Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

To everyone complaining "lol buy features eo crap lololol should be free". EO is an ENGINE, not a game. You have to make the features yourself, and Robin needs money, so Robin sells the feature. Had someone else made EO, you all wouldn't be complaining. Robin owns EO, and he was generous enough to give a good base.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the very start I told you all that Origins wasn't going to be like previous versions of Eclipse.

I said quite clearly that all non-essential features wouldn't be included, and that I'd be releasing them in another form. I said this on the _day I released the source code._ I've carried out my side of the bargain. I've released the basic source code for anyone to develop, and I've released the features as optional add-ons which you can buy from my shop.

Will a new version of Origins be released? Yes, eventually. The lack of motivation to work on it doesn't stem from my selling of WN, but from my lack of motivation to do _any_ programming right now.

Arguing about what you expected Origins to be isn't going to change my mind, it simply shows how you've paid little to no attention to my philosophy which I made clear from day one.

I support Robin's stance on the matter. If you can't program, get one, or buy his work. Eo has more than enough to work with, and as he's already said there will be "at least" one more version. Soul was correct when he said that it's Robin's engine he can distribute it however he likes.

@Helladen:

> @.Aaron:
>
> > @XBlue:
> >
> > > why donate when you have to buy the feature?
> >
> > You donated to keep the forum up. Not to get the features of the game engine…
>
> Not to make a rude comment but ads alone would cover costs for hosting.

Not to make a rude response, but we didn't have ads until recently (approx, 6 months ago). There's still more costs of hosting that can't be covered by ad money.

Honestly for me I could care less about the features as I can always add in features I want later through tutorials or just simply making them myself.  All I would like to see with EO is continued bug fixes or other optimizations.  Thats all it really needs right now as a base engine.  If it wasnt for the fact that I am waiting to see what the next version is going to have done in it, then I would take a version of 1.1.0 right now and just do a load of the bug fixes and release that.  For now though I think it would be a waste of time as Robin fixed a lot of the bugs.

to all the whiners: beggars cant be choosers. Robin didn't have to do anything, and he still doesn't. if theres something you can do to EO to make it better do it. but don't expect shit from people, because for one it demotivates them to do it of their own pleasure, and secondly, you cant really expect people to always follow through on something they plan to do. life is unexpected, and it makes life easier to just to accept that, and let people do what they want. there's a good chance that Robin is not working on it anymore, because he DOESNT WANT TO. like i said, beggars cant be choosers. especially when theres no promises, and everyone is clammering for the next big thing to make their game super awesome, but hardly putting any work into it at all, besides maybe ripping graphics, and writing boring stories. if you want a great engine, go learn to program, make a great engine, and quit whining that someone else wont do it for you. in the real world, you get what you work for… or pay for. end of story.

@ramoneknot:

> well… why buy features if the engine have connection bugs??? can't handle 4+ players

Well I think that's only for [PV]. I use many packets to send back n' fourth the player animation frames to give a more "live feel." [EO] doesn't use that. If someone attacks on [EO], you can't see their attack frames. On [PV], you can see everyone's attacking frames the moment they attack. All those extra packets prob screw over the winsock's connection processing.

@Aero/EBrown:

> @Robin:
>
> > -snip-
>
> Photobucket owned.
>
> Thanks,
> Aero/EBrown

Quoting the entire first post isn't helping anyone. I'm aware my bandwidth was exceeded. It's because of the huge amount of traffic I got from those Minecraft videos. I'm switched all the MC pictures over to a separate Imageshack account so I just need to wait for next month for my Photobucket to come back up.

@ramoneknot:

> well… why buy features if the engine have connection bugs??? can't handle 4+ players

It can. Why don't you test it yourself?

@MrMiguu:

> If someone attacks on [EO], you can't see their attack frames.

That's because the frame is set at a certain part in the attacking procedures server-side. Simply moving this up a few lines will cause everyone to see you attacking. This has already been done in future releases.

And as I've already said, if you're sending animations through the server, you're doing it horrifically badly.

Well I obviously took the advice the wrong way. It didn't make sense why it wouldn't work. Now I get what you're saying. What should I do about standing animations? Should I run code in the server that loops itself depending on the player's status and change the frame that way?

Most animations should be done client-side, just as they are in Origins. The only possible reason you could have for sending animations separately through the server is if you had user-triggered animations which aren't already linked to something which utilises packet triggering.

Even then, there are better ways of doing it.

@Robin:

> I've had dozens of people notifying me that my Photobucket has run out of Bandwidth.
>
> Thanks.

They're afraid you might not **read** all 14 of the already repeated posts about the issue. They lack faith in your ability to note the obvious.

BTW, Robin, did you know your bandwidth has exceeded on your Photobucket account? I just realized that. Hopefully other people won't so they don't start bombarding you with that very same question. That would be terrible.