Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy 4/20

Grizzy

@MrMiguu:

> That's more of a reason to get stoned. Stop hatin' auf der Fuhrer.

I know. But I was just saying the whole reason 4/20 is a holiday is that so many bad things happened and people smoke pot on that day as a way to hide what happened, not celebrate it.

@Helladen:

> I know. But I was just saying the whole reason 4/20 is a holiday is that so many bad things happened and people smoke pot on that day as a way to hide what happened, not celebrate it.

I don't know the real reason behind it. Is it coincidental or are these things you're telling me; are they true?

@Helladen:

> I know. But I was just saying the whole reason 4/20 is a holiday is that so many bad things happened and people smoke pot on that day as a way to hide what happened, not celebrate it.

Don't talk bullshit. It was simply a time when people used to meet up to smoke pot. 4:20\. From there it evolved to just a general phrase for smoking weed and from there the day originated.

The Origin Revealed

According to Steven Hager, editor of High Times, the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50\. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation. While our teens feel that they know something we don't, you can let them in on the fact that it was your generation that came up with the numbers.

A quote from one of the Waldos in the High Times article states, "We did discover we could talk about getting high in front of our parents without them knowing by using the phrase 420." Fortunately, your teenagers will not have that same option.

Dude it was a quote.

I didnt say any of that read it "According to Steven Hager, editor of High Times,"

Meaning it wasnt typed up for this but for something else and a different group of people which whould make a lot more sense.

You look into some things to hard sometimes LOL

I see it as a day that if you do happen to smoke, then its a nice reason for everyone you like chilling with to kick back and spark a few blunts and have a nice fun evening. People that constantly bash it for being "Hitler's Birthday" or the "Columbine Shooting" are just looking too deep into their google searches. If you don't celebrate it, don't bash it. It's the stoner's Christmas. Just chill and light one up, or get over it and wait out 24 hours. Not like it really causes any harm to anyone.

I see posts of it not being harmful…

If you believe this you're an idiot.

The pot you buy off the streets are harmful... They put extra shit in it its not just pot...

Medical pot if you get your hands on it is the real deal so if you smoke that then ill agree with you. But you if you buy it off the streets you really need learn lol

@Bloodmorphed:

> The pot you buy off the streets are harmful… They put extra shit in it its not just pot...

Depends on who you buy it from and if your not smart enough to look threw the bag before buying it.

Never by smoke that is pre rolled. That stuff is normally laced with something.

@Anna:

> @kusy: hell doesn't exist, catholic

Are you telling me that there's no such thing as a place that some invisible man is creating for us, a place set constantly aflame with torturous angels, and an unlimited fuel? A place where all the people who died evil will magically arrive in? Now That is just plain Blasphemy!

• 2 weeks later...