Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> If you're using entity-based projectiles you're using Sean's system from '05\. Doesn't matter if you program it from scratch, it's the same system.

Would you mind suggesting me a better way? Wouldn't mind hearing it, I'll give it a go.

What does entity-based mean? Is it only running and calculating based on a physical object, created and heading in a certain direction? I know what Robin is refering to by animation-based. alot of MMOs use animations, just like melee attacks but with much more range given, to display their projectiles.

@MrMiguu:

> What does entity-based mean? Is it only running and calculating based on a physical object, created and heading in a certain direction? I know what Robin is refering to by animation-based. alot of MMOs use animations, just like melee attacks but with much more range given, to display their projectiles.

Exactly.

Yeah, that won't be in the release probably. It's just a cheap edit of the WN one so I can edit the engine without staring at that greyness all day. Just thought I should show off _some_ progress, seen as though most of what I've been doing is invisible to the casual user.

@[Cake:

> Woods â„¢ link=topic=57637.msg719595#msg719595 date=1291854443]
> Yeah , that grayness GUI looks so gray . ( o rly) So wont you tell me what does the stats do now? :3 *grab shield and gets ready for flaming and bashing *

I've already told you. No one knows what the stats do. I randomly swapped out the old set for the new one. I just changed them to whatever felt right at the time.

If you want to know what the new system is like, I suggest you stop being so lazy and look for yourself next time.

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,62455.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,62455.0.html)

@[Cake:

> Woods â„¢ link=topic=57637.msg719603#msg719603 date=1291856485]
> Oh …Sorry didnt know that you had posted about it .Thanks and sorry

You need to lurk more then. I posted it in July and it's been on the first page of the 'Design' forum ever since.