Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wii to PS3 or 360!?!?

Ok heres the story. I have a Nintendo Wii. I love it and I think it is a really good system, however I have always been a little skeptical. Originally I had the decision to buy any of the three systems and I decided to go with the Wii. At the time, the Wii just came out, and the hype about the motion controller was really appealing. Also, I was not a big fan of Xbox, and the PS3 game development was EXTREMELY SLOW! I have always been a Playstation fan at heart, and actually sold all of my PS2 stuff to have money towards my Wii.

Now, I am very disappointed with the path the Wii took. Sure there are some good sequal games that were and are going to be released, but I feel like the Wii games in general are lacking extremely.

Anyway, I am asking the Eclipse community to help me make a decision!

Should I stick with the Wii, not only because I have alread invested a ton of money on games and stuff but simply because of the fact that the few good games that are out for the Wii are worth keeping the system…

Or should I work on trading in my Wii to invest into another system?

Please don't just respond with get the "PS3" because its better. I need really convincing facts to help me make my decision.

P.S. Although the Wii is big into motion controlling, I won't even consider purchasing a system because of kinect or PS3 move.

PLEASE HELP ME SETTLE MY SKEPTICISM AND MAKE A DECISION! THANK YOU!

EDIT: AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE LONGEVITY OF THE SYSTEM THE RECOMMEND THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! (SUCH AS DISCUSSION OF NEW SYSTEMS, ETC.) IF I SWITCH I AM LOOKING AT KEEPING THE PRODUCT FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's kinda what I was leaning towards. It just sucks that the new PS3s are not backwards compatable otherwise I'd rebuy all the games I loved for the ps2 (as much of a waste of money that would be  :rolleyes:)

Ok so thats one for the PS3…

...anyone else?

Haha I was considering that Robin. Ain't it a damn shame that back in the day ps2 was $200\. I think video game addictions are the most expensive habbits to have. I would much rather spend my time doing cocaine. Its cheaper anyway  ;D

ok so thats 2 for a new system…

PS3 if you can find the first generation on ebay you will be able to play PS2 games. But down flaw is the power supply in the old first gen PS3\. For the 360 the newest one looks pretty solid. They finally added in wireless connection to internet. The whole new Kentic or what ever Microsoft calls it is a big fail right now. They only pushed out some basic games that the ps3 and the wii already have for motion control through camera.

If I was you I'd choose the PS3\. As of right now its a little better than the 360.

I got a pre-owned first generation PS3 and I love it to bits. Hasn't once given me a bit of trouble, either. I'd say if you can find one, grab it. Otherwise, compare the system-exclusive games for the PS3 and the 360 and figure which is more suited to you. Personally I think they're both great, but I only had the money for one so I went PS3\. I have a ton of friends with the 360 anyway, so I can play it at their place.

Also, PS3 plays bluray discs, which is great if you have a high-def TV.

thank you all who are swaying me towards the PS3! I really think that is the direction I am going to head towards. Like I said I love the wii and all, but I feel like the current and upcoming games including the new zelda might let me down. And that's too much for my little heart to take.  :lipsrsealed:

anyone else suggest anything before I make a decision?

ALSO, ANYONE WHO HAS A PS3 OR XBOX HAVE ANY GAMES THEY WOULD RECOMMEND (NOT JUST TO PLAY BUT ALSO TO HELP CHOOSE WHICH SYSTEM?!)

I'm a big fan of Little Big Planet, though maybe that's just me :3
Also, Heavenly Sword is epic, Lair is cool, and of course there's Rock Band and the current Guitar Hero's that have the whole band set up.

Actually…
if you get a PS3 and guitar hero 5 or later, let me know! We can totally do multiplayer! :D

What i would do is Sell ur wii, And games I sold All my stuff to my neighber The system With The game i bought on it Were Around 150$ he gave me then My external Ones (CD's) Were like 40$ There was 4 CDs i think i dont remember what they Were i bought It like 2 years ago, It got a little old For me i sold it 1 year ago The only thing i have now is the Computer, Ive never been a fan of that kind of Corporate America Stuff.

@Sauvus:

> What I would do is Sell ur wii, And games I sold All my stuff to my neighber The system With The game I bought on it Were Around 150$ he gave me then My external Ones (CD's) Were like 40$ There was 4 CDs I think I dont remember what they Were I bought It like 2 years ago, It got a little old For me I sold it 1 year ago The only thing I have now is the Computer, Ive never been a fan of that kind of Corporate America Stuff.

Lay off the crack.

@Robin:

> @Sauvus:
>
> > What I would do is Sell ur wii, And games I sold All my stuff to my neighber The system With The game I bought on it Were Around 150$ he gave me then My external Ones (CD's) Were like 40$ There was 4 CDs I think I dont remember what they Were I bought It like 2 years ago, It got a little old For me I sold it 1 year ago The only thing I have now is the Computer, Ive never been a fan of that kind of Corporate America Stuff.
>
> Lay off the crack.

iseewhatudidthar

Do some research on the games for the system, if you just looks for opinions for the console you could end up having a new console with no games worth playing.
If none of the games for PS3 or 360 appeal to you then it would be better to stick with the Wii.

PS3!!!! I had a first gen ps3 and it got the ylod. I refluxed the chip several times and got maybe 4 extra months out of it but it finally died. I miss it so much. I wish I had some extra money to get one. PS3 is the best. Blu-ray player, free online gaming, rechargeable controllers out of the box, bluetooth headset, plus not to mention the move is way more Precise than kinect or wii. Oh and did I mention - Demon's Souls: The best  game to come out in a long ass time. I love that game. On my list of top 5 best games ever.

Okay here's the thing. If you enjoy playing online then I recommend going with the Xbox 360, seeing as they own the online community of online gaming. Yes I know that some games don't come out for the xbox, but for the ps3, but whoopy do da, most of the games that are on both are more popular on the xbox for the community has always been thriving. Sure it's not free, but hell you get some sweet features. If you decide for a ps3, jailbreak it. You can run homebrew and download games straight to a hard drive and play them. If you go with an xbox 360, you can jtag or flash the drive to play burnt games as well. But that's only if you want to take the risk of getting banned. Both have pros and cons, but I consider myself an xbox 360 fan boy. I don't mod either. But hell if you want cheap games, I'm all for it.

I'm getting PS3, main reason is that I realy don't like Mircosoft… for example xboxlive is not avalible in my country, it will be turned on for us this year, or at least that's what they said. But the final factor are games, I'll just make a rundown of games that I would like to play and the console that has more of them wins.

Yeah I have done some research and I did find some games that would make the PS3 worth while. But I see where Soi is coming from. Online games are huge (and probably will eventually completely overtake "adventure modes" so online I suppose is a big aspect.) And for all the stuff xbox live offers, I suppose its worth the year's payment.

Any other suggestions???….

As of know I'm pricing out all of my gear. I know for sure that I am getting rid of my wii, I just need to be definite on what gaming system to get.

Wow… I was having this same dilemma last year. I'd have to go with the PS3\. Not only does it have free online and a blu-ray player (for those of you with TVs that can actually utilize blu-ray), but it has a lot of games I enjoy, including the Ratchet & Clank series and Little Big Planet. I've never really been a fan of the 360 (and definitely not a fan of its predecessor). I've found a lot of their "big hit" games to be rather average games, or better when played on PC.

Oh, and even though I solved the dilemma last year, I have no money and my gf found her ps2, so we haven't bought it.

@dreadhead:

> Yeah I have done some research and I did find some games that would make the PS3 worth while. But I see where Soi is coming from. Online games are huge (and probably will eventually completely overtake "adventure modes" so online I suppose is a big aspect.) And for all the stuff xbox live offers, I suppose its worth the year's payment.
>
> Any other suggestions???….
>
> As of know I'm pricing out all of my gear. I know for sure that I am getting rid of my wii, I just need to be definite on what gaming system to get.

Both XBOX360 and PS3 are great.Wii sucks.I have one.ITS THE WORST THING I HAVE BOUGHT.Dont buy a wii.