Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Update]
1\. Separated the command textbox and the console textbox to create an overall simpler interface.
2\. Found a comfortable object-oriented categorization system for all current code and code for the future.
3\. Created Get_ and Set_ prefixes for every check/change for all properties of every type.

@BugSICK:

> can you post in game screenshot, I think im gonna try this. thanks

Looks exactly like the older versions of EO. Same tile-based collision. If you still want a picture of what it looks like, here it is:

![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/01_New_PV.png)

@BugSICK:

> I click the link, but im not sure which one I will choose in the index.

It's under the older download releases. The latest one is the one I am working on right now (literally right this second).

[Update]
Got commands Cout and Cin to work (similar to console-based programming in C++)

@MrMiguu:

> Looks exactly like the older versions of EO. Same tile-based collision. If you still want a picture of what it looks like, here it is:
>
> >! ![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/01_New_PV.png)

Looking good man. This is like the only topic I check on here anymore (besides helping out in Q&A).
Keep it up. ;)

-Jake

[Update]
Got binary I/O working with server-console commands. You can now customize the server information (version, name, etc.) via the command: **server SET /config** and you can retrieve the current information by the command: **server GET /config**.

A list of commands will be programmed into the server and be viewable by commanded-request (typing **help** in the command-box).

so miguu, when can we expect a release?! you have no idea how bad I am craving to test out your new PV. You could even say 10 years, the suspense is just killing me!  :embarrassed:

Also, are we going to expect something similar to what Robin is trying to do with Origins. We are just going to get a base and we'll have to build off of it? Or do you have something else in mind?  :cheesy:

@AmSamurai:

> so miguu, when can we expect a release?! you have no idea how bad I am craving to test out your new PV. You could even say 10 years, the suspense is just killing me!  :embarrassed:
>
> Also, are we going to expect something similar to what Robin is trying to do with Origins. We are just going to get a base and we'll have to build off of it? Or do you have something else in mind?  :cheesy:

It's literally impossible to give you a release date. Since I'm taking 5 classes this semester and have a female companion, alot of my time has been eaten up.

I didn't want you guys to starve so I decided to quickly remake PVO onto the most recent EO Beta for you guys to use. It won't have the "divide by 0" error and packets won't sufficate the server.

I could see how arrows for Origins don't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand. I can't see successful side-scrolling gameplay without some kind of projectiles. I will attempt to create some sort of system. The game will feature the most basic form of quests (kill x monsters or obtain x amount of this etc item).

@MrMiguu:

> It's literally impossible to give you a release date. Since I'm taking 5 classes this semester and have a female companion, alot of my time has been eaten up.

I hear you there :( Haha sounds like a familiar schedule I know all too well!

Miguu you are too kind on the new release. I thank you very much! This will suffice until you eventually release your project. I assume if we work with the new PVO, we will be able to transfer most of our GFX data over to your PV without much hassle correct?