Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favor The Gods

Mikekan13

Here is a little Wip. Gives you an idea how the menus are being handled.  The tablet will be able to be docked on top, bottom, or either side of the screen. The tablet although used for navigating things like inventory and building menus, will also be used for other things; things I won't disclose about the tablet right now. I will say that it won't be just the interface you use to play the game.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xD I wasn't talking about the GUI, I can tell what that means.
I mean the tiles in the background with the boards.  Like, the stairs and stuff.  Near the top left there's a lot of it.  I hope you get what I mean.

> xD I wasn't talking about the GUI, I can tell what that means.
> I mean the tiles in the background with the boards.  Like, the stairs and stuff.  Near the top left there's a lot of it.  I hope you get what I mean.

Ok. Although I wouldn't worry about it. There will be many different kinds of wood tiles and they will be different hues and such.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is very nice looking and extremely unique, I hope to get to play alpha or beta test if the offer still stands. I'm curious though what does it mean to "ascend past the gods"? In other words characters could become god-likes or something spiritual? I see also there are two distinct sides showing a chaotic nature god versus (I'd imagine) an orderly machine god. If say a person were to ascend just as high as the other gods, would they be able to become the kind of god he or she wanted? Rather take to nature another god takes towards shadows or light?

@Resaberus:

> This is very nice looking and extremely unique, I hope to get to play alpha or beta test if the offer still stands. I'm curious though what does it mean to "ascend past the gods"? In other words characters could become god-likes or something spiritual? I see also there are two distinct sides showing a chaotic nature god versus (I'd imagine) an orderly machine god. If say a person were to ascend just as high as the other gods, would they be able to become the kind of god he or she wanted? Rather take to nature another god takes towards shadows or light?

The two gods are the only gods that still exist during the time of the game.

The way the god system works is once you become enlightened in a plane (server/shard) you are bestowed a rare "god power" tied to that server. Then your character can choose another plane to exist in–with the ability to phase in and out of each plane he has become enlightened in. There is more to it but I don't wish to reveal any more at this time. There is no white or black simply gaining of power. How you use that power would be up to you. Note many players might never become enlightened in even one plane let alone all of them. Now to lead this into something I have been thinking about lately:

I have a tremendously large back story/side story that I have been debating on putting into a single player experience. Since I am sort of in a mode of stasis, waiting on Stephan's engine, I could use my current engine and strip it of the multiplayer and focus on some AI/story to make a prequel to the actual MMO. I would have about 2 or 3 months to work on this little project if I decide to do this.

Awesome to hear, what exactly however, is the significance of your friends engine? What'll it mean when you do it with the single player? Multiplayer be ousted? Or is it just for alpha gameplay? How far away is it from the original MMO compared to going to the single player?

• 1 month later...
Just letting everyone know I am working on FtG more and more recently. Probably will have some steady work flow until summer and then I will be out of action for a few months. Mostly working on graphics and will probably update the Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Favor-The-Gods/143308545712373](http://www.facebook.com/pages/Favor-The-Gods/143308545712373) a bit more regularly. I haven't heard anything in regards to  Stephan's C libraries and so I am contemplating alternatives for the engine. Also, check out the Facebook for the final style of blocks. I will be posting a block a day on Facebook for fun. Planning on writing up a little explanation on my item system that I call "elemental composition" (basically everything in the game is made up of natural and unnatural elements–much like the real world.)

Edit: Also been working on world generation code and since I suck at coding the results have been sub par but I did have a weird occurrence where it created a sweet tunnel.(I haven't done any type of tunnels or cave generation in the code so this is just some kind of random luck.) I did notice that navigating is a bit hard when under blocks. Might need a better way of defining what is above and around you. Haven't thought of a good way to do it yet so I am open to suggestions. I also can't wait to start making plants--so barren. :)

>! ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/Mikekan13/weirdtunnel.png)
green arrow is the path it took me under the earth.

@Eckhart:

> There's too much going on in the graphics. It's going to confuse the user, and even might hurt some peoples' eyes.

Although I think I might have the sharpness and brightness level a bit high I don't think there is too much going on. Honestly the final product will have much more going on when the grass is different heights and objects and items are added in. I don't see how visual variety will confuse the user. I am playing with the outlines and highlights to eliminate height confusion if that is what you mean.

>! ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/Mikekan13/grass.png)

@MrMiguu:

> /thinksthegrassoutlinelooksawkward

I agree. Haven't figured out the grass yet.

@ZoSo:

> the blocks are to big in height, i find that ugly. I also dont like the black border around the tiles, otherwise they're pretty.

The block height isn't likely going to change. The character is a stand-in and will be taller but the blocks are the size I want them. I would prefer to not use the black lines either but they are necessary to help determine cliff edges and height. Without them it can be a bit confusing navigating. I may have an option to turn them off or change their opacity though. 

On another note my computer died. I'm using my wife's laptop and I doubt she will allow me to put Photoshop and other shit on here. Luckily It is tax return season and I am going to get a new rig which should help considering my old PC is a dell from like 2004.