Find results in...

Eclipse is being shut down

Robin

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we joke about something like this? The only person working on the engine quit, none of us wanted to take over, and we all came to an agreement that Eclipse could become a MLP site due to that almost all of us (besides admiral) likes MLP. I like the change. :D. It really calls for a song.

@HL:

> Robins a Brit, there for he would have posted it when it was April 1 in his own timezone, which is not the same as everyone elses.

Robin doesn't own the site, there for he has no right to change it without disregard.

@Applejack:

> Why would we joke about something like this? The only person working on the engine quit, none of us wanted to take over, and we all came to an agreement that Eclipse could become a MLP site due to that almost all of us (besides admiral) likes MLP. I like the change. :D. It really calls for a song.
>
> Robin doesn't own the site, there for he has no right to change it without disregard.

So if someone else can take over as head programmer eclipse will come back???

> My Little Pony, My Little Pony
> How has the world been treating you?
> Have your dreams been coming true?
> Tell me what's doing; anything brewing?
> Is something special in store?
> Can't wait to see once more
> What's been occurring? Anything Stirring?
> Hope your problems are few
> May fortune smile on you
> May fortune smile on you

@Simon:

> link=topic=70602.msg759674#msg759674 date=1301618256]
> Will the previously created threads be removed due to not being on topic anymore?

They'll slowly be phased out as the forum shifts from Origins to MLP, although they won't be removed unless the user posts a Formal Permanent Declaration of Absence in the I'm New/Back/Leaving topic.

In other words, if you don't say you're leaving, we keep your threads.

Son-of-a-bitch. Of course this happens right when I'm looking into starting to use Eclipse.

Though, just looking from the first page of comments on this thread. I can't blame Robin.

I just hope I can still get some help from someone around here, and somewhere to download the engine. :/

@Pbcrazy:

> Son-of-a-female dog. Of course this happens right when I'm looking into starting to use Eclipse.
>
> Though, just looking from the first page of comments on this thread. I can't blame Robin.
>
> I just hope I can still get some help from someone around here, and somewhere to download the engine. :/

Google "Eclipse Origins". It's still there, although we won't offer support for it.

To be honest, most of Origins was self-explanatory. It was just that, well, nobody wanted to read. Robin actually was writing up a whole tutorial guide, but he realized nobody was using it. You can actually use Eclipse pretty easily.

@Scootaloo:

> Google "Eclipse Origins". It's still there, although we won't offer support for it.
>
> To be honest, most of Origins was self-explanatory. It was just that, well, nobody wanted to read. Robin actually was writing up a whole tutorial guide, but he realized nobody was using it. You can actually use Eclipse pretty easily.

Well that's depressing to hear, I was really hoping a good indepth guide would come out (not that Eclipse is hard to understand as you said, but its always nice to have some more).

Actually, I had a more general question on programming, I need help with coming up with a parse algorithm/function for another BASIC language that doesn't have it's own parse or split functions.

Welp, looks like I'll go download the latest version so I'll have it for later use when I actually have time to make something.

P.S. Love the "thanks for all the fish" xD Good ending note Robin.

EDIT: Looks like the download was taken down as well. So nvm about that. I hope I have the latest version backed up somewhere…

I'm really disappointed people. Not with Robin or any of the Administration, but with the members of the community, I thought this was the last bastion of 2D ORPG development, but it seems this one has fallen to the lowest levels of immaturity and plain stupidity as well.

@Scootaloo:

> To be honest, most of Origins was self-explanatory. It was just that, well, nobody wanted to read. Robin actually was writing up a whole tutorial guide, but he realized nobody was using it. You can actually use Eclipse pretty easily.

Tutorial or not, there will always be people who are just pure idiots.

@Zecora:

> What he means is that episode Rarity made great dresses for everyone but they were not happy with it and instead asked her to make all these wierd random requests to her original visions, which tired Rarity out and made horrible finished products (because only Rarity actually knew what she was doing). Robin felt the same way with Origins because nobody was happy with it and would constantly ask for extra features which they think they needed without understanding.
>
> Robin making Origins = Rarity making the dresses. He makes Rainbow Dash his avatar because that's his favorite pony.

Glad to see someone actually understands why this all came about.

It's kind of saddening that I explain to everyone why I'm shutting down yet none of them bother to actually read the post and understand my reasoning. Everyone's acting like I'm doing this to personally spite them.

You just can't teach pork, I guess.

@Zecora:

> What he means is that episode Rarity made great dresses for everyone but they were not happy with it and instead asked her to make all these wierd random requests to her original visions, which tired Rarity out and made horrible finished products (because only Rarity actually knew what she was doing). Robin felt the same way with Origins because nobody was happy with it and would constantly ask for extra features which they think they needed without understanding.
>
> Robin making Origins = Rarity making the dresses. He makes Rainbow Dash his avatar because that's his favorite pony.

I knew that much. I was just asking a dumb question like he sai- LOLOLOL

@Rainbow:

> Glad to see someone actually understands why this all came about.
>
> It's kind of saddening that I explain to everyone why I'm shutting down yet none of them bother to actually read the post and understand my reasoning. Everyone's acting like I'm doing this to personally spite them.
>
> You just can't teach pork, I guess.

I think its all of this pony talk that's making people be like "OMFG, WUTTEHFUX ROBIN U ASS."
Mostly because not being gay is the most important thing to 11 year olds.