Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wii to PS3 or 360!?!?

I prefer consoles for fps (and most games)
I am more comfortable with a controller, its more relaxed and comfortable. I played Shadowrun, which was cross platform between consoles and pc, and while pc you have a little more control perhaps when it comes to fine tuning your aim, you have more freedom of movment with a console.

And a good shooter is based on tactics, not just aim. you can be a crack shot all you want, but I can run and gun.
I owned on shadowrun, even against pc teams

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont use auto aim.
And I always play on whatever "hardcore" version a fps has.

Currently playing Battlefield Bad Company two, and STARTED with hardcore mode. No Hud, no ammo indicator, nothing. Never even tried it with hud.

Hardcore ftw (or whatever equivilent a game may have)

It was tested before. People playing FPS cassualy, usualy with lower difficulty settings - just to chill out can stand against tournament players from consoles - you just can't reach the same reaction time with a pad you would get with a gaming mouse - it's like playing FPS with a joystick. But it's a derail anyways. I still say PS3 if any console.

Get Demon's Souls. Well, only get it if you like challenging games. Like punch babies in the face because it is so hard challenging. But wow, is it a great game.

3d Dot game heroes is badass too. Heavy Rain is fun too but that one is probably a rent.

Killzone 2 was also a good fps for a console and MAG is the biggest online shooter I have ever played and is rather chaotic, I prefer Battlefield bad company 2 over it though.

And of course Little Big Planet.

• 3 weeks later...
Depends on your tastes.

If you care a lot about Graphics, then go get PS3.
If you care about Multiplayer, then…I dunno...they all have games with great multiplayer, and online support.
If you care about Music, then I would stick with Classics (Which tend to be on the Wii), Not that people really care about Music...
If you care about Gameplay, then...
GENRES
(Side Scrolling/TPS/ORS) Shooter **Wii** (Metroid Prime Trilogy, Other M, Resident Evil)
FPS **XBOX / PS3** (CoD, other ones I can't remember)
Adventure **Wii** (Another Code, Zack & Wiki)
Platform (Obvious, isn't it?) **Wii** (NSMBWii, Many WiiWare games)
RPG **XBOX/PS3** (Final Fantasy, Fable, again, others I can't remember the name of)
Puzzle **DS** ( ;D) (Prof. Layton, etc)
Simulation **Any** (The Sims, MySims, etc)
Strategy/Tactics **…I don't really know...**
Sports **…**
Fighting **XBOX / PS3 (Ehh…what's their names..?)**
Dance/Rhythm **WII. WII. WII BY A MILE.**

At least the Wii won something by a mile. :D

EDIT: Just realised…I'm near Necro-ing, aren't I?

I don't know much about how long you'll have a PS3 for but my friend, my brother and me have had XBox 360s since the christmas after they were released and we all still have them and haven't needed any repairs yet. I didn't know that PS3s didn't play PS2 games, which makes me glad I got the 360, the Kinetic makes me vote for the XBox too since it's a step above the Move and the Wiimote (I can't believe they named the remote that, I think a monkey on crack came up with the name). The graphics on the PS3 are supposedly better then XBox -although I haven't seen that myself- since they apparently have Blueray. The Wii is good if you like the old Nintendo games, because you can download old games (I still have an ancient one called Toejam and Earl, which is way before my time), and they also have had more time to release the games. As for Kinect games that have been released, they suck… But then again they've barely release the Kinect, so the odds are for them making better games in future. All in all you can't decide until you think about what games you play. If you had and enjoyed the Wiis yoga games (like the Wii Fit) but are looking for an upgrade in graphics, you can expect a Kinect game which gives you similar to better gameplay with that improvement in graphics. If you like shooting galleries, there's a game called Links Crossbow Training which I got one christmas which had my whole familly addicted (that was one dull holiday for me when they set up the wii in the living room, I woke up to the sound of a crossbow being fired). The Playstation move is likely to bring on plenty of shooting games too, off a more COD/Halo-esque genre though. So although I favor the XBox 360 to the other options, it technically depends on what assets on these systems you find most appealing.
Just a little essay for you ;D

I know you don't need it, but you just explained it yourself. Added speed, which is quite helpful in a lot of the PC games cases.

Well, unless if I've misread something, it might help for us to know your tastes?

> Ok heres the story. I have a Nintendo Wii. I love it and I think it is a really good system, however I have always been a little skeptical. Originally I had the decision to buy any of the three systems and I decided to go with the Wii. At the time, the Wii just came out, and the hype about the motion controller was really appealing. Also, I was not a big fan of Xbox, and the PS3 game development was EXTREMELY SLOW! I have always been a Playstation fan at heart, and actually sold all of my PS2 stuff to have money towards my Wii.

If you love the Wii, then why do you want to replace it?

> Now, I am very disappointed with the path the Wii took. Sure there are some good sequal games that were and are going to be released, but I feel like the Wii games in general are lacking extremely.

Then disregard those disappointing games (Which I did), and keep in mind the games that are good. The only reason you see trashy games on the Wii, is because it's pretty cheap to develop for it, and, of the people who own games consoles, the Wii is technically the most popular, so Third-party companies can make quick money for it.

> Anyway, I am asking the Eclipse community to help me make a decision!

Is that a good idea?

> Should I stick with the Wii, not only because I have alread invested a ton of money on games and stuff but simply because of the fact that the few good games that are out for the Wii are worth keeping the system…

Some **Decent - Brilliant** [Keeping in mind this ranges from Decent.] Wii Games A-Z: A Boy and his Blob, Alone in the Dark, Animal Crossing, Another Code R, Band Hero, The Beatles; Rock Band, Big Brain Academy, Call of Duty, The Conduit, Dead Rising, de Blob, DJ Hero, Endless Ocean, Excite Trucks, Excitebots, Fifa, Final Fantasy, Guitar Hero, Harvest Moon, House of the Dead, Zelda, Madden, Mario & Sonic, Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, Mario Sports Series, Metroid Prime, Other M, Muramusa, MySims, NewPlayControl Series, No More Heroes, PES, Resident Evil, Sin and Punishment, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Trauma Team, WarioWare, Wii Sports, Zack and Wiki.

I know that some games there are also on PS3/360, and are considerably better, but the games are cheaper on the Wii. That's another plus, I guess.
But this is what I can think of, off the top of my head. Yes, I wrote that in a list. :D

> Or should I work on trading in my Wii to invest into another system?

Why do that? Not only will you get less money for it, but if you decide to get PS3/360, chances are you will not be able to fully cover your needs, with the PS, there's the Console, and the Games are pretty expensive. with the 360, it might not look like much, but in the long-term, it's going to cost you, with monthly fees for Live, and then you might have to put up with RROD/etc.

> Please don't just respond with get the "PS3" because its better. I need really convincing facts to help me make my decision.

Smart Person. That wasn't sarcastic, btw.

> P.S. Although the Wii is big into motion controlling, I won't even consider purchasing a system because of kinect or PS3 move.

Who cares about motion controls?

> PLEASE HELP ME SETTLE MY SKEPTICISM AND MAKE A DECISION! THANK YOU!

Again, is this a good idea?

> AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE LONGEVITY OF THE SYSTEM THE RECOMMEND THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! (SUCH AS DISCUSSION OF NEW SYSTEMS, ETC.) IF I SWITCH I AM LOOKING AT KEEPING THE PRODUCT FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!

Depends on what you mean by Longevity.
If you mean how long you think the products will stay alive; Microsoft and Sony reckon that the 360/PS3 is going to last another couple of years. Fat chance.

Nintendo are working on something new.

The Wii is dying, as many people are now too indulged into Graphics, and Shooters, etc.
360 is also going down, however slowly, because the PS3 is slowly coming out tops.
PS3 is going to last a while longer.

Although, I think the 3DS might shake things up when it comes out.

If you mean the consoles themselves; the Wii is a pretty good product, you should know yourself. The 360 is extremely prone to a lot of things, namely RROD/RDOD, Circle Scratches, Crashing (Well, it's done that for me a lot), and the fact that it is quite inferiorly built. Including the new Slims. The PS3, is pretty good, in terms of being able to survive some knocks, but there's the YLOD/Whatever it's called to worry about.

Don't forget about Homebrew  ;D

If it helps. I am quite biased to the Wii XD.

@Carim123:

> Or you could just forget Wii, 360, and PS3 altogether, and get an Alienware Gaming PC. That thing is in a tier of it's own. The 3 pretty much do not compare to it.
>
> Or you could get a 3DS.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand for this… if you want a gaming PC, build it yourself. It'll be cheaper, it'll be faster, and it won't come with a whole bunch of "filler" programs. Alienware has gone downhill in the past decade. You're paying way more for something that runs slower than a homebrew PC due to incompatible drivers, useless trash that comes pre-installed, and has a big alien head on the back/side. I'm sorry, but I've had nothing but trouble from Alienware and I can't stand it when people fork over money for brand products.

I built my computer from scratch, upgraded it constantly over the past 5 years, and it's running better than ever. My friends who bought Alienware had constant problems with the same hardware, due to Alienware drivers, bad manufacturing, etc, and had to get new computers long before they should have.

Just my piece.

I still think PC's are best, but beyond that look to your friends. They have a 360? Get a PS3\. They have PS3s? get a PS3.
Wait…

Asking other people will just get you the answer as to which they like more. It's a matter of personal choice, gotta look at the options and weigh them yourself.

My biased opinion is if you have a PC that can play most good games, then get a wii. I stick to my PC for high-end games, whether I'm playing single player or over the internet, and the wii is just pure fun with friends in the house. Plus you can't really get games like new super mario wii on computer.

Then again I barely ever play games any more, so maybe I'm just casual. xD

It really is down to choice.

The only reason that PS3 is winning, is because it's a Graphic-reliant machine.
The only reason that Xbox360 is second, is because it's a Shooter-reliant machine.
The only reason that Wii is losing, is because everybody's obsessed with Graphics/Shooting people.