Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if someone already asked, but those squares so that server?

![](http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2971/imagemodx.png)

The picscreen could be a little bigger and menus within the screen, I am also a programmer, the more I program in a different language …. Ruby program
some images of the program that I did:
![](http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5198/90975829.png)

![](http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3293/17949601.png)

is not as good as yours, but I'm learning more and more

@Raiko:

> Yes for some peoples is easy for some it looks like amirical.Programing is in your blood.

kissassmuch?

@Marlos Gama: I've tried netplay before. I liked it. Since its in Ruby, its laggy as hell. It works regardless. Its getting better too. I've always thought your UI(s) have looked asthetically-pleasing.

@Robin: Where will those character portraits be stored within the _data files_ folder? Is there a selection at the character creation screen or do they correspond with the player's sprite number?

@Marlos:

> @Sekaru:
>
> > @Marlos, the squares are for the hotbar.
>
> hotbar = hotkey?
>
> sorry, I'm using google translator
>
> @Topic
> sorry if already been said, but when will be released

Sort of, dragging a spell (or item) to a hotbar will assign it a hotkey. The hotbar is all the hotkeys together but just with a sort of GUI.

@Marlos:

> Sorry if someone already asked, but those squares so that server?

Why would there be a list of servers when you're already logged into the server? >_>

@MrMiguu:

> @Robin: Where will those character portraits be stored within the _data files_ folder? Is there a selection at the character creation screen or do they correspond with the player's sprite number?

In the faces folder. They need to match up to the player's sprite number.

@Marlos:

> hotbar = hotkey?
> @Topic
> sorry if already been said, but when will be released

The hotbar is a set of slots you can drag items and spells into then use "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0" on the keyboard to trigger.

It'll be released when it's released.

@Noctis:

> Yes, its like u say but I dont think that a working hotbar will be implendet..

Then you're an idiot.

Okay so since you're including the Hot Bar with the new version of Origins (god knows when it will come out), do you think there's a way that you can implement a function so that if you press say Shift+1, then the Hot Bar will switch to a different function of items? Say you've filled up the Hot Bar already, containing fundamental basic inventory items such as potions, throwing stars, arrows, etc, but you want to put more? It would be cool if you could press something like Shift+1 so it switches over and you can put more items, but when Shift+1 is press, the same numbers are being used (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0) on the number board just corresponding to the Shift+1 items?

I think there was this feature in WoW. But if you can't do it then I can probably manage to do it for my source when it's released!  ;D

Thanks Robs!

semlemsushi, you do realize youre being an utter asshole right? robin is doing this with his own free time. it pisses me off when spoiled brats like you come in here thinking you can have everything handed to you on a silver platter. its like you think youre still living with mommy and daddy, and you need your diaper changed. im gonna say it as politely possible (eventhough you dont deserve it): grow up and learn how to act respectfully in society. or noones gonna respect you.

@Murdoc:

> semlemsushi, you do realize youre being an utter asshole right? robin is doing this with his own free time. it pisses me off when spoiled brats like you come in here thinking you can have everything handed to you on a silver platter. its like you think youre still living with mommy and daddy, and you need your diaper changed. im gonna say it as politely possible (eventhough you dont deserve it): grow up and learn how to act respectfully in society. or noones gonna respect you.

/agree

Finished adding the new combat system into the latest source. Also programmed the duration of spells so that DoTs and HoTs can now be created.

HP and Spirit will only start regenerating 5 seconds after combat is finished and all stats now affect different parts of combat properly. It's all nice and organised in the server's new modCombat.

I also added 'Damage' and 'Level' to npcs. Obviously Damage is used in the new combat system. Level will be used so that players don't receive experience from killing something too low/high level, forcing them to move into higher level areas.

![](http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4153/combatb.png)

@_Lotus_:

> I like the idea of HoT. In other games it has proved useful :D
>
> Also, nice 1 billion 234 million 567 thousand 890 gold you got there. o.o

Yeah. Turns out the label wasn't reset properly so if you didn't have any gold, the label wasn't changed from the default. xD

Fixed it now.