Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PS3 (+Move) vs Xbox 360 (+Kinect)

Chakkra

So.. I've been researching a lot and I'm trying to figure out if I want to get a PS3 and Move or an Xbox 360 and Kinect…

What are the pros and cons to both?

And those of you who aren't fanboys, which one would you say is better and suggest. Why?

I'm starting to steer more towards PS3 and Move... Because Move looks more serious vs Kinect which looks like an amped up eyetoy and which looks like it's for little kids.

Plus the gaming line-up for Move looks a lot better..

Putting Move and Kinect aside, I already own a 360 and I never play it.. ever. I don't like any of the games for it and I don't have live because I don't feel like paying a monthly fee. (FPS are so not my thing)

So which would you suggest? Or which do you want yourself?

@Antho3000:

> still a waste of money if all them keep copying other consoles

You need to understand.. there are no original idea's… Nintendo tried this BEFORE the Wii with its Powerglove..
It's honestly all how its accomplished. Xbox took Eyetoy, and made it actually recognize figures instead of whats moving on the background.. whilst playstation took the wii and did the complete opposite of nintendo by making it understand depth and movement.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=66151.msg712625#msg712625 date=1289774133]
> Move is better, As said, kinect is just an amped up eye toy..
>
> Playstation also plans to update 3 games a week to be compatible with Move.. So.. your MW2 will work with it as well.

Wait are you saying they are making fps games that are not just for fat lazy kids? Because that would stop me from hating all of those call of duty games if they made it so you had to actually interact with it.

PS3 by far. The lag from your body, to be registered on the kinect, to then be registered on screen is often 1-2 seconds. Which is fail if your playing anything more fast paced then an animal game. Also the fact that it is near impossible to play shooting game on the kinect. Why? well, other then the fact that it can barely pick up the difference between you jutting out your arm and pulling it in, how the hell would you turn? like, look around? you would have to actually turn around in real life… and then you wouldnt be be looking at your screen anymore. What they could do is make tv glasses, so your always looking at the screen... but those cost 400 dollars. The PS3 is a highly fine tuned version of the Wii, yes. But it has much better graphics. It also partially future proofed with the blue ray compatibility. And it gets free online playing. The Move is also very precise, in the actions that you can do.

This is written from the stand point of what used to be a Kinect fanboy, unil I saw how bad it sucked balls. The only reason you should get an xbox is if you are in love with Halo. Not that the xbox is not worth buying, I still love it. But the Kinect is a major let down. But... sadly.. im stuck with my xbox for at least 3 years.

@Zonova:

> how the hell would you turn? like, look around? you would have to actually turn around in real life… and then you wouldbe be looking at your screen anymore.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/kagami-lol2.jpg)

Considering it has been out for hardly any time at all, I think judging it in such matter of fact terms already is a little foolish.

And as for the FPS idea, move is a crappy way to play a FPS too. I'd rather take a controller any day over some motion sensor device.