Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orgin's X-mas Edition is nice, but has alot of bug's as i've mention on page 130, towards the bottom. I'm sure Robin will get Em' fixed up, or members of the forum will post tutorials to fix these bugs. But for now, be happy orgins even has an active coder like Robin was once saying.

Hey guys. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just wondering.

I've noticed on this thread, people are saying the Origins Christmas Edition has a lot of glitches. So, does version 1.1 have less glitches than the Christmas Edition? I'm not sure which one to use. The Xmas one seems better, but if it's full of glitches at the moment, would that make 1.1 better?

**Edit:** Never mind, I'm guessing 1.1 would be better for now.

@Robin:

> It's in alpha testing for a reason.
>
> If you find a bug then you can report it and the bug will no longer be around in the next release. It's not hard.

I don't remember saying it was hard.

All I asked was which version had less glitches. That's it.

@Tarou:

> All I asked was which version had less glitches. That's it.

You, like everyone else, seem to think that ignoring the problems and just using something else is going to let the engine mature. It won't. I release stuff, you lot let me know when you find a problem and I fix it. That's how we move on. Coming back with "I'm going to use an outdated version" is just incredibly selfish.

Far too many people are all too eager to whine, cry and complain about how bugged the engine is yet can't be arsed to actually report the stuff properly.

To everyone complaining about the FPS;

Make sure you're not stupid enough to develop the source code with debug mode enabled. Screw up one of the looped procedures and you'll be constantly dumping text in to the error logs which will eat your FPS.

I think the fps lag is just for 1.2

look how many people was talking about

1.1 is normal but havnt hotbar and other cool stufs ;D

the fps lag and hotbar bug will be fix on the next release,I think's the better option; wait until next release.You can pass your maps,items,etc.. to the next release.

1.2 have some bugs but 1.1 have too

@Robin:

> You, like everyone else, seem to think that ignoring the problems and just using something else is going to let the engine mature. It won't. I release stuff, you lot let me know when you find a problem and I fix it. That's how we move on. Coming back with "I'm going to use an outdated version" is just incredibly selfish.
>
> Far too many people are all too eager to whine, cry and complain about how bugged the engine is yet can't be arsed to actually report the stuff properly.

No, that's not exactly true. When this month over, I'm going to get very busy and might not have time to help find bugs and upgrade versions. That's why I'd rather do as much work as I can on 1.1 while I'm free and let my players play on a version with less glitches. But if it's going to upset you, then I'll switch to the Xmas Edition.

@Tarou:

> No, that's not exactly true. When this month over, I'm going to get very busy and might not have time to help find bugs and upgrade versions. That's why I'd rather do as much work as I can on 1.1 while I'm free and let my players play on a version with less glitches. But if it's going to upset you, then I'll switch to the Xmas Edition.

It's not your specific actions which are annoying, it's the fact that _everyone_ thinks the same way. I'm not releasing new versions for the hell of it. 1.1.0 has more severe problems than the Christmas Edition.

@RisingShine:

> Maybe it's because I haven't seriously used it, but I haven't come across a single glitch/bug  :huh:…xd.

There's many bugs. There just not easy to find or Robin would of already fixed them. That was by no means an insult, just clarifying that.

Yup. I've been planning to add sounds to a lot of things for a while now, hence the sound engine.

Just got much more important things to get out of the way.

Fixed the FPS drop you get on larger maps. Used to get ~60fps on a 255x255 map and ~200fps on a 14x11 map. Now I get ~250fps on a 255x255 map and ~280fps on a 14x11 map.

Used the practically ancient high indexing trick we made over at Mirage about half a decade ago, but it's effective. Considering the fact that vb6 doesn't support vectors it's as far as I'm willing to go to sort out the lag associated with y-based rendering.

Gonna blow the metaphorical dust off a few old optimisations which we developed back in the day. Pre-rendered maps, pre-rendered text, etc. Last time I whored out on this kind of thing I got vanilla Mirage 3.0.3 to just under 1,000fps, so I'll see how far I can go with it. Probably won't be able to go that high because I can't cut out tile rendering completely like I could before because of the sheer size of some of the maps, but I can certainly pre-render the backbuffer size at least.

Considering the fact that everyone and their grandma is jumping on the 'lol fps' bandwagon I might as well just shut them up with my actions rather than my words. ;)

Here's the results of last time I did all this stuff.

**Before;**
![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/sfgassga.png)

**After;**
![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/test2.png)

heh cool. noticed a bug stayed in from EE2.7(but i thought you completely rewrote the engine).
Open map properties on any map.
Close it.
Go to another map.
Open map properties again and it has the last maps info.
I havent even begun to look into why… i just reopen it every time...