Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> It's hardcoded at 70.

:lipsrsealed: huh?
But my superfantabulous extra spectacular game requires you to be in a party of 20 and play 3 characters each in their own client! XD

hahaha anywho… This engine is by far the best of them all already, and just when you think it couldnt get any better... Robin pulls the damned rabbit out of his hat!

Nice work Robin.
Just want you to know theres a bug with the NPC spawning.
When you add NPC's to maps in properties and try to spawn multiple of the one NPC they dont spawn in the correct points.
Also the NPC names in the NPC spawn attribute are not correct for each map it keeps the same names from the first map you do.
I think its a bug?

@Ballie:

> Sub SpawnNPC is already present, and you can just use something like "MapNpc(MapNum).Npc(Index).Target = X"

sorry but i am just learning source. could you give3 me an egzample how i can use MapNpc(MapNum).Npc(Index).Target = X to get npc 57 to follow to player who runs my code (for a special quest script ima working on!) thanks for all help ^^

Robin, do you anticipate maps we create in 1.0.3 will be compatible in what you are conjuring up for your new and improved map for the next release?

Can you give me a tip of the hat if I should perhaps wait a bit before any serious mapping and maybe focus on other aspects in the meantime?

The engine is brilliant by the way… Its simplicity is beautiful, and to add to that the speed of which you are developing it... and lastly the features you add.  You seem to hit everything on the head.  No jazzy flashy (but useless or rarely used) features -- just things we all seem to need, its fantastic.  Please continue the trend of success.

Regards

@Tylian!:

> @Harris:
>
> > Epic, how do you make stuff like that?
>
> Abusing glow, drop shadows and stroke in many ways their not suppose to be used.

Here Emblem try some of this kool-aid!  ;)

@mcvizzle:

> Robin, do you anticipate maps we create in 1.0.3 will be compatible in what you are conjuring up for your new and improved map for the next release?
>
> Can you give me a tip of the hat if I should perhaps wait a bit before any serious mapping and maybe focus on other aspects in the meantime?

I'm pretty sure the maps will not be compatible with the next release as he is doing major changes to the map editor currently.

My advice, you should try some semi-serious mapping anyway. Like I tell everyone, it does not hurt to have to remap your gameworld, if it's in the alpha stages (as you have the time to spend mapping). This will give mappers practice and improve the quality of your game on beta or gold releases.

They're already incompatible as I added directional blocking.

The changes to the map editor shouldn't really change the map UDT much. It's mainly just changing the layout to be more user-friendly, adding new tools such as the eye-drop and fill tool and the like.

I suggest you use Origins to mess around and have some fun in, but don't make a serious project unless you know how to convert data until I release a milestone release.

@Tylian!:

> @Harris:
>
> > Epic, how do you make stuff like that?
>
> Abusing glow, drop shadows and stroke in many ways their not suppose to be used.

Don't worry, its just an early draft.

But yes, using things differently from their original intention is a way to discover new styles.

Paperdoll Bug Found

Okay if a player goes onto a map with out ever metting you, the first time they met you, you will be naked. Then if you equip something and they see you and leave map and you equip something else and follow they will not see your new equipment only the old.

Example

Robin comes to my map see me I have a blue shirt on but im naked on robins screen. I take off and re-equip the blue shirt Now robin can see the blue shirt. Robin walks to next map. I equip Red shirt and follow. Robin sees me still in blue shrit. I unequip red shirt and re-equip and now robin sees me in the red shirt.

no problem I was testing offline on network and noticed it :P

EDIT

Found another bug

the drawing on paperdoll is messed up

it draws armor over weapons. another simple fix just thought i would let you know.

and if you dont understand what i mean , when i equip a long weapon like a sword and some armor the sword appears to go into the player and come out the other end instead of the armor under the weapon.

That's not a bug, it's just how I programmed it.

I can't possibly create a render order which meets everyone's requirements so I just added a basic render order which you'll need to tweak yourself to suit your own graphics.