Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@Jumbofile:

> Ok this happens after spamming the jump button. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szk_hWUsNK4&feature=youtu.be animations stop when you see the ring im hitting ctrl

This happens to me too.
It seems to happen after damaging test a bit. Also it doesn't seem to happen when you're an admin.

**Edit**
When it happens, the NPC test doesn't respond anymore, you can move but attack doesn't work anymore.
when you walk away from the spot where the glitch occurs and make yourself admin, you get warped to the place where the glitch occurred. Your character also responds normally again.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MrMiguu, my char in game, http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1357/orgh.png

My Sprite: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3696/spritea.png

could tell me in what sub do I change the size of the sprites of the players.

Thanks in advance.

@onzinho:
1\. Your sprite format is wrong. Facing-right should be on the left side. Double-over should be the sprites facing left.

2\. FRAMES_WIDTH should be equal to the width of each individual sprite frame.

**Just realized that having larger sprites will force the developer to make their smaller sprites have huge widths. DON'T DO THAT. I will fix it.**

@Jumbofile:

> it didnt stop

By didn't stop, you mean you kept playing around and it never changed back to normal? Did you restart the client and it would continue doing it? The problem fixes itself (I'm pretty sure) if you resync your character's location.

@Jumbofile:

> after i logged in

Does it happen **every single time** after you log in? Consistently? I need specifics. I need to know if it was a one-time-thing or if the engine breaks from the mod being implemented.

@Cristian624:

> **I** installed […]
>
> […] Runtime-error '380 '

That means you probably didn't install it "perfectly" as you say you did. Try running the client/server through the IDE and see if any side-scrolling-oriented lines become highlighted. If so, then it might be my fault.

I'm glad to see that PVO is still being developed. I just rechecked the OP and didn't see anything about new features being added, other then the todo list that is, so I was wondering if any new features are being planned. I know this is a long shot but jc's Event System would be nice *wink wink*. Anyways, keep up the good work Miguu, PVO has come along way.

@Zetasis:
Thanks. I've used his event system. It still has whiffs of bugs scattered about that are hard-to-reach. When it gets to a stage like EO did with 2.0 Beta (where development practically ceases because the product is near-whole), then I will convert. I've wanted to convert PV to other Eclipse engines in the past, but didn't because PV's base code was too sloppily done. This time it wasn't.

As far as new features go, I don't plan on adding anything new, really. I just want to iron out what bugs are left so players can begin serious development.

@rex510:

> good to see someone cares about getting bugs out of the way

Why–you're welcome! I'd rather work with a solid base than a feature-bloated product that's broken from the start.

@Likestodraw:

> Um… Okay seriously, stop spamming, Rex!

I thought it was an appropriate post…

@Likestodraw:

> When was the paralax background added? I don't quite remember that from when I worked with PVO.

It was added in this latest version (1.1.0). It used to be in PV Stable (Post-EclipseEvolution).

@Likestodraw:

> I've seen post after post in the Eclipse project board saying 'good to see someone cares about fixing bugs/custom graphics/GUI/custom code…'

Haha, that's pretty funny.

Yeah–his latest posts kind of repeat things along those lines.

@-Jake-:

> how difficult would you say it'd be to copy the animation system for the player to NPC's?

Either:

**A.** Find attributes of the NPCs' that are already being delivered from the server to the client that signal change in animation. Allow for the NPCs' animations to change via those delivered attributes.
    **B.** Create new packets to be sent to all clients for moments when the NPCs' animations change.

@Jumbofile:

> other times i got to stop but this time i couldnt.

Well, when you couldn't get it to stop, did you try refreshing your position? I don't know what you do exactly to "fix" your characters when they're bugged.

Found a bug:
If you hold down the attack button, all of the animations start acting up. When you walk/run/jump you're stuck in the falling animation. And when you press attack, you're stuck in that animation while you walk/run (but is reset to falling if you jump).

Not sure if it's been reported before, but thanks for reading.

**EDIT:
Ok, for some reason after I cleared the maps, this stopped happening.**

- Jake