Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin, I forgot how to change experience in source editing… How do I find it again?
I found something in the client source, but most of it was just for killing monsters, and the tnl bar or something like that divided by 169 and (tnl \ 169) * 169...
Then in server source, all I could find to change was player stats per level.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> kill them

I don't think you understood my question, or your answer just didn't make any sense, I mean like, when you die, and you respawn at map 1 at x:5, y:5\. I want to know how to change that to say… map 2 x:1, y:3\. Thanks in advance, if you can help me.

I've so far really enjoy origins. I've already started making a game for it. I've already got alot of things done (mostly resources).

I've notice it's very simple to delete a spell with a single press of the second mouse button. Can something be added so a spell can't be deleted.

![](http://i46.tinypic.com/2ykfeip.png)

@Robin:

> ================================
> Eclipse Origins v1.0.3 -> v1.0.4
> ================================
>
> - Fixed problem with class sprite selection.
> - Fixed map editor problem with tile selection. (Thanks to Derrick)
> - Removed isIp procedure. Caused problems when using domains.
> - Fixed problem with ghost items being given to the player.
> - Added new item sprites & spell sprites.
> - Added directional blocking system using bitwise operators.
> - Added graphical arrows which you can click in the map editor to set directional block.
> - Changed Map UDT. All the directional blocking data is stored in a single byte.
> - Added visual bank.
> - Added bank drag & drop system.
> - Added bank slot changing system.
> - Added right-click warping for developers whilst pressing shift.
> - Added heal tile. When stepped on it heals you.
> - Added trap tile. When stepped on it damages you.
> - Added slide tile. When stepped on it carries you in a direction to the next tile.
> - Created some new packet subs to replace packet sending code which was repeated.
> - Added a new procedure. "KillPlayer()" will now take EXP from a player and kill them.
> - Clicking 'trade' and then clicking on a player will invite them to trade.
> - If you try and trade a player who has tried to trade you as well, trade will be opened.
> - Added trade item offering, stored server-side in the TempPlayer.
> - Added graphical GUI for the trade offer so you can see your own and the other player's offer.
> - Map music is now stored as a string.

I have to say out of all the cool new features the next release will have it is the Slide Attribute that I can't wait to play with most of all. As always, nice work Robin.

@Im_Mad_1337:

> @Shadowwulfâ„¢:
>
> > kill them
>
> I don't think you understood my question, or your answer just didn't make any sense, I mean like, when you die, and you respawn at map 1 at x:5, y:5\. I want to know how to change that to say… map 2 x:1, y:3\. Thanks in advance, if you can help me.

I understood your question. Just thought you didn't deserver a proper answer.
On the map properties you can set a respawn point.
In the class properties you can set a starting point.
next time look more…

@Zetasis:

> I have to say out of all the cool new features the next release will have it is the Slide Attribute that I can't wait to play with most of all. As always, nice work Robin.

I haven't actually done the slide attribute's code yet. xD

That list is fairly old. I've got a lot of fixing up to do before the next release. I managed to get a day off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a lot done.

@Robin:

> @Zetasis:
>
> > I have to say out of all the cool new features the next release will have it is the Slide Attribute that I can't wait to play with most of all. As always, nice work Robin.
>
> I haven't actually done the slide attribute's code yet. xD
>
> That list is fairly old. I've got a lot of fixing up to do before the next release. I managed to get a day off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a lot done.

Take your time, I'd rather have a good release than a rushed out one. :)

Hopefully in 1.1 there will be animations, so no more map wipes will be needed.

When you unquip a item, your inventory is full ?
Also, I think the chat box might have a have a limit? Cause one of my friends who is a developer leveled up a million times and the server got RTE 6 overflow. Same thing happens after a while of talking.

:D

I'd say the overflow is from him leveling higher than the maximum level. Like Robin said, he doesn't sterilize admin functions, so if an admin is spamming levels, either raise the cap in the source, or ban him for being amazed at simple leveling function.

;)