Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favor The Gods

Mikekan13

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. So I cleaned up the outlines a bit and came up with three different versions. I am not sure which to use though. I am leaning towards number 2\. Help me out and tell me what you guys think is the best one.

Votes:
#1: 0
#2: 0
#3: 1

Number 3, seeing as all the required edges are shaded, although would it be possible to see how it would affect multiple blocks stacked on top of each other? Or does it not really change?

Thanks,

Lightning

I feel like if you had one of the outlines actually be lighter then the block instead of darker it would make it stand out more and make it seem more realistic because it would make the fact that there is a lightsource more visible.

^@above:
@Mikekan13:

> Anywho! If you are interested in helping with the pre-alpha then send me a pm on here with a short description of yourself, specs of your computer, connection speed. What area of the world you live in would be nice too. Not sure how many people will be interested in this so I am going to try and screen it a bit and get a broad range of cpu types and locations.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is the state of things:  I'm going to stop trying to fool myself and do this game right. I am going to start over. (last time. I swear!). Stephan is going to be making an Eclipse C engine; So this is a great time for me to learn C and make a game worthy of my aspirations. This is a set back but I don't think it will be long before I can get back to where I was. FtG was never suited for vb6 or any other high level language. It was me being lazy and I should have just done it right to begin with. Live and learn. While I am learning C syntax and waiting for Stephan to release some kind of alpha I will work on the art work for FtG. I will be releasing the vb6 alpha just so people can see where I was going. I might even release the source. I will set up some kind of open server in the next week or so. My wife is actually being induced today or I would set something up this week. (second boy). Bringing a big fat book on C programming to the hospital.  ;)

> Awesome News! I thought this was gonna be a game in the trash. :/
>
> But anyways, that's cool to hear.

The only way FtG will ever be trashed is if I die.

> Hope you keep us updated with the graphics, while waiting for the C Eclipse

I will. Trying to convince a buddy of mine to help me with some of the art so as to speed along the process. I'm not sure what the time frame on Eclipse C will be like but hopefully I can have a big chunk of the graphics done when I start working on the new engine.

Side Note:
If anyone is a C developer or knows a C developer who is looking for a serious project to be apart of then please drop me a line at my email ([email protected]). I'm not expecting anyone to do all the work or even the bulk of it, but It would be helpful to have someone experienced to be able to help alleviate the burden.

• 2 weeks later...
> Nice looking stairs i like the wood and stone textures.

Thanks.

Now that my second son is born and life is getting back to normal–as normal as it can get with no sleep--I am refocusing my game designs for FtG and preparing to make the leap into coding this bad boy in C. I am waiting for some more news about Stephan's rumored C eclipse and focusing more time to artwork. I will show some of it as I complete it and some I will keep under wraps. The screen shots I have now is getting closer to my desired look but still a ways off. I might make a quick mock-up shot so you can get a sense of what I envision the final product to look like. Other than that I will just plug the sprites into the old vb6 engine and show the screens from that until I can get a working C engine to show off.

I know this kind of sucks and I hate the delay more than anyone but I wan't FtG to succeed and be done right. Because of this big jump back I am trying to find one or two people to join me. I am usually against teams but I don't want this to take more than a year to get into a stable beta. If you are completely serious or know someone who might be interested then please send me an email at [email protected] or pm me here. Please have experience in programming if you contact me. I might also be looking for an animator/spriter if they can match my style and work quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't know if you have had a thought about this already, since you're the only player of your game so far. But what will happen when your blocks are cutaway because you're inside your outpost, and someone uses the stairs to get on top of it? Will that player get cutaway as well? Or will he/she float?