Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's simply not possible, there's no discussion to be given, which is just another fallacy of this thread. I was hoping this thread wasn't coming out of Old Boards anyways, simply because it's a pain to moderate for questions when everyone feels the need to ask about bugs in this thread. This thread, like the Confirmed Bugs thread, will be forever spammed with questions because people will always read the topic before the main post.

As I shot the background color of the icons in the menus and hotkeys?

For example: When an item drops to the ground, the background color it disappears, I wanted the same happens in the menus, is it possible?

@RisingShine:

> Well, YOU try and come up with some non-bug discussion, when the current version has a couple of weird bugs, and we'll follow on that discussion.

I suggest you stop arguing with the moderation team. He's perfectly right and you're just making an arse out of yourself.

This thread is for development discussion, showing off new features and the like. The bug report thread is clearly stickied in the 'Questions & Answers' board and any specific discussion should be done in it's own thread.

Just because you don't agree with how this is handled doesn't mean you're excused from obeying the rules.

@RisingShine:

> Robin, my statement was, is at this current state, it's rather hard to talk about anything non-bug related.

This thread's use is discussion about the development of the engine. I think it's _only_ in it's current state that you can have such a thing. If you can't think of anything non-bug related to talk about then kindly leave this thread and go to the appropriate section rather than just starting arguments for the sake of it.

I think having the time displayed would be important. A lot of my players are from diffrent countries and rely on the server time to plan for game events and what-not.
Ā  I'm sure it's probably an easy line of code.

You'd either need to have it client-side with players entering their GMT offset or send a packet with the time when they first log in and handle the increments manually.

Either way it's not something I'll be adding to the official release. It'd be just as easy for people to know when events take place by simply knowing the GMT offset of the server and doing any corrections themselves depending on their timezone.

Only real problem with this is that it seems most Americans don't know what their GMT offset is, in which case the server-side time is the only real way of doing it.

@DishWasher:

> Sincery,
> Rithy

o.0?

Anyway, I agree with the time. It'd be great. ~~And about something related to that, I don't think the Night/Day should be included unless we can use that for something cool like Time-Specific Monster and such.~~

EDIT : Okay, how about have one central time then. I'm not sure what to do it but Client sync the time with server once a while so that all clients will have the same time as the server.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@JS1:

> Why did Dish just say "Sincery, Rithy"? o.O
>
> -JS1

he is funny with his sinceryĀ  :rolleyes:

@Robin:

> No I'm just going to ignore all the errors and add in a load of half-arsed features which don't work.
>
> owait.

ofc I wasnt talking about to choose a new feature and let the bug.I was talking like
New Feature+Bugs fixs or just the Bug Fixs

@DishWasher:

> one of these 'whatever the hell I want' is dont answer my question?.____.

Yes it does. It means that I don't know what I'm going to do nor do I really care if people want to know what I'm going to do.

I'll be doing what I've been doing since the start - Doing whatever the hell I want when I feel like doing it.