Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sword Sprites

Dark Crusade

Do you want criticism on the shape or the shading? The only problem i can see, is for the last sword. It looks like its completely one color, unless i look closely at it. Maybe you could increase the difference between the colors?

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> They look very nice for WoH and you seem to have the light-source down to a science. Good job! (I <3 the one on the far right… looks like a master sword :D)

I think they are reandom pixelart - not WoH related. They wouldn't fit a Zelda game rly.

@Niko:

> Well i downloaded the image and zoomed in and there not slightly dithered there heavily dithered.. lol. The entire blade on all three swords are. The daggers or whatever are not as dithered but thats the only exception.

Its not dithering. Take my word for it. The reason it looks checkered is because I've shown the edge seam down the middle of the blade by making the light source hit it harder. When working in such a small area its hard to make it look shiny and such.

@Lena:

> I love love love the last two, the other ones (in my opinion) don't really look sword like.
> But the last two are like ARRR piratey

:huh:

-
i personally would call the first one a butter knife, the second one a childplay dagger.
the last 3 are more like swords.

@Kreator:

> Been practicing spriting swords, and am keen for some feedback or constructive criticism. Heres a few I done.
>
> All use about 6 -7 colors.

The handle on the first knife is so nonexistent that you would be holding the blade when you hold it.
Last sword curves in down low, in the middle of the blade. If it were a real sword this would make it unstable and break very easily.

@Kreator:

> Even if your correct, this is fantasy not real life you moron. Theres thousands of games out there with all swords of whacky insane looking swords.

Indeed that is true, I am just stating that from what I read in the first post, you didn't say that it was fantasy, and i didn't read the rest of the post for I was rushing off to school.