Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Official H17 Thread

Alster

The photoshop skillz is awesome here. I think what hes trying to say, use a greenscreen, use the select color feature in photoshop, it will remove the green background and leave, in this case, you.

Oh, and the drummer is okay, the actual tracks are.. not that good imo. I listened through the first seconds on The Kill and some minutes of Nirvana.

@Lukin:

> The photoshop skillz is awesome here. I think what hes trying to say, use a greenscreen, use the select color feature in photoshop, it will remove the green background and leave, in this case, you.
>
> Oh, and the drummer is okay, the actual tracks are.. not that good imo. I listened through the first seconds on The Kill and some minutes of Nirvana.

Yeh I didn't have a green screen to hand.

My drummer is really pissed at you now. Lol.

@IceCream:

> LUL LUL LUL listen.. Sorry but.. You REALLY need to get a different singer.. or.. change singing style to screaming.. cause.. Who ever is singing The Kill.. is no good.

I sadly agree, I couldn't bare listening 10 seconds throughout the song after he started singing :(

@Lukin:

> @IceCream:
>
> > LUL LUL LUL listen.. Sorry but.. You REALLY need to get a different singer.. or.. change singing style to screaming.. cause.. Who ever is singing The Kill.. is no good.
>
> I sadly agree, I couldn't bare listening 10 seconds throughout the song after he started singing :(

Yeh, I have to agree with you. We're going to re-record it when our drummer's throat has cleared up (he couldn't sing on the day).

Practice more before putting up stuff like that on the net…no one in the band plays the same tempo...my ears bleed right now. All i can say is: do it and do it again..over and over and ov..you get the idea. I myself have played (drums) in a band for 15 years now and i dont even think we are good :)

@Godlord:

> @lollicat:
>
> > My ears are bleeding. Dear god, please remind me next time NOT to listen to amateur bands.
>
> Hi, this is a reminder. You ought not to listen to amateur bands.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

I recall this is a bit late, as he already did.

@Ddunit:

> @Godlord:
>
> > @lollicat:
> >
> > > My ears are bleeding. Dear god, please remind me next time NOT to listen to amateur bands.
> >
> > Hi, this is a reminder. You ought not to listen to amateur bands.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Godlord.
>
> I recall this is a bit late, as he already did.

Oh, shit.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I think that Smells Like Teen Spirit is really good but I agree with that The Kill could use a few adjustments to it, the instruments were good but they just need to work on the singing a bit and point out which songs your criticising because I think Smels Like Teen Spirit is really good.  :cheesy:

1) i gotta say it, i gotta….you look freakin queer with that mask....i'm sorry. but really lose the mask.

2) toooooo many f-ups in Smells Like Teen Spirit to put that online. Just sounds like a kid learning guitar. P.S. has your guitarist heard of palm mutes?

3) I couldn't listen far enough into the kill to comment much.... ow.

@Sir:

> @Ddunit:
>
> > @Godlord:
> >
> > > @lollicat:
> > >
> > > > My ears are bleeding. Dear god, please remind me next time NOT to listen to amateur bands.
> > >
> > > Hi, this is a reminder. You ought not to listen to amateur bands.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >   Godlord.
> >
> > I recall this is a bit late, as he already did.
>
> Oh, shit.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Yes.  That.

@Ghost:

> 1) I gotta say it, I gotta….you look freakin queer with that mask....I'm sorry. but really lose the mask.
>
> 2) toooooo many f-ups in Smells Like Teen Spirit to put that online. Just sounds like a kid learning guitar. P.S. has your guitarist heard of palm mutes?
>
> 3) I couldn't listen far enough into the kill to comment much.... ow.

Name all the f-ups please because I couldn't recall any except from the solo which where there was a slight mess up (Smells Like Teen Spirit) but I think in The Kill the instruments were good but the singing needed some work, you don't have to go "Oh my ears are bleeding" That just makes them feel bad, give them some good advice on how to improve and that would motivate them to maybe play better music.

I think in The Kill the instruments were good but the singing needed some work, you don't have to go "Oh my ears are bleeding" That just makes them feel bad, give them some good advice on how to improve and that would motivate them to maybe play better music.  :cheesy:
Reply Quote Notify

- well there's numerous times he should've muted the strings and played a scratch note, basically the whole song

- his bends in the beginning are wretched.

- I'm a good 90% sure his guitar isn't tuned right or he's playing the wrong notes

- Somewhere around like 40 seconds in, the main riff sounds worse than normal for some reason

- There's roughly 5 screw ups in the solo, not to mention it's very choppy, almost sounds staccato

- There's a screw up coming out of the solo

Like i said, it sounds like a little kid learning to play guitar and playing his first song

There's a few mess ups in the Kill too, but it's hardly noticeable through the dying cat vocals.
I don't mean to be too harsh, it's just that stuff like this shouldn't be on the internet except on funny youtube videos. They need to practice more and sound better before putting stuff in the public eye and advertising it.

@Ghost:

> - well there's numerous times he should've muted the strings and played a scratch note, basically the whole song
>
> - his bends in the beginning are wretched.
>
> - I'm a good 90% sure his guitar isn't tuned right or he's playing the wrong notes
>
> - Somewhere around like 40 seconds in, the main riff sounds worse than normal for some reason
>
> - There's roughly 5 screw ups in the solo, not to mention it's very choppy, almost sounds staccato
>
> - There's a screw up coming out of the solo
>
> Like I said, it sounds like a little kid learning to play guitar and playing his first song
>
> There's a few mess ups in the Kill too, but it's hardly noticeable through the dying cat vocals.
> I don't mean to be too harsh, it's just that stuff like this shouldn't be on the internet except on funny youtube videos. They need to practice more and sound better before putting stuff in the public eye and advertising it.

So your saying in Smells Like Teen Spirit that only the Guitarist messed up in that song? And I will agree with you the sound he put on his voice in The Kill made it sound not so good and I think it would of sounded better without the effect and I think the drums and bass were excellent in The Kill but they did to some tiny mistakes and the Guitarist did really good in the song but unfortunatley he did make a few cock ups but overall in The Kill I think the instruments did well but just they just need to work on the singer but Zero3X said their Drummer had a sore throat that day, so let's wait to see what he sounds like. Write back what you think about it.