Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> The simple fact that you posted Eclipse as if it was anything more than a text editor shows that having this discussion with you is completely pointless. Go join a Java programming community and _please_ go read up on the basics before you do so.

It wasn't completely useless since it already have an integrated graphics engine, and I just wanted to hear (if you have experience in it) if I should use that or DirectX, OpenGL and such.

BTW I pretty much know the basics of java.

I think some of you need to shut the hell up. The day any of you start paying good money for source code, is the day you can complain when things arn't getting done. You're getting all Robins hard work for NOTHING, none of you are doing ANYTHING to contribute besides f***ing whining about when he's going to release more source and updates.

Even if the source was complete and finished, I doubt any of you would release a decent enough game worth playing anyway, since none of you can do anything for yourselves. How many games have been in the works since Mirage came about? 1000's maybe even tens of 1000's, and how many of those games are up and running today, with a large playerbase and decent gameplay?  I can probably count that on my left hand.

On a nicer note, I've looked over Origins yesterday and it's looking really impressive so far. Dabbled around in the editors and im really liking what I see.  Noticed a few very minor glitches which can probably be tweeked with 1 line of code but all the major stuff seems to work as it should.
I've not yet tested the directional blocking feature with larger maps but I'm assuming this was fixed from the first time the source was released.
I want to explore the features some more, see what the engine is capable of besides what is shown when first running the source.

Overall looking really good so far, has everything one needs to create a fairly decent game.

I have no problems with it. Aside from minor adjustments of the source, I'm pretty satisfied and impressed on how this release turned out be. With more consideration with problem solving its issues I'm very sure that this engine is sufficient to really make a game.
Keep up the excellent work Robin! :icon_music:

@Tazuko:

> Runtime error 339
> mscom
>
> I used the library thingy how come I get this ;[
>
> Anyone have the download link the the dll's for the server, I'll maunually register them.

What OS are you using on your machine? If you are using Vista/7 then this might help you out. Follow the tutorials on this [link](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,50015.0.html/). I'm not too sure if the origins library installer as made it so where its supports vista or 7 so it best if you just try the ELI version.

@Ninja:

> No ones going to go ducking buy a whole new keyboard so they can just ducking open up an admin panel. Your fricken retarded, and go ahead warn me, I dont give a shit, but I hate you. Your ducking retarded, and your upstuck, and a power whore. Way to delete my topic so people without vb6 could download it, stop being a stupid lil prick. /rant.

Sorry Mods, I just gotta reply to this.

> No ones going to go ducking buy a whole new keyboard

joke.jpg

> Your fricken retarded

ORLY?

> and go ahead warn me, I dont give a shit,

And nether do we.

> but I hate you.

Noone said you had to like him.

> Your ducking retarded

He's not the one with the 8-year old show of a turtle as your profile image.

> and your upstuck

HA.

> power whore

He deserves every bit of power he has.

> Way to delete my topic so people without vb6 could download it

It was removed for a reason.

> stop being a stupid lil prick

Everything I replied to your statements, applies here.

^Internet Tough Guy
–----------------------------------------------

He isn't a power whore. Its called respect.  He has earned it and doesn't your little smartass mouth hating on him.  Now me defending him? That's respect for him.  I could care less if he is getting fought at.  He can handle it on his own. I just wanted to add to show you everyone here (mostly) disagrees with what you posted. K I'm done. <3

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe

If you have problems with the server like I did, this fixes it PERFECTLY and fast.

Add's all missing DL's . I Virus Scanned it seems safe, I'd recommend you check too since Avast isn't perfect  :rolleyes:

@Robin:

> The simple fact that you posted Eclipse as if it was anything more than a text editor shows that having this discussion with you is completely pointless. Go join a Java programming community and _please_ go read up on the basics before you do so.

Eclipse is not a just a text editor don't be a fucking prick. It's an IDE. And it does include some Libraries and many usefull stuff in plugins/addons. Resource section and more have libraries as-well.

You just made a prick move and assumed he's an idiot cause you think Eclipse.org is just for "text editors."

I feel bad I just defended you…

@Tazuko:

> http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe
>
> If you have problems with the server like I did, this fixes it PERFECTLY and fast.
>
> Add's all missing DL's . I Virus Scanned it seems safe, I'd recommend you check too since Avast isn't perfect  :rolleyes:

That's the exact same thing as the Origins' Runtimes Installer.

@Tazuko:

> Eclipse is not a just a text editor don't be a ducking prick. It's an IDE. And it does include some Libraries and many usefull stuff in plugins/addons. Resource section and more have libraries as-well.

An IDE is just a glorified text editor. The point was that he was using the term 'Eclipse' in such a way that it appeared he was talking about the Java port of Eclipse. That's like me talking about PHP and referring to it as 'Notepad'.

@Tazuko:

> You just made a prick move and assumed he's an idiot cause you think Eclipse.org is just for "text editors."
>
> I feel bad I just defended you…

When did I call him an idiot? I told him to join a community based around Java programming rather than asking it here and to learn the basics first. That's fairly reasonable advice for someone asking for advice about some of the basics of the language.

And I don't need 'defending', thank you very much.

I just want to ask for everyone to stop with the constant replacement of the word "fucking" with "ducking". I respect your intentions of "keeping it clean" but it's just silly.
Either spell it "fucking" or don't include it to the sentence, it doesn't really add much strength to any statements being made.

It's ruining my reading material.
This thread is so damn amusing; what with all the bickering and ranting.
I love you all : D

@L:

> I just want to ask for everyone to stop with the constant replacement of the word "ducking" with "ducking". I respect your intentions of "keeping it clean" but it's just silly.
> Either spell it "ducking" or don't include it to the sentence, it doesn't really add much strength to any statements being made.

It's called a fucking word filter.

This may sound like I'm defending Robin(well I kinda am) but I'm saying this because I'm a Java Programmer(not that good but enough to make a small game(I'm talking Pong and stuff) from scratch with OpenGL). And I tried not to say something when I first saw it but then another idiot came along and I can't hold it anymore.

@Pinkeye:

> It wasn't completely useless since it already have an integrated graphics engine, and I just wanted to hear (if you have experience in it) if I should use that or DirectX, OpenGL and such.
>
> BTW I pretty much know the basics of java.

He did talk about "Eclipse" as if it's a language or Engine or something based on Java. Eclipse have integrated Graphic Engine? It's an IDE, or as Robin put it, Text Editor. I can make a Java application from a notepad(not compiled). Now let just say it have "Integrated Graphic Engine", why then would you want to use "DirectX or OpenGL or such"? And even if you have to choose, you're using Java, so OpenGL is like your only choice(unless you're an idiot and use DirectX wrapper or something)

@Pinkeye:

> If you've some experience with it, what library do you suggest me to use? I'm using Eclipse (Java).

Okay, so you're asking for suggestion for Library but you're telling us that you're currently using Eclipse IDE. Did you mean "what IDE do you suggest me to use" ? or did you mean "I'm using Java Open Graphic Library (OpenGL)"? In which case, that's the one I use.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS : Actually, at first I thought when he said "I'm using Eclipse(Java)", he meant the Solar Eclipse that is being develop, which is a Java port but then he posted a link to the Eclipse IDE which mean he was talking about the IDE, not the SE being work on here.

@Robin:

> @L:
>
> > I just want to ask for everyone to stop with the constant replacement of the word "ducking" with "ducking". I respect your intentions of "keeping it clean" but it's just silly.
> > Either spell it "ducking" or don't include it to the sentence, it doesn't really add much strength to any statements being made.
>
> It's called a fucking word filter.

HA! Just read my post, had no idea it was the act of a word filter, I feel silly now.
Never seen a filter that changes the word, I've only came in contact with one that uses "****"
Pardon my mistake!

@Robin:

> @Tazuko:
>
> > http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe
> >
> > If you have problems with the server like I did, this fixes it PERFECTLY and fast.
> >
> > Add's all missing DL's . I Virus Scanned it seems safe, I'd recommend you check too since Avast isn't perfect  :rolleyes:
>
> That's the exact same thing as the Origins' Runtimes Installer.
>
> @Tazuko:
>
> > Eclipse is not a just a text editor don't be a ducking prick. It's an IDE. And it does include some Libraries and many usefull stuff in plugins/addons. Resource section and more have libraries as-well.
>
> An IDE is just a glorified text editor. The point was that he was using the term 'Eclipse' in such a way that it appeared he was talking about the Java port of Eclipse. That's like me talking about PHP and referring to it as 'Notepad'.
>
> @Tazuko:
>
> > You just made a prick move and assumed he's an idiot cause you think Eclipse.org is just for "text editors."
> >
> > I feel bad I just defended you…
>
> When did I call him an idiot? I told him to join a community based around Java programming rather than asking it here and to learn the basics first. That's fairly reasonable advice for someone asking for advice about some of the basics of the language.
>
> And I don't need 'defending', thank you very much.

Hmm I guess but you seemed kind of condescending to me.

I tried all ELI and none solved that problem.