Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrMiguu:

> I see the slide-feature all together was taken off the changelog. Does that mean you said "screw it!"?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I added it in but didn't finish it. You slide across the tiles but there's no timing. You'll instantly appear on the other side of the tile(s).

@Rainbow:

> Oh yeah, forgot about that. I added it in but didn't finish it. You slide across the tiles but there's no timing. You'll instantly appear on the other side of the tile(s).

Oh. Alrighty. Was just making sure that it didn't vanish. Kinda thought it was a neat feature for Eclipse to have. I'd like to see it's creative potential utilized in future games (with dungeons/traps and the such).

When you warp to a different map all the players, npcs, etc. are all downloaded for that map.

I made it so if you're simply warping to a new position on the map you're already on then it'll simply change your position, rather than sending you all that crap again.

Makes it much smoother and saves on bandwidth.

@DishWasher:

> I am banned a lot

Stop posting shit, then.

@DishWasher:

> but.Look at any mmorpg
> theres one without arrow?

Yes, hundreds.

@DishWasher:

> eo will be incomplete then >___>

Just because it's incomplete in your eyes doesn't mean it's incomplete. If you think your game needs projectiles then **go add them.**

It's open-source for a reason.

^

Or…

> Array: Pokemon(0), Pokemon(1), … Pokemon(99)
> Non-array: Pokemon_0, Pokemon_1, ... Pokemon_99

Array Example:

> For I = 0 To 99
> Call Pokemon(I)
> Next I

Non-Array Example:

> Call Pokemon_0: Call Pokemon_1: Call Pokemon_2: … Call Pokemon_99

I dont like the way you handle item spawning, why send unnecessary data to the client? Why not just have the server spawn the item for that player only? after 30 secs spawn to all but the player who beat the NPC. This is how my game does it. Try not to use strings in senddata 2 bytes per character.

And seriously Robin change your packets headers to Bytes or Integers. Also your writing out the whole packets as long to. I'll give an example. Inside SendData Look at this

Buffer.PreAllocate 4 + (UBound(TempData) - LBound(TempData)) + 1
        Buffer.WriteLong (UBound(TempData) - LBound(TempData)) + 1
        Buffer.WriteBytes TempData()

Your writing the entire packet as long! Change to Integer

' ****** Write Data ******
        Call Buffer.WriteInteger((UBound(Data) - LBound(Data)) + 1)

' ****** Write Buffer ******
        Call Buffer.WriteBytes(Data())

Thats just how mine looks but your losing so much Bandwidth. I even Change mirage packets into Bytes as some packets in EO are big so the packets flys over 255 causing errors. You obviously have to change the way it reads the packets but once you read the code youll see what to change.