Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins.Net

jcsnider

Never really understood why people complain about off-topic -THAT- much; we have moderators for a reason. If they deem it necessary to split the topic, they will do so. You've just created another off-topic post; I concur.

As for this, does anyone actually have a client or server to it or is this all in the air?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vaughan:

> Never really understood why people complain about off-topic -THAT- much; we have moderators for a reason. If they deem it necessary to split the topic, they will do so. You've just created another off-topic post; I concur.
>
> As for this, does anyone actually have a client or server to it or is this all in the air?

He hasn't released it officially. (From what I am aware at least.)

Although, it's starting to look like JCSnider may finish this project, and come out with a decent VB.NET engine.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@Vaughan:

> Just wait up, if he finishes, he finishes. If not, it won't be the first time.
>
> As for Robin, you may be correct in most - if not all - of your points; however, most people are fairly new and don't understand the concept. They are eager to help, and eager to develop the 'next new game' or help out the community. You should be helping the community flourish, not being a cynical bastard.
>
> That is all. :)

He's ~~not~~never right, Origins isn't the only successful edit.

@мсичġġєт:

> He's ~~not~~never right, Origins isn't the only successful edit.

Well… It is, actually. Not many Eclipse edits were released to the public. Origins it's the only one that was successful.

I'm here since a long time (I have never been an active user in the forum. Maybe for whiles), and it actually is the only edit that works fine. It's stable, and a good start for developing a game. It kicks asses, actually xD.

Obviously, they're also some awesome edits that people made for their games. But those doesn't count. They are for themselves. I think Robin is talking about public releases.

And I also agree with Robin with the fact that, for being a programmer, you need some skills for solving problems, that not everyone has.
You can learn the sintax, all the shit about the language. But if you don't know how to apply all that weird stuff for solving a problem. You aren't a programmer. You're just a noob with good memory.

I've seen it in my school. It's hilarious seeing my classmates memorizing code samples for the tests xD.