Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Viking's Monster Graphics

zade_o

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's screaming out for some depth. It definitely needs some definition around the back of the tentacles, and perhaps some highlights. The palette isn't bad, but perhaps try for some hue blending? The water ripples should be animated too, with perhaps even some of the kraken visible under the water. And some of the outlines should be darker, especially where the tentacles are over another.

Don't let all the criticism make your effort look bad by the way. It does look pretty good.

Here is a very quick and rough edit to help show you what I mean.

![](http://i46.tinypic.com/5bcww1.png)

Note the hue blending, increased contrast, and texture, that I pointed out that it could use. Yes, brown does look a bit weird, but I was curious to see what it looks like. xD

Along with Kreator's idea I would like to suggest maybe making the back tentacles darker seeing as they are farther back. Also, the animation seems very bland. I know you can only have two things or whatever, but tentacles just going up and down isn't very octopus/squid like. They're supposed to jiggle, jaggle, and dare I say it, get funky.

Damnit kreator…. after i save that image please delete so nobody sees the much better improvement haha.

Thanks for an example of a better texture though, i didn't know where to go with that. and i like the hue blending idea.

i was reluctant on adding any animation because none of that was final anyways, i know the ripple is hideous, i just wanted to show it was in the water, i think i am going to put a shadow underneath, like make the water darker.

Thanks everyone!

It looks quite nice… what Kreator sayed, because not agreeing with him is heresy...
not how I would imagine a Kraken... but I don't mind. Also - for a Viking game you should make trolls and ice giants with epic beards... not some punny calmars... Vikings should eat them as an appetizer.

oh there's gonna be plenty of stuff like that. I'm still debating on making the Kraken bigger. and I tried to make it as scary looking as an octopus can be. i also want to try to stick to mythology, and idk if the kraken is even in norse mythology but he totally fits lol.

next up is fenrir though. after i finalize this guy. i like the ice giants idea, i may use that!

also, fyi, the water for the kraken area will be darker, i just haven't made those tiles yet.

Ddunit, I started all my graphics over.

I'm gonna scrap this boss for now though because through doing some more reading about the norse mythology, i was correct in assuming there is no big role from a kraken. However there is a giant serpent so I'm gonna start with him and use some of your tips Kreator.

Alright dude, it looks nice, after the updated texture, try adding some more frames to it, like try to see if maybe you could make it have more of a floating in the water feel.. It's kinda hard to explain, but.. I guess try and give the water around it's head, and the front tenticals like shake some, to give it a more realistic feel, you know?

![](http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9253/jormangund.png)

Alright, so I started the serpent, trying to use some of the tips from you Kreator. I can't really tell if I like this color pallete or not, or if it's the texture and not the color pallete that looks off.

Any tips from anyone on this so far?

@Ghost:

> ![](http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9253/jormangund.png)
>
> Alright, so I started the serpent, trying to use some of the tips from you Kreator. I can't really tell if I like this color pallete or not, or if it's the texture and not the color pallete that looks off.
>
> Any tips from anyone on this so far?

Well, All i can offer is this.
Make sure its eyes are some what scary, to a kid.
Dont try to hard, or else you might show it.
Keep the ..wings..? symmetrical, considering the face is.
Add scars if you like visual looks.. xD
-not  feeling very helpful-

Looks great so far.

![](http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3748/differentjorgandungs.gif)

4 different images, roommate said my texture was too choppy so i tried making less texture, and i changed the fin things to more like spikes to make it look a little more vicious than pokemon-y.

the animation goes through all 4 combinations. what looks best?
(bear in mind that if i include the spikes, i will make more of them look like they are connecting to his head instead of leaving them all behind his head)

yeah that's what I thought, which is why i went to the color scheme on the first page.

I can't seem to get a decent "little hint" of green =/

Oh and wraith, i'm not even sure i'm going to use eclipse to make this game. not even 100% sure it's going to be multiplayer. we'll see.