough to do it is one thing. I've seen a lot of people say "Oh doing that in VB6 is impossible" and seen many people prove it wrong.

The three C languages are a bit more complicated yes, and maybe could achieve want you want it to do a little easier (perhaps) But, I think any language can do what you want it to do…

@Bloodmorphed:

> You know, I believe any language can do what you want it to do. But being experienced enough to do it is one thing. I've seen a lot of people say "Oh doing that in VB6 is impossible" and seen many people prove it wrong.
>
> The three C languages are a bit more complicated yes, and maybe could achieve want you want it to do a little easier (perhaps) But, I think any language can do what you want it to do…

Please do not say that C# is similar to C or C++. C++ isn't even similar to C. That doesn't mean that I think one is better than the others (although I do), but they're really not similar at all except for syntax.

C# is basically Microsoft's version of C/C++. It's them trying to use the syntax and flexibility of C/C++ with the simplicity and speedy production of BASIC. I wouldn't say something like the '3 C's' since, if anything, it would be the two C's and Microsoft's interpretations.

@Soul:

> Please do not say that C# is similar to C or C++. C++ isn't even similar to C. That doesn't mean that I think one is better than the others (although I do), but they're really not similar at all except for syntax.

I didn't say they were similar nor different.