Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Robin] Dx8

Mikekan13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why everyone is wating more and more, EO 1.0 is awesome the programming is quick and easy, if you want a DX8 engine code one yourself, if robin can do it, it can't be that hard at all. Elandor Chronicles is getting a special version of EO which might possibly be in DX8 but apart from that just keep customizing EO, also whats so good about DX8 over DX7 anyways?

@Opportune:

> I don't understand why everyone is wating more and more, EO 1.0 is awesome the programming is quick and easy, if you want a DX8 engine code one yourself, if robin can do it, it can't be that hard at all. Elandor Chronicles is getting a special version of EO which might possibly be in DX8 but apart from that just keep customizing EO, also whats so good about DX8 over DX7 anyways?

Alpha blending ?

I am working on a hybrid dd/dx8 engine but I would still love to see what robin did with his. It's always great to have a second view on doing something.

Edit: Robin laughed. That has to be a good thing right? I mean usually it is just a "No" so a "Lol" has to at least be the equivalent of a maybe not tomorrow but definitely not possible could be certainly not a week.

Pretty sure robin does have the Dx8 version mainly done and working(I think I remember testing something that had fog/alpha blending in it from Robin). But is keeping it for his game, which he should. EO was enough to give out, he shouldn't be handing out every engine/code he makes to everyone… If he made a Dx8 version for his game let him keep his and make your own if you want.

Lies! I think Robin should be considered an Open Source Person. That's OSP for short. Anything he does or says should be available to the public. This is the only way for true global harmony. If you disagree then you will be assimilated and your parts will be used to feed the Robin.

I actually laughed because I released a DX8 engine years ago. Everything I make ends up as open-source, as you all know.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/login.png)

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/gui-1.png)

> Anything he does or says should be available to the public.

Everything I've ever made is open-source and fully available to the public. You just need to look around a bit harder.

No idea. Dmitry had a huge backup of all the ancient source codes over at Echostorms. Fairly sure he sold the site to that dick of a person Robert, though. If so, you won't be finding any of my work there any more.

Anyway, you don't want to use that dx8 code. It's ancient and ugly. I have a much more sleek dx8 class that I use now-a-days, based upon Emily's work which is itself based upon Monoxide's work.

It's pretty much the dx8 equivalent to how I've set up dd7\. The only reason I don't use it very much is because of the horrible texture size restriction.

It's worth it if you're willing to work on it. I simply think it's not fit for public consumption when I'd need to set up a sprite editor and all that jazz to get dynamic sizes working with it.

There's also the very, very annoying +1 width/height bug which comes with the way vertices are set up which always drives me insane.

Honestly, I'd prefer to write a dx9 engine from scratch in C than use VB6's dx8.