Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TES 3: Morrowind

Techno 5.0

Morrowind is a amazing game, i played that game for a damn long time. Not nearly as much as my friend though who i believed played that game for a year or two. As for mods i never really played with any, though if you dont have the two expansions you should get them they really add a ton of amazing content.

I really like this game, however never did finish the main story due to lost skull at the start… however did beat the addons stories.

Marsh you really should try it with mods they can add a lot too the game. Not only with the looks but gameplay value as well... TR Morrowind Map1: Telvannis adds a ton of content (However not really had the chance to try it out my self.) now Tamriel Rebuilt: Map 2 - Antediluvian Secrets is out too.

[http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com](http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com)

I've played it off and on, it's a little big and plus the mods, I wind up getting burned out long before completing it and then when I go back to it I don't remember where I am so I start a new game.
XD

I've finished the main storyline once, before I installed Tribunal and Bloodmoon. One thing I don't like is if you start new with the expansions, right away you're put into all 3 of the quest lines. Like when you're still in Seyda Neen the Brotherhood attempts to assassinate you, and people talk about Solsthiem; it would be better if the scripts would wait until you get through parts of the main quest already before triggering that stuff.

Anyway, for mods, I always use these as a minimum:
Fair Magicka Regen
Better Bodies
Better Heads
Better Clothes
(and some random robe replacers)

I've noticed a lot of clothing mods, but the majority of them suck and are primarily gothic fetish outfits or crap like that. I really like the clothing design of the original, but the default models are ugly as sin (seriously they are even ugly for 2001 graphics). So the "Better ___" mods are nice in that regard as they improve but maintain the original designs.

Oh yeah, like Kreator said too Morrowind is pretty buggy. Definitely not an optimized game.

Yeah, used to play it back in the day. I can't stand the damn thing without pumping it full of mods though.

Played through the main storyline once, but got burnt out before I started the add-ons.

Originally I was a little kid and understood nothing about the game, so I just kept re-making characters with new mods and crap, whoring out with the awesome vampire mods making armies of thralls xD

I never really used mods for morrowind. I enjoyed that game more without them, though I always ended up going into the world editor and messing with stuff.

For a long time I tried to make my own island to have quests and stuff on, but I was young and had no idea how to do anything.

I did, however, use a shit-tonne of mods on oblivion.

by the way Marsh, it was three years. For three years I played this game, and did every single thing in it.

The better bodies / heads is almost a must. If you're playing Telvanni, there's a mod that makes the Stronghold at Uvirith's Grave far more upgradeable, to the point where it's the size of Balmora.
A good weapon / armor mod is Carnithus' Armamentarium, as well as Death's Doorstep. There was one, Balmora Expanded I believe it was called, that doubled the size of Balmora. Suran underworld added an extensive sewer system.

There are many, MANY mods that are quite good. Hit up PlanetElderscrolls and check the hall of fame.

i had TES3 for xbox… it was awesome. i played forever making characters with different personalities. I loved when i accidentally glitched it though... get two weapons that give stat bonuses... then hold thebutton to swap between them... and they just stack up crazy!

Yeah that whole assassin coming after you... here is what figured out.
Keep a ranged weapon and alot of ammo on hand. sleep on roof tops.
When they wake you they fall to the ground and you can take them out slowly.
Great for weak characters that want that sweet armor.

I know what you mean Anna, in TES 3 and 4 i do that alot.

I like 4:Oblivion better. i still havent done everything but its good muse when i cant get any ideas for my game.

Yeah the assassins aren't really the trouble it's just the assassins open up the whole Tribunal quest lines, and at the beginning of the game that is just too much to deal with I think. Having all the quest lines open at the start is a bit overbearing, and I think that adds to my inability to complete the full game because I wind up doing EVERYTHING at the same time.

Gameplay wise they should maintain the player focus on the main quest until it's developed enough, then start throwing in the other quest triggers.

One thing I didn't like about Morrowind (that they definitely improved in oblivion) is archery. Ranged attacks in Morrowind were horrible unless you had pinpoint accuracy and had the skill maxed out from the start. My brother tried using it once with an untrained character and it took about 10 shots to kill a mudcrab, and over 100 shots to kill a bandit (he had a pemanant featherfall and jump bonus of 50 so he could continually keep out of the guys reach.)

The battle system in morrowind is very badly done, while at the time it's okay however… in order to do anything you have to level up that skill or you'll miss almost every time. Unlike the new one where the battle system has less chance to miss ect...

It's a small flaw however setting on lower level can help.

I think it's better than Oblivion, except for the magic. Magic in Morrowind is for masochists. But the melee combat was better in my opinion, and even archery was alright if you have the skill somewhat leveled.

Everything about Oblivion was just generic and boring. I was really disappointed in it.

Well combat magic was a pain in Morrowind how you had to sheath your weapons and use both hands to cast, but Oblivion you could pew pew stuff from your offhand on the fly. That was neat. But yeah the enchanting and other magics were better in Morrowind, mainly because so many little things got removed in Oblivion.

Yeah but it's easy to not do it as well. You have to make a conscious choice to do those exploits.

The only "exploit" I did was I'd clone Icarian Flight scrolls; but only because the game made it impossible to enchant equivalent scrolls. Also I used magic resistance spells so I could wear the Boots of Blinding Speed.

I love it, but I hate it.
The scenery doesnt change for long periods of time, combat magic as Anna said, and I hated it how when I ran up to something, shot my bow, and still missed, because of low skill - that's terrible!
Plus, although seeing everything is nice, you had to walk everywhere, which was time consuming, and is an eyesore with the outdated graphic and repeated textures.

Walk everywhere? What are you talking about? There are boats and silt striders in every major settlement. The only times you have to walk is when dealing with the Ashlander tribes. Also from what I played of Oblivion, the scenes changed a LOT more in Morrowind. Everything in Oblivion was generic forest with the exact same generic ruins all over the place. Atleast Morrowind had variety.