Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miguu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been examining the engine up and down and I totally LOVE IT! it is basically everything I could ask for in a 2d ss engine!

So far everything checks out! Glad you used the update stable version so the whole magic and speed mix up is fixed!

One minor bug I found (when trying to see what the map limits were) when I finally reached as high as I could, i jumped up to the last "row of tiles" and then I became stuck. I could only walk left or right. I didn't fall back down. I tried putting in a warp, then I walked over it but for some reason the gravity was reversed. (I fell up?) haha. However I edited the map and put a row of "blocks" at the top. and left the space I was standing on open. I put a warp next to me and since I couldn't fall to the the top row because of the block, the gravity was fixed.

Haha sorry for the story, just thought I would report the minor bug. If you want to fix it…cool,
however nothing a row of blocks won't fix!

COULD EVEN BE A USEFUL FEATURE INCASE ADMINS WANT TO TRAVEL FROM MAP TO MAP WITHOUT BEING SEEN BY REGULAR PLAYERS!

Thanks again though for finally converting PV!!!!

@Chakkra:

> Hey Miguu, would you ever consider making a PV out of Origins when it's complete?

Yes.

@Zetasis:

> I may actually use PV if once it is released using ES. I would prefer, with many others, this be re-programmed with Origins once a milestone release is done though. Either way thanks for the great side scrolling engine Mr. Miguu!

It has been released using [ES] already… o-o;

@skevsama:

> Miguu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been examining the engine up and down and I totally LOVE IT! it is basically everything I could ask for in a 2d ss engine!
>
> So far everything checks out! Glad you used the update stable version so the whole magic and speed mix up is fixed!
>
> One minor bug I found (when trying to see what the map limits were) when I finally reached as high as I could, I jumped up to the last "row of tiles" and then I became stuck. I could only walk left or right. I didn't fall back down. I tried putting in a warp, then I walked over it but for some reason the gravity was reversed. (I fell up?) haha. However I edited the map and put a row of "blocks" at the top. and left the space I was standing on open. I put a warp next to me and since I couldn't fall to the the top row because of the block, the gravity was fixed.
>
> Haha sorry for the story, just thought I would report the minor bug. If you want to fix it…cool,
> however nothing a row of blocks won't fix!
>
> COULD EVEN BE A USEFUL FEATURE INCASE ADMINS WANT TO TRAVEL FROM MAP TO MAP WITHOUT BEING SEEN BY REGULAR PLAYERS!
>
> Thanks again though for finally converting PV!!!!

I noticed this bug too. I was mainly trying to find a way to make it so players could jump when at the very bottom of the map. You can fix it by removing the check i added in for MAX_MAPY AND 0.

@Zetasis:

> So if the falling and jumping sprites are frame #2 does that mean that the attack frame is still part of the jumping/falling frame? I'm just curious and I hope that makes sense lol.

Yes. You can change that to suit your sprites though (*cough* vb6 programming and logical algorithms).

@Seaking:

> Can I finally make a side-scrolling mmorpg : 33

Go for it, Linkki-Master.

[UPDATE]
Just finished fixing the NPC AI for the next patch! Now NPCs are even smarter! If you stand on them, they will move to the side and start attacking. If you jump to a pltform on top of the NPC, it will quickly move aside and start owning you.

MIGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! any chance you can create a feature that allows npcs to follow you? (say if you jump to a platform and then just start using spells…(cheating) lol...can you make it so that npcs could possibly jump as well????)  ;)

Im not too crazy about the NPCs jumping. My reasoning is that they initially move slow so if they were to jump, they would basically go in a straight line (up then down). I might consider something down the line. Remember though, this is now and will be OPEN SOURCE, so if you REALLY want any specific feature, you're not limited to waiting for me to program it in. You can always come up with your own code. I mean, the jumping code is already in there, if you REALLY wanted it, you could just apply it to NPCs the way I applied it to players.

@Seal: That exactly how one would code spells for an engine like this. They arent much different from top-down, other than just having the y-axis be the same as your target.

@MrMota14:

> Miguu, please create one Quest System like Lostica. I stopped using that version, why not and why had he lived giving error in VB.

You can script a quest system o_o;

I don't really have to "add" anything, but rather just fix glitches and add side-scrolling based features.