• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wii to PS3 or 360!?!?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I craigslisted my wii and everything and I already have people asking. If all goes well I should have a ps3 within a month!  :azn:

I will definitely be looking into games for it soon. I already checked out little big planet and it looks really cool!

Anyone else suggest any games worthwhile? How about mod nation racer? it looks interesting…

@Kusy:

> @Bobosk:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > Wii can already be emulated. PS3 and Xbawks360 can't.
> >
> > I smell Robin's next project :D
>
> I don't.

haha…

IDK I looked into them and had a heart to heart conversation with myself about the upcoming titles being worth it. Obviously the only reason I got a Wii in the first place was for the new upcoming zelda. However, even though it is supposed to be the predecessor of ocarina of time, and it will lead into it, I feel it won't be ABSOLUTELY WORTH hanging on to the Wii. Plus, Robin is correct. I have tried out a Wii Emulation, and with technology where you can sync your wiimote with your comp, why not save the $200.

@ग्वेन्दलिन:

> thorn speaks the truth! console's are the worst thing to play FPS on!

Go away, we don't listen to girls.

@Kusy:

> Also, why did you got rid of the Wii? Considering how many ducking awesome exclusives are comming out for it next year - it was stupid.

One word, Kirby's Epic Yarn.

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=65141.msg699231#msg699231 date=1286260417]
> @ग्वेन्दलिन:
>
> > thorn speaks the truth! console's are the worst thing to play FPS on!
>
> Go away, we don't listen to girls.

Actually, I'd have to agree. I really don't understand the appeal of console FPSs. Hell, that's one of the biggest reasons I never bothered with MW2; it was a port, not from PC to console as per usual, but from console to PC. The developer boasted that you'd be able to change the resolution on PC. Seriously, wtf?

The thing consoles do best are action-adventure, non-action adventure, and rpgs (imo). Leave the FPSs and RTSs to the PC.

@[Cake:

> In7el3ct link=topic=65141.msg699238#msg699238 date=1286264533]
> @«:
>
> > [»Wolf «][» link=topic=65141.msg699231#msg699231 date=1286260417]
> > @ग्वेन्दलिन:
> >
> > > thorn speaks the truth! console's are the worst thing to play FPS on!
> >
> > Go away, we don't listen to girls.
>
> Actually, I'd have to agree. I really don't understand the appeal of console FPSs. Hell, that's one of the biggest reasons I never bothered with MW2; it was a port, not from PC to console as per usual, but from console to PC. The developer boasted that you'd be able to change the resolution on PC. Seriously, wtf?
>
> The thing consoles do best are action-adventure, non-action adventure, and rpgs (imo). Leave the FPSs and RTSs to the PC.

Oh no, I agree with her. It's just I dont listen to her.

Also, you're saying Dragon Age and NwNs are/would be better on a console? That seems silly considering how they are done. Games with a task bar at the bottom for quick access to stuff are PC friendly by far. Also, I just think all RPG's are PC. FPS. RTS. MMORPG. You get the picture.

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=65141.msg699268#msg699268 date=1286292090]
> Oh no, I agree with her. It's just I dont listen to her.
>
> Also, you're saying Dragon Age and NwNs are/would be better on a console? That seems silly considering how they are done. Games with a task bar at the bottom for quick access to stuff are PC friendly by far. Also, I just think all RPG's are PC. FPS. RTS. MMORPG. You get the picture.

Oh no, definetly not. I'm thinking more of games like FF6 or Earthbound. Action RPGs, such as NwN or Diablo style RPGs are way better with mouse and keyboard, if not mandatory. The point is, consoles and PCs have different styles, different genres they're good at.

I always thought the appeal of a console was that you could just pick it up and play. You can't seem to do that any more. You need to install a game, download the patches, connect to some centralised server and all that jazz.

I'd rather pick up an old mega drive and a copy of Sonic 2 and play that. ;D

@Robin:

> I always thought the appeal of a console was that you could just pick it up and play. You can't seem to do that any more. You need to install a game, download the patches, connect to some centralised server and all that jazz.
>
> I'd rather pick up an old mega drive and a copy of Sonic 2 and play that. ;D

Agreed. This is probably one of the biggest reasons I've stopped playing console games. That, and the fact that every time I get one, someone in my family takes it away. My parents have my wii, my sister had the Sega, my brother has the N64, my cousins "borrowed" our SNES, broke it, then pawned it off…