24-hour challenge.

Robin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got something planned for the boss. :3

Added in a multi-branched event-driven npc conversation system complete with editor, unique hardcoded events and generic events you can set in the editor. This will be used to fuel the 'quest' system as well as make the game feel way more interactive, talking to shopkeepers to access shops and the like.

![](http://i.imgur.com/FZwbT.png)

I won't have time to make the level of detail my quest system would need. There will be unofficial 'quests' but no official system to log them and create account flags.

You'd be surprised just how much you can do with the default Origins functions, however. ;]

Well why don't you provide a little taste to our buds of what you've done with the native EO functions? For all a lot of these people know you've added all of this without touching the native commands, which I know is a bunch of rubbish, but I'm still intrigued to hear what you have to say. :P

Edit: If you ever do this again, maybe you should record it, speed it up, and post it. It'd make a nice little video. :P

@Robin:

> I won't have time to make the level of detail my quest system would need. There will be unofficial 'quests' but no official system to log them and create account flags.
>
> You'd be surprised just how much you can do with the default Origins functions, however. ;]

Does that mean no actual quest system in Eclipse Origins Gold >_> ?

You'll see when you play through the game. It'll be obvious that I've used the default functions because that's how it'll play. I don't mean the programming functions, just the default systems. Map attributes, npcs, spells etc.

@Païn:

> Does that mean no actual quest system in Eclipse Origins Gold >_> ?

… This isn't Eclipse Origins Gold. It's me making a game with the early DX8 port of Origins.

@Païn:

> Wait, so this isn't going to be the base for EO Gold?

Jesus Christ.

Eclipse Gold Edition doesn't exist yet. What I have done so far is a basic DX8 port of Origins. That is it. That is all I have done. Nothing else has been added _at all_. It is simply a different graphics engine.

What you're looking at now is me making a game in 24 hours using that direct DX8 port of Origins v2\. This has nothing to do with the Gold Edition at all apart from the fact that the Gold Edition will also be built on my DX8 port of Origins v2 and will sport a few of the same features.