Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Ownership? New Direction? Dr.Yukiro.

Link

Hello members of eclipse, most of you know me and a lot of you know me from past experience here on Eclipse. As you can see, I'm now the owner. I have purchased the site and with it I have plenty of changes coming your way, good changes. Plenty of you may have heard rumors and I might have denied it under the circumstances, but they are true.

What does me taking over the site mean? A lot of you are wondering if Eclipse 4.0 will be offered open source? What will happen to Eclipse V how will I get the ball rolling? Don't worry, this has been discussed among my team as well as the new team of developers who will now be consistently giving you bug fixes and updates etc, they'll introduce themselves soon enough, however you might already know them.

To answer your questions, 4.0 will be eventually released open source, for now however it will no longer require payment! You'll still have the option to pay for hosting if you need it, so 4.0 will now be free. Eclipse V is no longer being worked on, there is a new official version of Eclipse being worked on by the new developers and it will be open source more than likely. The EO 4.0 version of eclipse now has a new consistent developer who is already behind the scenes getting things prepared, we're here to make all your complaints go away by fixing them, adding new features and optimizing the engine. I'll let the development team make their introductions and tell you their plans.

Staff structures returning? The old staff structures are returning to eclipse> Owner, Admins, Developers, Webtastic Unit, Global Moderator, Chat Moderator along with some new ranks including the following: Public Relations, Engine Support and Complaints Manager. Each will be given a role to play which will be explained further later, just know this means more interaction from the staff to the members to make sure there's help 24/7 instead of waiting long hours for a topic reply there will be official responses from the developers etc.

A new order is at hand, the admin team is going to be stronger than ever and many things will be offered.

Theme? There will be a theme change shortly to represent the change in ownership.

Want to be staff? We'll be accepting at-least two moderators within the next three weeks, feel free to shoot me a pm on why you think you'd be a good moderator, keep in mind I'll be watching you.

Banned members? New changes, second chance. Have a friend who has been banned who feels like they can contribute to the site? As long as they're mature and willing to be apart of the community I'm all about second chances, but have them personally talk to me on skype! zarachi6.

The staff? The admin team might be making some of their own introductions and statements about the new changes so be sure to look out for topic.

Forums cleanup? The V engine will be removed, there will be work done on the forums as far as topics that aren't supported by the original poster in the Eclipse Projects sections.

I'm your new owner, your friend and your leader, Yukiro. I'm here to get rid of the idea of a commercial eclipse, offer a supportive and consistent dev team, a new version of eclipse in a more supported language and to see these forums become what they once were.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined Eclipse in 2006, and cut my teeth on _Sadscript_. For near a decade, I have become acquainted with numerous Eclipsians and have grown to care for each one of you. There is not a single individual here that I do not regard as a friend.

I am most elated to work together with everyone, staff and member alike, to transform Eclipse into a prosperous community. Eclipse will focus on creativity, trust, hard work, and positive attitudes. These values will not only encouraged, but shall flourish as we work together to make Eclipse a better place.

Hey Everyone,

I'm taking over the Eclipse Origins development (VB6).  There are other things in the works that Dr. Yukiro I'm sure will announce in the coming days.

As for what you can expect with Eclipse Origins, as Dr. Yukiro has stated we are moving away from the Gold/Silver licensing system and moving to a free-closed-source version for the time being. Yes, eventually when I clean up the source and am comfortable with the documentation as I plan to work on some nice detailed help documents, it will go Open-Source at some point.

In the mean time Eclipse Origins 4.3 will be closed source but free!  We will still offer VPS hosting for a cost if you want your game hosted on our machine.

More information will come from myself in the coming days!

Hope to serve you all well!

> Hey Everyone,
>
>  
>
> I'm taking over the Eclipse Origins development (VB6).  There are other things in the works that Dr. Yukiro I'm sure will announce in the coming days.
>
>  
>
> As for what you can expect with Eclipse Origins, as Dr. Yukiro has stated we are moving away from the Gold/Silver licensing system and moving to a free-closed-source version for the time being. Yes, eventually when I clean up the source and am comfortable with the documentation as I plan to work on some nice detailed help documents, it will go Open-Source at some point.
>
>  
>
> In the mean time Eclipse Origins 4.3 will be closed source but free!  We will still offer VPS hosting for a cost if you want your game hosted on our machine.
>
>  
>
> More information will come from myself in the coming days!
>
>  
>
> Hope to serve you all well!

Best man to take the job right here not another person on these forums id rather take over then rob 

wish you the best of luck brother.

Hey! Many of you probably know me, but for those who don't, I am Vus.

I'm from Czech Republic, been on the forums since about 2008, but I registered in 2009\. As of now, I've been promoted to a mod and hope that all will go well and friendly! :)

Also, I made a quick poster for the new change! 

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/kQSdPnm.jpg)