Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@Helladen:

> I don't think that's a good question to ask, he doesn't give release dates. He's spontaneous when he releases things and he just released this less than a week ago. Let people like me get some time to build onto ours without having to worry about merging the sources every couple of days. Aka more things in a longer period of time.

I wasn't asking for a release date, I was asking how the progress was going for the engine.  I like to know what's going on behind the scenes while I'm waiting.  I'm fine if he doesn't tell me anything, I'm just politely asking him.  By the way, who are you to be telling me what a good question is to ask Robin?  So, Robin, now that that's all cleared up, maybe you could give us some updates on your progress so far?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cpunerd96:

> So, Robin, now that that's all cleared up, maybe you could give us some updates on your progress so far?

Pretty much bugger all. I made it so all dropped items are flagged to a single user (or in the case of killing an npc/player, your party) and cannot be seen or interacted with by anyone else till a 30 second timer is finished. Once that happens anyone can freely see and interact with the item for a further 60 seconds at which point the item despawns.

This means you can't have people stealing your drops and, in the case of parties, you can share the loot around with your friends.

This was something I quickly added in right after I released 1.5.0, however. I've done absolutely nothing else since that day.

@Robin:

> I made it so all dropped items are flagged to a single user (or in the case of killing an npc/player, your party) and cannot be seen or interacted with by anyone else till a 30 second timer is finished. Once that happens anyone can freely see and interact with the item for a further 60 seconds at which point the item despawns.

Music For Me

@Robin:

> Pretty much bugger all. I made it so all dropped items are flagged to a single user (or in the case of killing an npc/player, your party) and cannot be seen or interacted with by anyone else till a 30 second timer is finished. Once that happens anyone can freely see and interact with the item for a further 60 seconds at which point the item despawns.
>
> This means you can't have people stealing your drops and, in the case of parties, you can share the loot around with your friends.
>
> This was something I quickly added in right after I released 1.5.0, however. I've done absolutely nothing else since that day.

That sounds awesome.  Can't wait until that comes out (Actually I can.)

@pankaka:

> Robin is there a way you could add "NPC" death animations. A simple animation to be shown after the npc gets killed.
> Or can anyone lend a hand?

That would be awesome.  Although I think that would mean that the graphics would have to be updated to fit.  Unless the death animation will be a separate file.

your server is running through the player routines like spells ect everyloop, make the timers for each one seperate then if we need to check the spell set a byte then run the routine. Saves alot of CPU also after i done this to my server players said it made a great difference online. VBGore does something similar but its outdated code. Hard to explain but ask for an example on MSN ill show you. I  spent a week improving server looping ect, even only looped though the npcs for the max amount of npcs on the map at one time rather then loop through max_map_npcs even if theres 1 npc it will try and loop 25? no point right?

Was going to add make a player high index but you've done it :) like this source mate, got a be the most well thought out source by far. Keep it up.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> the engine simple cuts the sprite into 12 even sections and removes the background color. you could have an npc take up the whole screen…. not a good practice though.
>
> Side note: if you sprite is say 96x96 for example, the bottom middle 32x32 is still the only collision detected sector.
>
> OOO <--<< arrow misses
> OOO <--<< arrow misses
> OXO <--<< arrow hits

Solution:

- **Collision-box for players/NPCs based on the size of their sprite.**