Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Paying] Someone to be my paperdoll developer

therehere3

Hello there!

If you are good at making paperdolls, I have items that I would love to be paperdolled.

My business that I want:

1) I give you sprites of items

2) You create paperdolls of them

3) You give them to me, I test them

4) You get paid $0.10 each paperdoll created

If you are interested and can do this very frequently, please reply with your skype and I will add you asap :)

I think you're wrong there, some "artists" will do that deal, only problem is, they won't be artists - lmao.

Even if you were a speed demon motherfucker, keyboard shortcutting through a pd every 5 minutes, you're still only earning like, $1.20 p/hour.

> I'd suggest raising the amount you'd pay them to at least $1-3 per paperdoll. I'm not much of a paperdoller but from other prices on the forum it seems somewhat reasonable.

No way in hell should a simple paperdoll be $1 per paperdoll.. I guess I am just going to have to do them myself since it only takes me about 1minute per paperdoll….

> No way in hell should a simple paperdoll be $1 per paperdoll.. I guess I am just going to have to do them myself since it only takes me about 1minute per paperdoll….

Be sure to post the result. I wanna see the result of one minute's worth of effort.

> I think this is what he means by a "paperdoll" done in a minute.
>
>  
>
> ![](http://i.imgur.com/rXcE1dR.png)

Yes, you are still being kind of ripped off. It should be at-least $0.50 per paperdoll if you are repositioning each frame.

> No way in hell should a simple paperdoll be $1 per paperdoll.. I guess I am just going to have to do them myself since it only takes me about 1minute per paperdoll….

Paperdolls take quite a bit longer than one minute of work. It took me at least 10-15 minutes just to make an axe paperdoll and properly line it up with the sprite. So even $1 is still pretty low. Thats about $4 an hour and in that hour I could make double working at a fast food restaurant.

> Paperdolls take quite a bit longer than one minute of work. It took me at least 10-15 minutes just to make an axe paperdoll and properly line it up with the sprite. So even $1 is still pretty low. Thats about $4 an hour and in that hour I could make double working at a fast food restaurant.

Whilst I entirely agree with your opinion on this topic,  I don't think one can substitute a real job with taking pixel art commissions.

Thing is, you not only need to spend time cutting properly according to the position, occasionally redraw them depending on the equipment, but you also need to position it well, and then test it.

Also, 1$ is not a lot of money, if you can't scratch up more than a budget of 20$ then why even bother getting someone to do it?

> Yes that's exactly what I meant.
>
> What better form of paperdolls is there?
>
> Can I see a better paperdoll of this then?

This is one of my sprites.

![](http://i.imgur.com/PKYi1OH.png)

Good paperdolls look natural. The paperdoll you want just looks like a sword floating in front of him.

Instead of just copy-pasting the same weapon over and over for each frame, I actually redraw the weapon for each frame.

A sword in an idle position is different than a sword in a moving position.

> This is one of my sprites.
>
>  
>
> ![](http://i.imgur.com/PKYi1OH.png)
>
>  
>
> Good paperdolls look natural. The paperdoll you want just looks like a sword floating in front of him.
>
>  
>
> Instead of just copy-pasting the same weapon over and over for each frame, I actually redraw the weapon for each frame.
>
>  
>
> A sword in an idle position is different than a sword in a moving position.

I literally see no different from your paperdolls than this one:

![](http://i.imgur.com/rXcE1dR.png)

Except for the front walking one of course since that one looks like crap however all the other ways (left, right, up) looks perfect.

Your paperdolls doesn't look far off this one. Only difference is your front draw is different.

And I see your shield paperdoll is offset alittle becuase the shield is cut-off a little on the right. (just incase you didn't catch that. just being helpful not rude)