Eclipse Origins.Net

jcsnider

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rilêy¿!¡:

> A guild system is pretty basic…

In what world is it basic? Yes it is a nice feature to already have but when I say the basics I mean the bare minimal things that are needed for this engine to work.

@Pinkeye:

> I'd say if you can't program, don't use it.

Read the above quote. That is one wise man right there. ^_^ :renzo:

@jcsnider:

> It will take a little bit longer but hopefully not too much…. the socket system screws up on xp and 2000 for w/e reason so I am re-doing them but better.

It is probably the implementation of them.

@[Cake:

> Vitin â„¢ link=topic=65445.msg709907#msg709907 date=1289083035]
> I think vb.net is slower.

It depends. It can be MUCH faster.

@DshWinchester:

> well..
> I try vb2008 and run a litle slow ;s
>
> Maybe a vbNet game is slower than a vb6game? or is the same speed :renzo:

With what? You would need to use the exact same program if you want to compare. But running Eclipse VS. a PoS halfway-thought-out program you wrote half of and abandoned, will be a difference.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@DarthPoster:

> nope, the inverse.

![](http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7012/1270512157593.jpg)

Enough discussion about .NET in here. We've had so many of these discussions it's not even funny.

It's obvious that most of you are just basing your posts on idle thought and your own opinion about what .NET _should_ be. 9 times out of 10 you're wrong.

Go read up on the language and actually learn the differences before throwing around wild accusations and pretending you know what's what. You're all just making yourselves look like fucking idiots.

This topic is a discussion of Eclipse.NET, not VB.NET. Next person to fire up that argument again will start getting some hefty warnings, and as most of the idiots posting here already have 40%+ warning level, that'll result in some mutes.

Alright I have made some progress today. Appearntly the sockets I am using just don't like to send map resources :D. Once I removed the line of code… it worked o.O.

I am going to fix this little issues and then continue with my compatibility testing of win2000 and xp. I foresee a few more bugs but nothing too major I can hope.

Also a little change. As long as the server that is hosting the game is connected to the internet the Eo.net server will connect to this forum and return the REAL Ip of the server to the host. This way it eliminates some people from trying to use local ip addresses.

@jcsnider:

> Also a little change. As long as the server that is hosting the game is connected to the internet the Eo.net server will connect to this forum and return the REAL Ip of the server to the host. This way it eliminates some people from trying to use local ip addresses.

Does that mean that if you (the host) disconnect the server will still be up?

@Sekaru:

> @jcsnider:
>
> > Also a little change. As long as the server that is hosting the game is connected to the internet the Eo.net server will connect to this forum and return the REAL Ip of the server to the host. This way it eliminates some people from trying to use local ip addresses.
>
> Does that mean that if you (the host) disconnect the server will still be up?

No, that's not even possible.

@Sekaru:

> @jcsnider:
>
> > Also a little change. As long as the server that is hosting the game is connected to the internet the Eo.net server will connect to this forum and return the REAL Ip of the server to the host. This way it eliminates some people from trying to use local ip addresses.
>
> Does that mean that if you (the host) disconnect the server will still be up?

(E.g. if you try setting the IP as 127.0.0.1, it will **correct** you by entering in your IP from ipchicken.com)

No. To determine your REAL ip address you either…
1\. Check the settings of your router.
2\. Go to a website such as www.ipchicken.com
3\. Have a computer connected directly to the internet. (Not likely)

So what I am saying is that when the Eo.Net server starts it will connect to this forum and this forum will tell it it's REAL Ip so the server will display the correct IP address that you should be giving out to your friends versus a local IP which dosn't work.

However if you server does not have internet connection at all, this will not work and the server will default into giving a local ip. (If the server does not have an internet connection then I doubt your gonna share you game anyway :D)