Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Con

Grizzy

@Robin:

> It'd be a pretty shit party to be honest. I've met up with a few Mirage-esque people over the years but they've all been people I've talked to for a long time. Having a large get-together is going to be very awkward.

Welcome to the joy of meeting people from the internet, it's always awkward.

@Draken:

> I gotta wait till next month before I know if We get that land or not, If so Shouldnt be a problem.
>
> This all came up when I told marsh about my bday party and told him he could come if he found a way down here LOL.
>
> I know theres a few other Ren festivals going on this summer just dont remeber where, we could all meet at one of those.

I have never been to one of those either, so that could be fun.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> It'd be a pretty shit party to be honest. I've met up with a few Mirage-esque people over the years but they've all been people I've talked to for a long time. Having a large get-together is going to be very awkward.

Marsh said he would come. But it very well could be crazy awkward. Depends on the people I guess and the overall party as a wholes social skills. I remember some free TV I saw on Xbox where these WoW like people got together and it was really awkward. But yeah Marsh would of def made it more official. I think if a bunch of young young kids came I'd feel awkward. & I told Marsh I'd split his bus ticket there and back and give him a ride from wherever he decided to ride too. But u can take a bus pretty much anywhere.

Edit: Also I'm getting an apt by the start of next month so I could hold a small get together. I already am going to be a couch surfing host… well maybe idk i'm still sketch about it.

@Lenton:

> Me and my friend Aaron that uses this forum both live in the UK too.
>
> Plus, drinking age is 18.

16 here for anything with an alcohol volume of less than twenty percent, 18 for anything above that (I wonder if people actually realise how flawed that rule is).

As for the convention, I'd probably join. The major problem is getting something like this to work out, though.

Regards,
  Stephan.

I'd have to push myself to drive down to Hull to meet family, never mind some random people off the internet. In the end it's waaay too much effort for something that just won't be that enjoyable. If you live near a few fellow Eclipsians then you should meet up for some drinks. Don't break in to your University fund to travel halfway across the country for it.

@Robin:

> I'd have to push myself to drive down to Hull to meet family, never mind some random people off the internet. In the end it's waaay too much effort for something that just won't be that enjoyable. If you live near a few fellow Eclipsians then you should meet up for some drinks. Don't break in to your University fund to travel halfway across the country for it.

Why go to any kind of convention then? Or a ren Festival? Personally I have to shell out money to "do anything" so I don't really see your point.

A convention actually requires some content. Considering Eclipse is based around a little VB6 engine I made there's really nothing topical you can do at all. It's also not on a big enough scale to do anything proper.

It would literally just be a half-dozen people meeting. Believe me, if you've ever been to an internet community 'convention' you'd know what I was talking about.

If you're going to push yourself to have a good time then go for it, just pointing out that people have a bad habit of being dangerously optimistic about how these things go down.

Honestly I've been to "little" events like this. Generally that's all there are where I live. They do come down to the social skills of the people who show up. If twelve of us showed up and we have a decent location there's probably a multitude of things we could do to pass the time, and make it not a waste.

@Greendude120:

> How an event like such would most likely turn out:
> 1\. Party with lots of drunk ppl
> or
> 2\. Socially awkward with admins and mods starring at newbies. + marsh having a banana sundae.
>
> i prefer the first but the 2nd is more likely

I think when it was brought up it was supposed to be the first one. lol

Well if it does turn out awkward the stoners can get stoned. Also it may be awkward for like 10 mins but just play some video games ( which we all love or wouldn't be here) and I think everyone will warm up pretty quick / have something to do. Then we can figure it out from there. Campfires are always sick to.

Sent from my phone so excuse messed up errors.

@Marsh:

> Well if it does turn out awkward the stoners can get stoned. Also it may be awkward for like 10 mins but just play some video games ( which we all love or wouldn't be here) and I think everyone will warm up pretty quick / have something to do. Then we can figure it out from there. Campfires are always sick to.
>
> Sent from my phone so excuse messed up errors.

Yeah you and I are on the same page. It's always weird to meet someone offline for the first time, but that's why we do fun crap to make things easier.

Dude I would so pass my gnome pipe around :D. Also i dont think i would feel awkward. Kinda might act like the nut job i am :P lol. yes my true plan is to get you all in the texas swamps lost and then I go hunting for human :D lol

@Draken:

> Dude I would so pass my gnome pipe around :D. Also i dont think i would feel awkward. Kinda might act like the nut job i am :P lol. yes my true plan is to get you all in the texas swamps lost and then I go hunting for human :D lol

I'll bring my sword in prep. ;D We can have plenty of fun.

@Draken:

> Dude I would so pass my gnome pipe around :D. Also i dont think i would feel awkward. Kinda might act like the nut job i am :P lol. yes my true plan is to get you all in the texas swamps lost and then I go hunting for human :D lol

I got a feeling i could spot this guy right away if i saw him irl. He the 'odd' guy haha.