24-hour challenge.

Robin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wraith:

> If you can do this in 24 hours then I can't even imagine how good of a game you can make in 48 hours :D
>
> Hell, 48 hours to make a game, add an item shop, why aren't you rich by now kid?  :P

Because I'm not even past the 3/4 mark? ;]

Phew. Done. 15 minutes left.

Another 12 hours gone. Not many updates posted as I was busy. Most of what I was doing really didn't need a screenshot, either.

Balanced out 5 levels of training for all 3 classes, I've got two sets of equipment, a unique boss, the main village and 2 training areas mapped out, 3 spells per class and did a ton of programming and formula tweeks.

I'll go write out those descriptions then I'll have a couple of hours break before compiling up some runtime files and an autoupdater so I can release the thing for testing.

@Tala:

> I so need to learn DirectX8 so I can port my engine to it ;p

Thank you for that completely unrelated comment.

Anyway, I'm done for the day. About to pass out. I did actually finish the game in 24 hours (less than if you don't count meal times and breaks) and I'm quite proud of how much I actually did.

To release it I'm going to have to write up an auto-updater, an installer and an automatic server booter. That'll all have to wait till tomorrow because I can't actually see properly any more.

Final screenshot of what I accomplished.

![](http://i.imgur.com/pC2bE.png)

@aminooo:

> Way too epic for a 24 hours result, congratulations.

I agree…

*Looks Robin in the eyes* Lelouche Vi Britannia commands you, give us the source. :P

Mostly cause you acomplished in 24 hours what I've been trying todo for a while now, damn my short attention span.

Other then that, it looks pretty GJ.

and the graphics really fantatisco DX8 version of eclipse origins gold I know some system that the robin has origins in gold can be made in the current V2 origins'm more crazy for the gold version of Eclipse is finally launched origins muinto good muinto good even eclipse version origins gold xD

Big thanks to all those who tested this morning. I've tracked the CTDs down to the autotile caching. It only errored when running the compiled version for some reason.

Anyway, autotiles are no longer cached on startup and each individual tile is cached as you walk around the map. They're done up to 2 tiles off-screen so you won't notice anything except the occasional lapse whilst doing a lot of warping.

Apparently have an 80x80 map with 5 levels of autotiles isn't a good thing so I'll be re-mapping the wolf area to be more sparing as I was in the cow area. The map was pretty bad anyway. I rushed the entire thing because I was nearing the deadline.

Once I've re-done that area I'll link it back up to the boss then release the full version of the game for everyone.

Again, big thanks to all the testers this morning.