Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it worth it to buy Realm Crafter?

Valon328

I've been using Realm Crafter myself for about 6 months now, and my personal opinion. Yes it's worth it, because it has a lot of features, + it has a scripting engine built in. But it's impossible to create a game with that all by yourself, so unless you have a nice group of dedicated people, I wouldn't advice you to start with it alone. Then again, if you have all the time of the world, you can always give it a shot. It's a nice program with quite some features and options. I use it myself to create "Shinzu Legends 3D".

Notice: A big amount of people complain about Realm Crafter being bad and being buggy as hell with lots of errors. But the only reason why they say that is because they use Torrent copy (Which is WAY out of date) and that version does have quite some bugs indeed, but the latest official version on their website works without any problems. At least for me that is.

Aramyth.

Heh, I bought realmcrafter years ago, shortly after it first came out. Bought the core thing for 50 bucks, but did it early enough that I apparently get professional version when it comes out.

Or maybe it did come out. I dunno, haven't used it in years. I'm terrible with those engines xD

Yes, the version i bought was a Combo pack, which had all the latest stuff, and in addition you got a whole bunch of additional meshes/texture packs included such as dragons, dwarfs, trolls, caves and the likes. And what i love about them is that they look amazingly realistic when they move.

Hey Hey! I just got back from school ;D I want to wonder what is the difference between the standard edition, pro edition, and the combo pack.. I can't wait to use it once my parents (hopefully) agrees to buy it :D

Realm Crafter IS an mmorpg maker, right? :D

Oh yeah, thanks for the website, I was afraid I would be tricked XD

I'm about to buy it, please reply ASAP! ^o^

The map editor works just fine. And the camera can be rotated in every possible angle you can think of, so I think you must have either used a very old version, or you didn't know how to use the camera controls properly. I like making maps with it, because it's very dynamic, and you can litteraly create any kind of map you want.

Hey, um, I just bought Realm Crafter, I don't know how they will get it to me (I bought the pro version). Will they ship it to my address? When I tried to download from members area it said my password and username is incorrect. I don't get it!

Oh yeah no one ever replied to my question about the product but they all replied to other questions about how to develop a game… >.>

About deliery:I believe each account is activated manually and can take a couple days until you can download(check forums). Are you trying to go to http://www.realmcrafter.com/~download ?

Standard is the old version which they are basically only big fixing from now on.
I believe it has no source but a wicked scripting engine(never got that far).
Pro is the new version. Way better features and code, and eventually will have source. Downside is you will have to buy source seperately.

Combo is both, and you get all the future updates.
Also if you bought standard a while back you get pro free… like i did.

I havent bothered with it in forever though.

Can someone please tell me what type of software/thing is needed to make 3D models with? (I don't know how to word it in google…) I found one that's called Milkshape 3D, and another called anim8or, does anyone know if they work (and how do I import it) onto the game?
Thanks!

Bought Realm Crafter... Now I wish I used the money to get those Eclipse Origins stuff instead. o-o (because I can hardly find any tutorials on Realm Crafter)

@Robin:

> >implying anyone on here can make a 3D game by themselves with Unity.

For people who actually know programming, but don't want to bother writing an entire library or framework, I'd recommend either Irrlicht or Ogre3D. Then again, you will only have the logic, which is only one of the many things you need.

@☻Valon☻:

> Can someone please tell me what type of software/thing is needed to make 3D models with? (I don't know how to word it in google…) I found one that's called Milkshape 3D, and another called anim8or, does anyone know if they work (and how do I import it) onto the game?
> Thanks!
>
> Bought Realm Crafter... Now I wish I used the money to get those Eclipse Origins stuff instead. o-o (because I can hardly find any tutorials on Realm Crafter)

A list of [3D computer graphics software](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_computer_graphics_software). I forgot what model formats (3DS, X, etc.) are supported by Realm Crafter though.

Regards,
  Stephan.