Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

Main reason I stopped using EE related engines was because it was a huge mess of hacky fixes, poorly programmed features and everything was all over the place in 20+ forms and way too many modules and seperate subs that led to other subs leading to other subs etc. etc. etc. while it could easily have been done in far less.

That, and I liked my own version better. ;D

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be better if the resource system was changed so the "health" on the tree/rock w/e you are using could be made more random. Right now its always going to give the resource on the same hit each time since its not random at all and that kindda makes it more boring.

I think it would be better if you gave a minimum and maximum chance and then the resource can be found in random chances instead of always the same.

If you think this wouldn't be better though Robin ill just code it in for my game, I just think it would work better that way for a lot of people.

@Ertzel:

> Wouldn't be better if the resource system was changed so the "health" on the tree/rock w/e you are using could be made more random. Right now its always going to give the resource on the same hit each time since its not random at all and that kindda makes it more boring.
>
> I think it would be better if you gave a minimum and maximum chance and then the resource can be found in random chances instead of always the same.
>
> If you think this wouldn't be better though Robin ill just code it in for my game, I just think it would work better that way for a lot of people.

That's going to be linked into the new combat system. Weapon damage will be randomised.

Oh ok, good to know :D

Thx for the quick response.

Deff going to be using Origins when I restart my game again, I just lost all of my old scripts/source codes when my comp virused out but now Origins will give me a chance to restart that and learn more of the Origins coding well I wait for the next release before I start adding in the codes

Robin, is it just me or does the screen create edges on the tile edges when you make the display area larger and the rendered amount of tiles as well? If so, is this fixable by changing some DX properties or am I just a complete retard that can't do anything right? ;D

EDIT : Also, changing the amount of tiles rendered cancels out the fix which doesn't make the themes switch on Vista/7\. And yes I fail at Direct X. :embarrassed:

This isnt my first rodeo…
I keep all my own stuff in their own mod files.
Each mod file has a commented descriptive area.
Each sub has comments as to where to call it or replace code.

So my action oriented character development... i could give you the mod and you would be able to add it with no knowledge of how it works.

Im just making codes now, saving them in Word files on my computer, then putting them into the current version of EO testing it, if it works I take it back out and keep it waiting, if it doesn't work, then I test it out in EO and once its working I just the fix to the word file. That way once a version of EO is out that I want to start my game with I can just open up the word files and put em in right away.

I take a sneak peak on the source code of EO and all the pressure just went away from EE2.7!
Good job on this release! now I think im going to convert and port from EE to EO because It feels much cleaner to code on. =)

@Lavis:

> I take a sneak peak on the source code of EO and all the pressure just went away from EE2.7!
> Good job on this release! now I think im going to convert and port from EE to EO because It feels much cleaner to code on. =)

It IS much cleaner, that's the point of EO. :azn:

The only downsize is by that very nature, it won't have many of the features in other versions (but buggy unstable features don't help anyone).

Pretty much.

1.1.0 is pretty much ready for release. I've had bugger all time to work on it for about two weeks now. The last thing I did was add player-to-player trading. Busy schedule means I barely have any time. Tomorrow (Sunday) is my one free day so I'll hopefully be able to iron out any remaining bugs, quickly go through and repair all the stuff you lot have reported as being broken (You've all saved me a lot of time by reporting it, so thank you everyone.) and do some small tests.

I'd be able to release it tonight if I wanted, but I'm gonna relax for a couple of hours, play L4D with a few mates then I'm going out around 8pm to do some weight training and get some beers down me.

Watch this space tomorrow though, I'm sure you'll all be very happy with the alterations done.

Peace.