Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

-shrug-

Do it however you want. Personally I'd render it all onscreen. The easiest way would be to set it up so it loads external files.

```
picInventory.Picture = LoadPicture(app.path & "\Data Files\Interface\inventory.jpg")
```

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> Two bugs found:
>
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,61714.0.html
>
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,61725.0.html
>
> :azn:

I just have to say this. **Thank you for reporting bugs _the right way_**.

As for Neox. Click the what ever part of the GUI you want to change and go to the properties. Look for the Image or Picture option then load you image.

What is this world coming to…

@Xlithan:

> Make a map 80x80 and try adding directional blocking in the middle of that map. It doesn't work. It only works in the top left portion of the map.
>
> I haven't looked into the code but wondered if anybody else had found this bug and fixed it.

I'll look into it when I get time. I think I know what the problem is.

Hmm… directional blocking seems to have many quirks. I cant even use it at all when I make 40x40 maps. On standard maps, when I was able to do it for a while, then it just stopped... Killed all maps and rebooted the server(all that good stuff) and they still didnt work.

@Xlithan:

> I think the next version of EO should be purely bug fixes. The features are already enough for what I need but I wasn't expecting this many errors in the source.
> I shall wait for the next version of EO while I work on my current project, Adventures of Virellia.

Wait.. what? Who cares what you need.. Also.. there really isn't that many bugs. The next release would contain all bug fixes and more feature wise. Looks good robin. Going to mess around for a bit.

Well there are enough bugs, and they always have to be fixed completely first. That was what hurt Eclipse in the long run, all the little bugs that never really got resolved.

But knowing Robin, when he has time he would do the bug fixing no matter what anyone says, because he has a bit of a perfectionist streak in him that will nag at him if he leaves things hanging.

@Xlithan:

> I think the next version of EO should be purely bug fixes. The features are already enough for what I need but I wasn't expecting this many errors in the source.
> I shall wait for the next version of EO while I work on my current project, Adventures of Virellia.

In that case you can just fix all the bugs yourself and keep it the way it is.

There's still more stuff that I see as being needed to create a basic game.

Every single release I go through all the bug reports and try and fix all of them, as long as I can re-create them. Next release will be no different.

I would fix the bugs myself. The problem with going into somebody elses code is that for the most part, I'm not sure how things work.  I looked through the directional blocking procedure, hoping to find something that would suggest checking what the max X and Y tile was but I couldn't seem to see anything regarding that, apart from just checking which tile it was you were clicking on. To my knowledge, those 2 lines should be ok since there's nothing to show any kind of restriction against the max X and Y tile. Baring in mind I only looked briefly this afternoon.

@reZed:

> Please help, how to turn on life bar on enemies? :sad: It's awkward not to see the health of the enemy  :cry:

This guy pissed me off.

Anyway, I started to use your engine(just like I said) and it's totally amazing!
Except all these small bugs and unfinished features but with the amount of work you done in such a short time, it's amazing.

It's gonna be a pain for me to rip out the next version's feature to upgrade the version I have.
I'm starting to think and I agree with Xlithan. We need a stable version with no bug and only fully completed features.
It could be a great engine to start coding on. Beside, if they want to use a clean and bug-free engine, they should be able to implement the features from newer version easily. I don't know what I'm trying to say now….. Basically, a bug-free engine with all complete features.

While I was trying the last paragraph, I realized something. You could keep on implementing all the features you think a basic game needed until you're done. Then you can start on fixing bugs and the engine keep on getting less and less bugs. That's probably what you're doing....

Sincerely,
Rithy